READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!
We will be at Hollywood Studios tomorrow. I practiced this morning and when I got to second screen, it had my name at top and then everyone on my account below that. It looked like I needed to select the other names. Is that so, or if I just keep hitting join will everyone who had a park reservation automatically be added??
I have some family on my MDE who didn’t make the trip this time so I’m not sure how that will work?

Hello!
We will be at Hollywood Studios tomorrow. I practiced this morning and when I got to second screen, it had my name at top and then everyone on my account below that. It looked like I needed to select the other names. Is that so, or if I just keep hitting join will everyone who had a park reservation automatically be added??
I have some family on my MDE who didn’t make the trip this time so I’m not sure how that will work?

Everyone with a park reservation will be auto checked.

Thanks you all for your words of wisdom. We are headed to HS today and I got BG 12 this am- from Bay Lake on iphone 10 on cellular. I started from the virtual queue screen - for me the ATAT was typically to slow to load. Thank you again. Can't wait to ride ROTR - it will be our first time! Now to get the DD up so we can make our BG :)

We were at WDW last week and I admit, I was pretty psyched and freaked out by the virtual queue. I had practiced for weeks and then DW changed it to the 7am start. We were there several days after the switch and I kept my eyes on all the reports like a hawk.

Our first day was to be DHS so I was up early and ready to go way before 7am. The rest of the family got up closer to the time, but I wasn't deterred. Counting down the seconds at AoA, when the magic 00 hit, I was on it like my life depended on it. The rest of the family started groaning that it didn't work. As I looked at my screen -- and I had group #2. What a way to start the vacation! You ever try to cheer load early in the morning and not try to wake others up??

Fast forward, it's our last day before we fly home and I had reserved DHS. My wife and I almost changed it but we thought we weren't far away staying at BCV. Anyway, I tried my luck again at 7am.
I didn't have to be as psyched up as the first time but I was ready. I hit it and got group 17. I think my app hung up just a little bit but I was 2 for 2.

As for RotR, I thought it was pretty cool. Was it the OMG best ride ever? Probably not, but it was pretty awesome. Did the hype and the tension tarnish my thoughts? Probably a little. Overall, I gave it an 8 out of 10. My wife thought it was a major letdown even though we rode it twice on our trip. At the end of the day should it destroy your trip to DW? No, but i'm sure lots of families that didn't get to practice or be as informed as us may have really been upset.
Which page did you stay on waiting to click Join? The home page with the At-At or the My queue page? Did you refresh over and over before 7:00:00 or just wait to hit Join? Thanks!

Boarding Groups 5! :yay::flower1::yay:

Riviera
WiFi
DD 14’s iphone 11
My DS16 (Iphone X) and I (iphone 12) were on data.

Husband did the seconds countdown on the iPad since he forgot his cell phone at home:oops:

And we are FIRST in line at DHS too!!

Thank you everyone! Especially @yulilin3 for the awesomeness that is this thread of guidance!

Uber picked us up at 730 and when I said drop us off at Speedway he laughed and asked if we needed gas! I said now we’re going to Hollywood studios and heard this is a shortcut and he said let me do a U-turn and drop you off in the corner it’s faster. So she dropped us off on the corner so we just could walk the sidewalk down to the bridge and walk underneath! It was perfect and shorter! Of course we could have grabbed a coffee or something but we had breakfast the kitchen of our room so we didn’t need it!

After MMRR, what should we ride next?? SDD? Was hoping to do MMRR, SDD, TSM then MFSR, can we do all that before BG 5?

We rode MFSR at Disneyland, so could pass on it.

38A754DA-3581-40DE-B293-0A2C8377BA4D.jpeg

Just back, I've posted prior but we had 3 of the 9 days for the AP holders in the group at DHS scheduled.
Got BGs 46 from CCV week ago friday (cell service), and BG 1 & 21 from BCV this past week via WiFi.
In-Room wifi stunk at at CCV, but worked great at BCV. DIsney Resort Guest WiFi worked great - if I could grab a signal.

My best advice is to have pre-loaded the App, as everyone has suggested, been in to the V-Queue join screen and back at least once prior to official time, and perhaps (?!)
confirmed either your Plans or Tickets - to ensure your App has registered your Account info. I had at least one occurrence of MDE not seeing my Park reservations , or tickets,
and a close/open of the app fixed.

Join VQ, Join on the ATAT page, "pre-join" button at the bottom of the MyParty screen since it seems to allow you to pre-click a grey'd out Join button.

Good Luck -

Reactions: DLo
Boarding Groups 5! :yay::flower1::yay:

Riviera
WiFi
DD 14’s iphone 11
My DS16 (Iphone X) and I (iphone 12) were on data.

Husband did the seconds countdown on the iPad since he forgot his cell phone at home:oops:

And we are FIRST in line at DHS too!!

Thank you everyone! Especially @yulilin3 for the awesomeness that is this thread of guidance!

Uber picked us up at 730 and when I said drop us off at Speedway he laughed and asked if we needed gas! I said now we’re going to Hollywood studios and heard this is a shortcut and he said let me do a U-turn and drop you off in the corner it’s faster. So she dropped us off on the corner so we just could walk the sidewalk down to the bridge and walk underneath! It was perfect and shorter! Of course we could have grabbed a coffee or something but we had breakfast the kitchen of our room so we didn’t need it!

After MMRR, what should we ride next?? SDD? Was hoping to do MMRR, SDD, TSM then MFSR, can we do all that before BG 5?

We rode MFSR at Disneyland, so could pass on it.

View attachment 539508
Yay!!
I would play it by ear after mmrr, check wait times, your bg will be called as soon as the attraction items
MTFBWY

We boarded at 1055 for BG 5 - no issues and was an awesome immersive experience for us! First ride on it.

After being first to the park we got to MMRR in time to ride the second train - ADORABLE!! We LOVE these cartoons so it was awesome for us! We were let in the park at 9:15. And off this one by 935.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter