• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got BG 34 at 7am, definitely spun on friends and family longer than felt comfortable. Will likely cancel our Friday park pass for DHS we already rode the railway and are in line for slinky now.

Got BG 4 yesterday and 30 today! It’s a lot busier today. We rode MMRR 3x yesterday, MFSR twice, slinky TSM and star tours. Today we are shopping and have a Savis, DD, and olgas. Thanks for all the tips here. My daughter was the one to get both BGs on our iPad from hotel WiFi. Our iPhone 7s must have been too slow.

does anyone have experience with helping someone who has a park reservation but you don't. DD & SIL travel next month staying on property but don't have the latest phones. I would like to try to help them from home but with the latest changes don't want to mess their chances if I try. They are all on my account (not linked friends and family) and that is what they will be logging into and using for the trip. They do have park passes reserved for the that day. I have an active gold pass but is not valid for the time they are there. If I try will it mess them up with me not have valid tickets and no park pass?

does anyone have experience with helping someone who has a park reservation but you don't. DD & SIL travel next month staying on property but don't have the latest phones. I would like to try to help them from home but with the latest changes don't want to mess their chances if I try. They are all on my account (not linked friends and family) and that is what they will be logging into and using for the trip. They do have park passes reserved for the that day. I have an active gold pass but is not valid for the time they are there. If I try will it mess them up with me not have valid tickets and no park pass?
I haven't tried with the new system but I've tried many times prior and been successful
It really shouldn't matter if you're not going or have park reservations, the people on your mde that have a valid park reservation should be the ones checked at the moment of getting a bg

Don't know about the ticket part, but I just did it for my friends on Saturday. I was at work (tried to get a park reservation to join but couldn't). But figured I'd help them anyway, when i went, I wasn't pre selected, but my friends who had a park res did. Got them BG1. They forgot I was helping them , and they started freaking out when they got locked out lol.

yulilin3 & osufeth24 - Thank you for your experiences! They are star wars fans so I would like them to experience ROTR and don't know when they will get back to try again.

Any advice for a large family group during Thanksgiving next week? There are 15 on my list as we are going together but not all 15 want to ride. I know taking the time to take the nonriders off will be bad, so should I pare down my friends list beforehand? Just want to maximize chances since only about 5 want to ride.

Any advice for a large family group during Thanksgiving next week? There are 15 on my list as we are going together but not all 15 want to ride. I know taking the time to take the nonriders off will be bad, so should I pare down my friends list beforehand? Just want to maximize chances since only about 5 want to ride.

I don't think you'll be able to remove anyone without calling Disney. My wife can't remove people from a 2019 trip because Disney says they have active admissions or plans. I would ask someone from the group who doesn't have anyone added to add those who want to ride. If they don't mind sharing their login information everyone else can login and try just in case someone's phones lags you'll have more chances. If they don't want to do that have multiple people add only those riding to their MDE and everyone who only has the people riding can try. If you try it'll add everyone if you're successful assuming everyone has a park pass.

I wouldn't worry about it. just get a boarding group for the entire group. there's not a convenient way to handle a group that size and still get a bg, especially since you have plans with all of them for the week.

Just checking in to say that I am staying at CBR in building 51 and my husband stayed on resort WiFi and I used data... and I snagged BG 14! I have an iPhone 7 plus and made sure to close everything else, turning off background refresh and stopping notifications just in case. His phone is the iPhone X.

I had both of us logged into MY Disney account.

I had gotten BGs successfully before in DL this past April but I was still really worried as none of my practice runs had ever worked since then.

Special thanks to @yulilin3 for all the advice!

No boarding group for me, 3rd time trying. Twice from Saratoga Springs Grandstand. Samsung S10, once on data once on resort wifi. Third time at 2pm in park on data. I started on AT AT main page and hit join. A screen came up i don't recall seeing when I practiced before, no screenshot because I didn't want to delay. It seemed to be instructions? then party, which was correct, then the message boarding groups full. All within maybe 8 seconds :(

Wish I knew what I was doing wrong. 1 more day to try. Fingers crossed!!

Congrats to everyone who got in :)

No boarding group for me, 3rd time trying. Twice from Saratoga Springs Grandstand. Samsung S10, once on data once on resort wifi. Third time at 2pm in park on data. I started on AT AT main page and hit join. A screen came up i don't recall seeing when I practiced before, no screenshot because I didn't want to delay. It seemed to be instructions? then party, which was correct, then the message boarding groups full. All within maybe 8 seconds :(

It's so nerve wracking.

I think after the AT-AT page when it takes you to that second screen, there is another "join" button but it is "lit up" and I hit that and then there was a screen with a long bar at the bottom and I hit that.

Honestly it's hard to remember because it all went so fast and as you say there is no chance to get a screen shot.

Anybody hear about BG dissepearing? A friend of mine got BG37 today. He got to the screen where it says youre in a Boarding Group. However a few minutes later when he checked Virtual Queues its says he hasnt joined any Virtual Queue yet.....

Anybody hear about BG dissepearing? A friend of mine got BG37 today. He got to the screen where it says youre in a Boarding Group. However a few minutes later when he checked Virtual Queues its says he hasnt joined any Virtual Queue yet.....
that's a first one for me hearing it. Maybe have him force close the app and open again and check

it's so weird, force close the app and tell us how long it takes to open the app again, it just might be the speed of the phone, what type of phone is it? the whole process takes less than 3 seconds to complete

make sure you have your phone synced to the international time clock. They go within milliseconds.

it's so weird, force close the app and tell us how long it takes to open the app again, it just might be the speed of the phone, what type of phone is it? the whole process takes less than 3 seconds to complete
Thank you for the quick reply. I have a Samsung S10 thru Verizon. I closed the App and reopened, it took about 6 seconds. I did however see an update that showed up since I checked on Tuesday. I wonder if that could be the problem with today's attempt?

I got boarding group 16 this morning from my house in Louisville, KY. That was way earlier than I expected to get. With my flight today and travel from the airport I won't arrive until waaaay after group 16 is called. Anyone have similar experiences? I am wondering if there is the tiniest bit of hope they still let me ride or if it is best to cancel and try again at 2pm, closer to when I will actually arrive.

Thank you for the quick reply. I have a Samsung S10 thru Verizon. I closed the App and reopened, it took about 6 seconds. I did however see an update that showed up since I checked on Tuesday. I wonder if that could be the problem with today's attempt?
it could've been the update, since the new system only rolled out a couple of weeks ago the message you saw might have been saying you needed to update the app

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter