READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I just remembered to practice going through the BG process from home today. I can't believe I missed the 7am BG window AGAIN! And I even had a reminder set on my phone. I guess at least I get to try the 2 pm BG window today. I'm a mess. 😂

UPDATE: I tried at 2pm and it brought me all the way to the "Does everyone have park tickets?" page -- assuming I would have gotten one. The trick of lining up the "Join" buttons worked perfectly. I just tapped like a mad man and it pushed me through to the final page before the second "join" button page loaded all the way.

What’s the trick of lining up the join buttons? I just started following this thread now because I’ll be at WDW in 2 weeks.

What’s the trick of lining up the join buttons? I just started following this thread now because I’ll be at WDW in 2 weeks.
You have to line the Join button on the homepage up with where it’s going to be on the next page. Some phones do this really well and others not so much. My android is sort of jumpy on the second page, so doesn’t always work for me.

Someone a few pages back explained how they adjust the "Join" button on the first page of the MDE app so that when they tap the "Join" Button, the next page will load and the next "Join" button will be exactly where you tapped on the first page. The original poster suggests rapidly tapping while the page is loading -- that will get you through to the "Friends and Family" page faster. The key is not waiting for the second page to load, but just continue to tap quickly so it gets you through as fast as possible.

I have an iPhone 8+. I took a screenshot of the first page. It was lined up perfectly for the second join button on the next page. I lined up the right AT-AT's red lasers with the top of my screen.

Attachments

• IMG_4091.PNG
    IMG_4091.PNG
    226.6 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I managed to get boarding group 52 this morning, thanks to the tips in this thread. Now, what does this in terms of when I will ride? Barring any long breakdowns will the group number be called by the time the 2 pm booking window opens up?

edit - I should have read 2 posts prior to mine. Duh!

just wanted to follow up that boarding group 52 was called this morning at 11:18 am. Park opening was 9 am.

We stayed at Ft Wilderness campgrounds. Had a cabin with its own router. But decided to use data on iPhone 8 because speedtest was faster with data than WiFi. Drove golf cart up to the boatdock at 6:45 am because iPhone had 4 bars at the marina and only 2 bars at the cabin.

Drove our car to the park. Main entrance gates opened at 8:05 am. (Drove instead of taking a bus because front desk said buses didn’t start running until 8:30 am). Parked in front row of parking in parking lot. Park was open by the time we made it through temperature and bag checks. Went straight to slinky dog coaster, which had only a 5 minute waited. Walked onto Alien Saucers and Toy Story Mania. Park officially opened as we walked off Toy Story Mania. Headed towards the front and waited 35 minutes for Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railway. Then walked back to Galaxy’s Edge and waited about 45 minutes for Millennium Falcon Smugler‘s Run. (We were a party of 4, so we got our own “ship” and could chose who wanted to fly). Walked off of MFSR about 10:40. Sat down and had an early lunch. Enjoyed the atmosphere and our Rise of the Resistance Boarding group was called at 11:18 am.

Everything done by noon. There may have been a smarter way to approach the attractions. But it worked great for us given what we wanted to accomplish.

After all of the practicing, I successfully secured a BG this past Monday. I was checking out of CCV and opted to use my car‘s WIFI after practicing off Dis WIFI the day prior and failed. Car was a success. My BG was around 2p and then the ride broke down until around 2:30 while in line. It was so nerve racking knowing I might not get to experience ROTR after all the work put in.

This is where I have to line up my Join buttons on both an iPhone 6 and iPhone SE. The button is slightly past the half way mark down the screen. I use the image of the AT AT on the right as my guide. So if you have a smaller-ish phone, this line up might work for you. You will only know for sure with a few practice runs.

Join Screen.jpeg

I think my post explaining lining up the join buttons is on page 865. I assume you can just search for my posts and find it. I made another post about the speed of hitting the first join button factoring into how fast the second page loads. From my practicing the second page loads faster if you start touching the first join button as fast as you can. If both are lined up and you start quickly touching join you should hit the second almost immediately. Leaving just the final join button at the bottom of the screen. I’ve done it for real one time for someone else and I got them BG 1.

Help!
Friends, tell me what I am doing wrong.
In Feb 2020 in a park packed with thousands of people outside SWGE, I got a boarding group for 12 people.
Two days ago, I tried at 7am and 2pm and no dice! I was crushed.
Troubleshoot me...
App is up to date
I was on fast in-home wifi for the first try and in the park on Verizon for the second (obvi)
For the 7am try, DH and I tried (both signed into my MDE) account at the same time. 2pm, I tried just me as a CM said multiple people trying from the same account can cancel each other out?
Location services, cell data, and Bluetooth switched off (just in case)
Re-started the app a few minutes before.
Used the time.gov clock and clicked join EXACTLY at 7:00:00 and 2:00:00.
What am I doing wrong? I have one more day tomorrow (Sunday) and that's it for a year :(

[
I was on fast in-home wifi for the first try and in the park on Verizon for the second (obvi)
For the 7am try, DH and I tried (both signed into my MDE) account at the same time. 2pm, I tried just me as a CM said multiple people trying from the same account can cancel each other out?
First were you using a clock app synced to the Atomic clock?

At home it should be easier than at the park. But if I had to chose I would suggest one person has the Atomic clock showing the seconds on their phone and the other person on the app.

Second it is not the download speed or the upload speed. Very little data is sent or received. It is all about the clock time and the latency of your connection between ou and the Disney Cloud servers. Very often cellular has less latency than even "super fast" Wi-Fi.

Sorry but the CM is wrong in this case. Both of you can be trying at best one gets a BG for both of you and the other person simply gets the error message.

Dave

Help!
Friends, tell me what I am doing wrong.
In Feb 2020 in a park packed with thousands of people outside SWGE, I got a boarding group for 12 people.
Two days ago, I tried at 7am and 2pm and no dice! I was crushed.
Troubleshoot me...
App is up to date
Location services, cell data, and Bluetooth switched off (just in case)
Re-started the app a few minutes before.
Used the time.gov clock and clicked join EXACTLY at 7:00:00 and 2:00:00.
What am I doing wrong? I have one more day tomorrow (Sunday) and that's it for a year :(
In addition to what Dave said, don’t force close the app and wait for 7. That was a pre-shutdown method that worked really well. Now, it’s best to click the join button and back a couple times before 7. When 7 rolls around and you click join, the second page seems to load faster when you already clicked in before. Good luck!

In addition to what Dave said, don’t force close the app and wait for 7. That was a pre-shutdown method that worked really well. Now, it’s best to click the join button and back a couple times before 7. When 7 rolls around and you click join, the second page seems to load faster when you already clicked in before. Good luck!

Also lining up the first join with where the second will be helps. Hit the first join right at 7 or 2 as fast as you can and keep hitting that spot. Normally the second page will load immediately and you'll get to the last screen in less than a second.

Sorry but the CM is wrong in this case. Both of you can be trying at best one gets a BG for both of you and the other person simply gets the error message.

Dave
Just to clarify this one a bit since I was planning to have the tweens in our group signed into their parents accounts to try to help get the BP's. Having multiple sign-ins on the same MDE account won't be an issue as far as we know? Thanks!

Last edited:
Also lining up the first join with where the second will be helps. Hit the first join right at 7 or 2 as fast as you can and keep hitting that spot. Normally the second page will load immediately and you'll get to the last screen in less than a second.
WE DID IT! Thanks you guys!
DH and I both tried from the same account and I got BG3 successfully by starting a few seconds before 7 and clicking back and forth. I think the BGs loaded one second before 7am -- it might have been that technique that made the difference.

Just to clarify this one a bit since I was planning to have the tweens in our group signed into their parents accounts to try to help get the BP's. Having multiple sign-ins on the same MDE account won't be an issue as far as we know? Thanks!
Correct. People do it all the time and score BGs. CMs just use it as an excuse as to why you failed.

WE DID IT! Thanks you guys!
DH and I both tried from the same account and I got BG3 successfully by starting a few seconds before 7 and clicking back and forth. I think the BGs loaded one second before 7am -- it might have been that technique that made the difference.
Woohoo, congrats! Hope you have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter