READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know .. I figured that route would be slower, but doesn't seem to be make a difference. I have used the "pull down to refresh" method in my tests and it is pretty quick.

The longest "wait" while doing this process is waiting to bring up the friends/family list. Does that list show up faster if your list is smaller? Mine is pretty long due to going on lots of group trips with friends and family the past 4-5 years (and sharing Memory Maker). (My list is about probably 20-30 people long (outside my immediate family). I don't necessarily want to remove those people since it is such a pain to add people in the MDE app, but I'd be happy to do that if it makes the BG process faster. (I mean .. realistically .. it will probably be a year or two before I (or my friends/family) even consider going on a big trip there again (due to the virus).
Can't answer, my group is 5 people

Good to know .. I figured that route would be slower, but doesn't seem to be make a difference. I have used the "pull down to refresh" method in my tests and it is pretty quick.

The longest "wait" while doing this process is waiting to bring up the friends/family list. Does that list show up faster if your list is smaller? Mine is pretty long due to going on lots of group trips with friends and family the past 4-5 years (and sharing Memory Maker). (My list is about probably 20-30 people long (outside my immediate family). I don't necessarily want to remove those people since it is such a pain to add people in the MDE app, but I'd be happy to do that if it makes the BG process faster. (I mean .. realistically .. it will probably be a year or two before I (or my friends/family) even consider going on a big trip there again (due to the virus).
We had a list of 15 people last January from a 2018 trip we had. Before our DHS day, I disconnected from everyone, except my son. But back then we had to select those in the park manually. We were successful the two days we went to DHS.

I would imagine it does go faster with a shorter list, but with names being preselected unlike in January, it might not matter as much now as it did before Disney's recent change with preselecting those in the park. If you are seeing a lag now though, honestly, if Rise is a must-do for you, if it were me, I'd disconnect and reconnect later if you travel together again. Why take chances?

That being said, I had 6 people in my list when we went last weekend to DHS. Only 2 of us in the park. It loaded quickly with DD and I already preselected and I easily got a BG - practicing and knowing what to do can make all the difference.

I don't do pull down because I never can do that right with MDE or any other app (might be my phone?). I joined from the home page of MDE. Although, I have been successful when practicing by going to the three bars and selecting "virtual queues" too.

I figured that route would be slower, but doesn't seem to be make a difference. I have used the "pull down to refresh" method in my tests and it is pretty quick.
You don't need to do the "Pull down to refresh aka Checking groups..." step on the My Queues screen. Just wait for the time and hit the "Join Virtual Queue" Button.

The "Checking groups" refresh option is just to refresh the screen to update to the latest Now Boarding Groups: xx to xx.

Dave

We were there last week. I have 27 people on my friends and family list. 25 of us were there. I was able to get BG 12 on 11/5, all 25 of us were checked since we all had valid tickets and park pass. The page loaded instantly for me, even with all the friends/family.

Question about boarding group members. Got 47 this morning for my family of 5. Before I came down, I culled my Friends list but left my eldest son who is not traveling with us. Since he had an unused ticket, I added him to our park reservation to avoid having to deselect him during the process. Now our boarding group is 6 people instead of the 5 that are actually here. Do I need to remove him?

We're local about 30 minutes from park. Thrilled to snag a group 74 logging in at 7:00 🙂. We have a dog with limited bladder capacity so we don't want to arrive too early if our group won't be called till afternoon, but don't want to wait till 9 for mdx to update and find out we have to be there by 10. Any guesstimates on how early 74 might be called? Thanks! And I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place.

Question about boarding group members. Got 47 this morning for my family of 5. Before I came down, I culled my Friends list but left my eldest son who is not traveling with us. Since he had an unused ticket, I added him to our park reservation to avoid having to deselect him during the process. Now our boarding group is 6 people instead of the 5 that are actually here. Do I need to remove him?
i would be tempted to leave it as is so that you don’t risk losing what you have. Since your party is already 5 people you will take up a vehicle for just your group.

The question I have though is have you inadvertently ‘used’ his 1 day ticket as he was added to your group and you obtained a boarding group for him? Will Disney consider his ticket to be used and remove it even though he does not enter the park as he is not with you?

Last edited:
We're local about 30 minutes from park. Thrilled to snag a group 74 logging in at 7:00 🙂. We have a dog with limited bladder capacity so we don't want to arrive too early if our group won't be called till afternoon, but don't want to wait till 9 for mdx to update and find out we have to be there by 10. Any guesstimates on how early 74 might be called? Thanks! And I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place.
They been calling about 15 bg per hour, you have an hour to get ro your bg, so you can monitor from home and when bg are at around 60 you can head over

After I posted this I remembered they dont assign groups in order, but they call them in order. So there's no way 74 would be called that early. So we'll have an estimate from mdx in plenty of time.Thx for the quick reply. Can't wait to (finally) ride it!!!

i would be tempted to leave it as is so that you don’t risk losing what you have. Since your party is already 5 people you will take up a vehicle for just your group.

The question I have though is have you inadvertently ‘used’ his 1 day ticket as he was added to your group and you obtained a boarding group for him? Will Disney consider his ticket to be used and remove it even though he does not enter the park as he is not with you?
No, being assigned a BG doesn’t equal using a ticket to enter a park.

Turns out I get terrible cell service in CBR- the wifi seems to be pretty fast. For ROTR, would I be okay staying on the wifi to do it? I notice everyone says not to do that but my service is not so hot...

Turns out I get terrible cell service in CBR- the wifi seems to be pretty fast. For ROTR, would I be okay staying on the wifi to do it? I notice everyone says not to do that but my service is not so hot...
I personally would stay on the resort wifi, given that it's faster. I think the resort wifi is a slightly different band from the park wifi, so when you try for your BG you'll only be competing with the other CBR guests who are trying for BGs at the same time. When you're in the park, many more people are competing for the same bandwidth on the park wifi, so I'd use cell data there.

Didn’t someone post an app that helps us see how fast our connection is? We leave tomorrow so I’d like to be able to check when we get there.

I've read a lot of tips here, but would love some specific advice from you pros. I'm traveling with family, and we're a party of six. I arrive earlier than the others so I have a day in HS solo. RoR passes are a huge priority.

1. On the HS day with the full family, should I make sure "select all" is lit up before hitting next? People say to just move to the next screen as quickly as possible, but It seems like I would want the names (or select all) to light up first.

2. Similar, but nuanced... On my solo day to HS, do I again just hit next through the screens and not worry about my family members who will be traveling at the time? I'm worried that the system will ask where the other five people's passes are. Or, is the system smart enough to know I'm the only one with a ticket/pass that day?

That's for your help. Trying not to overthink it, but you sort of have to. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter