READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t seem to have the AT AT page. I used to get it. Am I missing something?
The AT AT picture is just part of the App home page on both iPhone and Android, scroll down the page to locate the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance section and you're at the AT-AT "page"

Two quick questions… When I practiced this morning some members of my party were not selected... and I thought they’ve recently changed that to be automatically selected. Will they automatically be selected on my day of having the actual park reservation pass?

Also is it more effective to use the AT AT page from the home screen or choosing virtual queues from the profile page (or whatever it’s called)? Thanks!

Two quick questions… When I practiced this morning some members of my party were not selected... and I thought they’ve recently changed that to be automatically selected. Will they automatically be selected on my day of having the actual park reservation pass?

Also is it more effective to use the AT AT page from the home screen or choosing virtual queues from the profile page (or whatever it’s called)? Thanks!
Friends and Family is only selected if you have a Park Pass Reservation and Ticket for that day.

I like the AT AT page, but others like the other way. Usually best to practice both ways and see which works for you.

The AT-AT should be visible on the home page of your MDE app. I have an iPhone and am able to see it when I scroll down. You will need to scroll down about 8-10 different 'sections' but the AT-AT with Join button should be there.

Please let us know if you can see it @Erica Ladd.

Thanks! I found it :))). I haven’t practiced in a while since we had to cancel and it was too depressing to keep trying :(. I guess it’s been a while and it just looked different. Good luck everyone! I’ll get my chance one of these days! (Probably will plan a trip and they will change the process the week before lol!!)

We were at WDW last week and I admit, I was pretty psyched and freaked out by the virtual queue. I had practiced for weeks and then DW changed it to the 7am start. We were there several days after the switch and I kept my eyes on all the reports like a hawk.

Our first day was to be DHS so I was up early and ready to go way before 7am. The rest of the family got up closer to the time, but I wasn't deterred. Counting down the seconds at AoA, when the magic 00 hit, I was on it like my life depended on it. The rest of the family started groaning that it didn't work. As I looked at my screen -- and I had group #2. What a way to start the vacation! You ever try to cheer load early in the morning and not try to wake others up??

Fast forward, it's our last day before we fly home and I had reserved DHS. My wife and I almost changed it but we thought we weren't far away staying at BCV. Anyway, I tried my luck again at 7am.
I didn't have to be as psyched up as the first time but I was ready. I hit it and got group 17. I think my app hung up just a little bit but I was 2 for 2.

As for RotR, I thought it was pretty cool. Was it the OMG best ride ever? Probably not, but it was pretty awesome. Did the hype and the tension tarnish my thoughts? Probably a little. Overall, I gave it an 8 out of 10. My wife thought it was a major letdown even though we rode it twice on our trip. At the end of the day should it destroy your trip to DW? No, but i'm sure lots of families that didn't get to practice or be as informed as us may have really been upset.

Friends and Family is only selected if you have a Park Pass Reservation and Ticket for that day.

I like the AT AT page, but others like the other way. Usually best to practice both ways and see which works for you.
Ok thank you! 5 more practice days until the real deal. 😃

Go boarding group 44! Our one day in the park! Pumped.

Of course...we also have reservations at 12:30 for Savi’s and 1pm for Droid Depot.

How should we handle if our boarding group is called right around those times? Take the RotR and try to get the Savi/Droid slid by a CM, or vice versa?

DISASTER ON TRYING AT 7am. I was not on WiFi hubs was. He got confirming your friends and family circle
That is still going 6 minutes later. I had my iPad set on the atomic clock for time accuracy. Disappointed-yes. We have had 100% success while in HS in the mornings prior to this process. Wth could I have done wrong? Btw still circle on hubs phone.

Good for you. All we got was the spinning circle on the checking for friends and family page. We at at Polynesian.

Mine hung on the spinning circle for a few seconds and I thought I was sunk, then it finally went through.

The best advice I read here was to keep jabbing at the bottom of the screen where the join button will appear. I think I hit the button before it fully appeared onscreen because I don’t remember even seeing the last screen.

FWIW this is my fourth time ad Disney since Rise opened and my first BG (#60). This is nuts - at least we are all fully awake now.

Sorry to reiterate this, just looking for some advice before we head out:

Of course...we also have reservations at 12:30 for Savi’s and 1pm for Droid Depot.

How should we handle if our boarding group is called right around those times? Take the RotR and try to get the Savi/Droid slid by a CM, or vice versa?

Sorry to reiterate this, just looking for some advice before we head out:

Don't worry, just go to your reserved Savi and DD times and if the BG is called during those times, once you are done with those experiences head to RotR and explain to the CM and they will let you through, have a screenshot of your reservation times just for good measure but you shouldn't have any issues. Have fun and MTFBWY

Good to know, I tried this morning and didn't have my family selected but makes sense seeing our park reservations are not until next week. Thanks so much for the heads up I was getting nervous thinking I am never going to be able to choose everyone and get a boarding pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter