• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got boarding group 16 this morning from my house in Louisville, KY. That was way earlier than I expected to get. With my flight today and travel from the airport I won't arrive until waaaay after group 16 is called. Anyone have similar experiences? I am wondering if there is the tiniest bit of hope they still let me ride or if it is best to cancel and try again at 2pm, closer to when I will actually arrive.
what time are you arriving at MCO?

This is what I would do in your case
I would hold on until 10 to 2, check BG numbers if they are in the 60s that means the attraction has been operating fairly well and they should go into the 100s by close time, so I would cancel and book again at 2pm. If it's a low number I would hold on to the bg you have and explain your situation.

Just a reminder
This is what I would do in your case
I would hold on until 10 to 2, check BG numbers if they are in the 60s that means the attraction has been operating fairly well and they should go into the 100s by close time, so I would cancel and book again at 2pm. If it's a low number I would hold on to the bg you have and explain your situation.
@yulilin3, doesn't he need to be checked into DHS in order to try at 2pm? I believe his flight lands at 1:35 so there is no way he can be in the park by 2pm.

I'm guessing you won't be able to ride @zpbarn01 but personally I would keep the BG you have and ask at the ride when you get into the park. I'm almost positive the answer will be that you cannot ride but it's at least worth a try. From what I understand you are only eligible to try for a BG at 2pm if you have checked into the park which you won't have so I would recommend keeping your original BG and at least asking.

@yulilin3, do you agree or am I incorrect about the 2pm BGs being only for those who have checked into the park?

Just a reminder

@yulilin3, doesn't he need to be checked into DHS in order to try at 2pm? I believe his flight lands at 1:35 so there is no way he can be in the park by 2pm.

I'm guessing you won't be able to ride @zpbarn01 but personally I would keep the BG you have and ask at the ride when you get into the park. I'm almost positive the answer will be that you cannot ride but it's at least worth a try. From what I understand you are only eligible to try for a BG at 2pm if you have checked into the park which you won't have so I would recommend keeping your original BG and at least asking.

@yulilin3, do you agree or am I incorrect about the 2pm BGs being only for those who have checked into the park?
darn you're right. Then definitely keep the bg

Another reminder that if you are approached by another member through pm, and they are offering services to get a bg for you, even if they are not charging, this is not allowed. Please make sure to report the post or pm me with the posters username.
Sharing your MDE should be done with someone you trust, a family or friend back home is fine, once you share your MDE they can read all your names, look at your photos, see details of your upcoming reservations, lets please keep it safe out there

Thank you everyone for the good advice! I see some people had been posting what device they used to secure a group. If anyone is curious I used an iPhone 12 Pro on 5G at 7am all the way from Louisville, KY!
Please keep us updated on results as to whether they allow you to ride or not when you arrive. Hope it all works out and you get to ride today!

Just want to be certain I'm understanding the procedure for getting a Rise of the Resistance boarding group correctly for our Dec trip.
1. You must have HS park admission for the day to grab a boarding group
2. You should enter through the main page on the app rather than going to "My Queues"
3. You should start hitting "join" a few min prior to 7AM
4. All friends & family will be listed & you choose individuals (or will it only display those who have HS park reservations)?
5. Don't have to be in the resort room at when trying to join (bad wifi)
Any additional tips or tricks? TIA😊

Just want to be certain I'm understanding the procedure for getting a Rise of the Resistance boarding group correctly for our Dec trip.
1. You must have HS park admission for the day to grab a boarding group
2. You should enter through the main page on the app rather than going to "My Queues"
3. You should start hitting "join" a few min prior to 7AM
4. All friends & family will be listed & you choose individuals (or will it only display those who have HS park reservations)?
5. Don't have to be in the resort room at when trying to join (bad wifi)
Any additional tips or tricks? TIA😊
Merged you to the existing thread
Read post one and then thre last couple of pages for recent reports

Another reminder that if you are approached by another member through pm, and they are offering services to get a bg for you, even if they are not charging, this is not allowed. Please make sure to report the post or pm me with the posters username.
Sharing your MDE should be done with someone you trust, a family or friend back home is fine, once you share your MDE they can read all your names, look at your photos, see details of your upcoming reservations, lets please keep it safe out there
I promise that wasn't me , I was only joking about it lol

Today was our second (and final) Hollywood studios day. Stepped out of our pop room at 6:58 (still not getting good signal inside the room). Dh got group 15. Woot!
For interest: dh has a Google pixel 2xl I have a Google pixel 3a. We were on data both days. Day one I got the bg, day two, he did.

I scrolled back a few pages and didn’t see the answer, and didn’t know if the front page had been updated since the new 7am drop update.

We have a group of 7 going in December. Should only one of us try to get a boarding pass? I think I saw somewhere that with the new 7am distribution, it messes things up if multiple people in your party try to get one. Can anyone let me know which is the better method?

I scrolled back a few pages and didn’t see the answer, and didn’t know if the front page had been updated since the new 7am drop update.

We have a group of 7 going in December. Should only one of us try to get a boarding pass? I think I saw somewhere that with the new 7am distribution, it messes things up if multiple people in your party try to get one. Can anyone let me know which is the better method?
Everyone can try on the same mde amount, post 1 has been updated already

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter