READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you consider to be a decent data speed?

I live in Louisiana and my speeds on Verizon are usually at least 60mbps. It's not uncommon for me to see over 100mbps. When I got the BG this morning my speeds from home on Verizon were around 150mbps. My wifi was faster so that's what I used. I think decent speeds would be anything between 20-40mbps. It's certainly possible to get a BG with speeds less than that. Also I have a 5g phone and even though I don't have full 5g in my area I have seen a dramatic increase in my data speeds.

Two different days without success despite jumping on join as soon as the clock turned to7 and 2. Is it possible with so many ‘practicing’ to join that it has a negative effect on the ability of folks at WDW to gain a boarding group?

Two different days without success despite jumping on join as soon as the clock turned to7 and 2. Is it possible with so many ‘practicing’ to join that it has a negative effect on the ability of folks at WDW to gain a boarding group?

There have been a few glitches where people who didn't have a park pass have gotten a BG. These are in the extreme minority. People practicing don't get a BG and don't take them from people who have a park pass.

What type of phone do you have? I have both an iphone and an Android. I have a seconds clock app on the Android so I can watch when it gets close to the top of the hour. However, nearly every single time, that is off. If I click through when the iPhone switches right at 7 or 2, I can get in on at least one of the phones no problem, but if I use the Android time and try right when the time changes, I'm off and can't get a bg.

When getting a Rise BG, do they automatically add everyone on your my family and friends list that has a DHS Park reservation to your boarding group?

You have to give whomever is at home your mde account info. They log in and get it for you
I will add, you can get people BGs as long as they're on your friends and family.

Couple of week ago, I was trying to join some friends that had a HS res, but I couldn't get one. When it came BG time, I got them BG 1. I wasn't selected, but they were. Did it from my own account

For the folks wondering about timing, on thurs we got BG 55 and were called about 1 45.

Worked out great bc the night before i was so stressed i couldn't sleep, so it gave me a chance to sleep from 7 to 11 a.m. Now my schedule is all messed up, but eh, it's vacation. :-)

Day 3 of practice and got it, finally! Using WiFi as my cell signal wasn't very strong this morning. Did something yesterday that I was putting off for a good reason I won't go into, but upgraded to an iPhone SE. That's just an interim upgrade literally for getting ROTR Boarding Passes. :rotfl:

I managed to get boarding group 52 this morning, thanks to the tips in this thread. Now, what does this in terms of when I will ride? Barring any long breakdowns will the group number be called by the time the 2 pm booking window opens up?

edit - I should have read 2 posts prior to mine. Duh!

I managed to get boarding group 52 this morning, thanks to the tips in this thread. Now, what does this in terms of when I will ride? Barring any long breakdowns will the group number be called by the time the 2 pm booking window opens up?

edit - I should have read 2 posts prior to mine. Duh!
Glad you found your answer. Typically on a good day, they call about 15 groups per hour.

OMG I just remembered to practice going through the BG process from home today. I can't believe I missed the 7am BG window AGAIN! And I even had a reminder set on my phone. I guess at least I get to try the 2 pm BG window today. I'm a mess. 😂

UPDATE: I tried at 2pm and it brought me all the way to the "Does everyone have park tickets?" page -- assuming I would have gotten one. The trick of lining up the "Join" buttons worked perfectly. I just tapped like a mad man and it pushed me through to the final page before the second "join" button page loaded all the way.

Last edited:
Woweee, I got through on the 2PM drop as well (practice that is). I'm so grateful for the advice on this thread. I have so much more confidence in our ability to score ROTR boarding passes for the days we will be there.

:disrocks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter