READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to WDW in 44 days. Haven’t been in a few years so excited to see all the new things. We are staying at CBR, how fast do the boarding groups for ROTR fill up when it hits 7am, will it be hard to get in a boarding group? Also does the skyliner get you to HS from CBR in plenty of time if we got an early boarding group?
Merged you to the existing thread
BG go in about 5 seconds. BG are released at 7am and the park doesn't open until 9 or 10, so yes, the skyliner will take you in time for park opening if you get an early bg

After months of no BGs due to the app not playing well with my iPhone 6, we had someone with an iPhone 12 who was able to get us BG 12. After running to the park earlier than expected, especially since the started calling BGs before the park opened, we were very disappointed to find that half of the experience was not even working. They should at least warn people that it isn’t working, if not give the option to come back later when it might be working. How many people are having their first or only ride today and not getting the hype or not understanding the story?

After months of no BGs due to the app not playing well with my iPhone 6, we had someone with an iPhone 12 who was able to get us BG 12. After running to the park earlier than expected, especially since the started calling BGs before the park opened, we were very disappointed to find that half of the experience was not even working. They should at least warn people that it isn’t working, if not give the option to come back later when it might be working. How many people are having their first or only ride today and not getting the hype or not understanding the story?
you could've asked for a re ride at the end of the attraction.

I have only tried for RotR once in February and got a backup group (70 and we were never called). I tried “practicing” this morning with the seconds countdown but the Join button never turned colors. In the first post it reads “When the Virtual Queue is live, the ’Join Boarding Group‘ button in the app will be red“. Is this no longer true? Does either the Join button on the app main page or the Join Virtual Queue on the My Queues page turn colors when it’s live? Thanks!

First time with 7am boarding group, brought my Kindle along so when I was sitting in my Pop hotel room, put the kindle on to time.gov so I had a clock with seconds. Hit the join button on my iPhone as it hit 7:00:00. Got boarding group 6. So much easier than the mad dash to get inside by 10am. Definitely recommend using something with seconds on the time.

I have only tried for RotR once in February and got a backup group (70 and we were never called). I tried “practicing” this morning with the seconds countdown but the Join button never turned colors. In the first post it reads “When the Virtual Queue is live, the ’Join Boarding Group‘ button in the app will be red“. Is this no longer true? Does either the Join button on the app main page or the Join Virtual Queue on the My Queues page turn colors when it’s live? Thanks!
I never check for the button to turn colors, just hit join exactly at 7 or 2, don't stop to read anything just hit those join buttons as fast as they pop up

Hit the join button on my iPhone as it hit 7:00:00... Definitely recommend using something with seconds on the time.
I totally agree with you! Last week daughter and I carefully watched second hand on iPhone home screen clock (then counted down 5 seconds while toggling back to MDE). Daughter got us boarding groups for both HS days from Pop room while using data (I was on WiFi just in case). First day got us group 8, second day she chuckled and asked “wanna know what boarding group I got us?... 1!”

Is it obvious when riding for the first time that parts of it aren’t working if you’ve avoided spoilers?

Is it obvious when riding for the first time that parts of it aren’t working if you’ve avoided spoilers?
Definitely a question better explained in the spoiler thread, but if it's one of minor component, it's not noticeable

Is there always a 2PM boarding pass giveaway?

If I can't get to the park until 2-3PM should I even bother and just go to Epcot instead? We are flying in and willing to take a shot if it makes sense and would be good to get lucky on day 1.

Is there always a 2PM boarding pass giveaway?

If I can't get to the park until 2-3PM should I even bother and just go to Epcot instead? We are flying in and willing to take a shot if it makes sense and would be good to get lucky on day 1.
There are always some but the numbers may vary from day to day.

Boarding Groups will be filled within seconds at both 7am and 2pm so if you cannot be in the park by 2pm I world recommend Epcot. (Only saying this as you mention you may not arrive until 2-3pm. Arriving in the gate at 2:01pm is already too late.)

Tomorrow is our day! I have been reading this board for over a year in preparation for our March 2020 trip that never happened and now we are finally here. Staying at Swan. 4 of us will be trying for a boarding pass using methods I have researched on here. Two Samsung s20 Ultras and a a S9+ on Tmobile and a iPhone X on AT&T. After running speed tests the gotel WiFi is faster for the AT&T phone but the T-mobile cell data is lighting fast compared to hotel and AT&T. Here's to hoping for no technical difficulties tomorrow morning!

There are always some but the numbers may vary from day to day.

Boarding Groups will be filled within seconds at both 7am and 2pm so if you cannot be in the park by 2pm I world recommend Epcot. (Only saying this as you mention you may not arrive until 2-3pm. Arriving in the gate at 2:01pm is already too late.)

Dose the 2pm time require you be in the park? Or is it like the 7am time where you just need a park reservation?

Tomorrow is our day! I have been reading this board for over a year in preparation for our March 2020 trip that never happened and now we are finally here. Staying at Swan. 4 of us will be trying for a boarding pass using methods I have researched on here. Two Samsung s20 Ultras and a a S9+ on Tmobile and a iPhone X on AT&T. After running speed tests the gotel WiFi is faster for the AT&T phone but the T-mobile cell data is lighting fast compared to hotel and AT&T. Here's to hoping for no technical difficulties tomorrow morning!
Fingers crossed for you!:D Watch the second hand then keep smashing the Join button. This thread helped me out soooo much last week!

If HS opens at 10am. What time do you need to get there to get on the star wars ride and the virtual queue.

You’ll need to log into the app precisely at 7am from anywhere or at 2pm from in the park to get a boarding group. The other Star Wars rides you just wait in line for right now.

Me too!!! Good luck 🍀

We are staying at Orange Lake Resort off property. We have park passes for DHS for 12/20 and 12/21. Has anyone had any luck (or problems) getting a BG for ROTR at 0700 hours from off-site resorts? Anyone specifically attempt from Orange Lake Resort? It appears, from previous posts, that this shouldn’t be an issue as some DISboard members have mentioned getting BGs for friends at home, right?

We are a family of (4). I have read so many contradictions regarding if (1) member or additional members should attempt to secure BGs. What is the opinion of most? I’ve seen where WDW has suggested against doing this... but read the opposite too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter