• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that we have to worry about a slow/phone or connection and pushing buttons within FIVE seconds to POSSIBLY get on a ride (at a park we are paying hundreds of dollars to get in) .. is just crazy.

I can't believe I am saying this .. but just give me the paper fast pass "dash" over this. LOL!

Sure . .this way prevents crowd control issues .. but there has to be a better way to get guests who want ON the ride .. on the ride. Right?

So (currently) .. how many people get on the ride, compared to the number of people allowed in the park on a daily basis? Are 50% of the guests getting on the ride? 25%? For it to go in 5 seconds, seems like a very small number of people.

I am sure this has been suggested before .. but I'd feel it would be more fair and less stressful .. to just make it a lottery. Sign up the night before with "I want to ride Rise" .. and at 7:00 AM you'll be entered in the lottery and assigned a BG (or not). Simple, fair, and equitable. No reliance on waking up or hoping you have a fast connection or fast fingers.
I think it’s more fair to have some semblance of control over your fate by being in control of the process in the morning. It’s no different than the 10am dash, but at least this way you can know ahead of time if you’re going to get on and can rearrange plans if its that important to you.

I a little confused because one vlogger said that the boarding gates are dropped at 10 and then more at 2pm. Then Tim Tracker said in one of his videos that they are allowing anyone with HS reservations to try for boarding gates from anywhere on their phone at 7a.m., meaning they do not have to be checked into the park. I looked on the WDW website page about the ride and see no info about it, perhaps I overlooked it. Does anyone the current state of how they are doing boarding gates? Going Thanksgiving. Thank you.

First drop is now at 7 AM as PP mentioned. And you do not have to be in the park to try at that time (obviously, since the park isn't open). Anyone with a valid ticket and park pass reservation for HS on the day is eligible. There is still another drop at 2 PM, and for that one guests must have tapped into the park that day to be eligible.

The fact that we have to worry about a slow/phone or connection and pushing buttons within FIVE seconds to POSSIBLY get on a ride (at a park we are paying hundreds of dollars to get in) .. is just crazy.

I can't believe I am saying this .. but just give me the paper fast pass "dash" over this. LOL!

Sure . .this way prevents crowd control issues .. but there has to be a better way to get guests who want ON the ride .. on the ride. Right?

So (currently) .. how many people get on the ride, compared to the number of people allowed in the park on a daily basis? Are 50% of the guests getting on the ride? 25%? For it to go in 5 seconds, seems like a very small number of people.

I am sure this has been suggested before .. but I'd feel it would be more fair and less stressful .. to just make it a lottery. Sign up the night before with "I want to ride Rise" .. and at 7:00 AM you'll be entered in the lottery and assigned a BG (or not). Simple, fair, and equitable. No reliance on waking up or hoping you have a fast connection or fast fingers.
This is the (only) way, lol

I think it’s more fair to have some semblance of control over your fate by being in control of the process in the morning. It’s no different than the 10am dash, but at least this way you can know ahead of time if you’re going to get on and can rearrange plans if its that important to you.
Don't disagree .. but since the groups are full within SECONDS .. that is less control over your own fate and almost as much "luck of the draw" as a lottery anyway.

I guess I envision a system where you just put your hat into the ring the night before. Go into MDE when you make your DHS park reservation you can click "join boarding group" .. then at 7:00 AM on that morning .. all those instances go into the hat and X thousand names get pulled and put into boarding groups. You wake up at a leisurely 7:30 AM .. see if you got in a BG (and which one) and plan your day accordingly. I don't see a real downside to that sort of system over this "click on a button" at 7:00:00.01 system. Everyone who wants to ride Rise has an equal chance .. no matter when you wake up or what type of phone you have.

This would result in the same thing -- if you get "unlucky" and don't get in a BG you either try again at 2:00 PM or try again later.

I mean the main problem is really just a supply/demand problem -- similar to how Toy Story Mania was way too packed and too long (and the paper fast pass tickets were gone for the day early in the morning) .. so they increased supply (adding a 3rd track).

I tried a 2:00 PM "test" and it seems like I got in (just myself) .. I got the "Not So Fast" (is everyone in the park) error. Selecting the party really can slow you down.

So there isn’t a way to set your party before 7:00?
I tried practicing this morning just for myself (in order to not waste time picking party). And it seems like it was full in seconds. I got the message the boarding groups were full. I quickly click join again and it told me I disnt have park reservation. So would I hav gotten in either of those times?

I was concerned about this issue as well. Every time I practice only my name is selected which in turns slows the process down as I need to select 2 others for my party. After the responses in this thread, it appears on the day we go all in my party will be selected so I’m counting on that in Dec.

I have read these tips and tricks so many times and thought I was ready.
When I went to practice today at 2 pm, I completely ignored them and went ahead and selected all my party members! :laughing:
It's like my brain just couldn't put the knowledge into practice! :rotfl2:
This is why we practice!

I was concerned about this issue as well. Every time I practice only my name is selected which in turns slows the process down as I need to select 2 others for my party. After the responses in this thread, it appears on the day we go all in my party will be selected so I’m counting on that in Dec.
Most people when practicing have skipped the portion of selecting names and just clicking join so that it's more similar to the real run. Seems like the process has been working pretty well since the second day of the change where everyone with a park pass is preselected on their DHS day.

Most people when practicing have skipped the portion of selecting names and just clicking join so that it's more similar to the real run. Seems like the process has been working pretty well since the second day of the change where everyone with a park pass is preselected on their DHS day.

Thanks. I will try that tomorrow. And I thought making FP and ADR was crazy. This is beyond crazy!

I'd suggest checking your park reservation passes in advance of a real try -- I had an odd thing happened.

I had a Park Reservation set for a few days from now (to test this BG process) .. but after suggestions from here, I went to cancel it (in the browser on my PC).

When I went to look at that day in My Plans, my OWN reservation was gone, but my son's and daughter's was still there?!

So .. if I would have gone to do a BG on that day .. I wouldn't have been able to get a BG for myself, just my son and daughter.

Can park reservations just disappear? I am 100% sure I had made a reservation for all three of us (because my name is the owner of the MDE account (and that is always selected by default). I had just doublechecked it a few days ago.

(Those park reservations were cancelled btw .. don't worry :)).

So .. check your park reservations in advance of the day!

Do you have Annual Passes @tlmadden73?

If you don't, could it be that when you added the (now removed) 'practice' DHS day that it removed your actual reservation as you did not have an extra park day to spare?

Do you have Annual Passes @tlmadden73?

If you don't, could it be that when you added the (now removed) 'practice' DHS day that it removed your actual reservation as you did not have an extra park day to spare?
I don't .. myself, son and wife all have old (non-expiration) tickets .. which is what I used to make the reservation. My daughter does .. and so when I made my test reservation I could not include her (as the AP bucket was filled), so I didn't.

Who knows ... maybe a relative messed with my park reservation. My sister in-law is there (WDW) right now (I made the reservation during their stay) . and maybe they accidentally did something in her account since we are linked? *shrug*

Oddly none of my other park reservations (way in the future for actual booked trips) have changed. Just odd.

To bring it back on topic .. check your park reservations the day before (or sooner). While I am sure Guest Services would fix odd things like this, it would be a headache to resolve in the middle of a trip.

Last edited:
I’ve read and heard a lot about refreshing your app by pulling down on the screen when waiting to join a boarding group... but is that necessary? Or will your ability to join just automatically be there if you’re already on at the time it opens, just patiently waiting?

Has anyone tried not refreshing?

I’ve read and heard a lot about refreshing your app by pulling down on the screen when waiting to join a boarding group... but is that necessary? Or will your ability to join just automatically be there if you’re already on at the time it opens, just patiently waiting?

Merged and explained here multiple times, i never refresh, i hit join on the main page of the app at 7am or 2pm and then two more times quickly, never had an issue
Some go the refresh route some do what i do

Merged and explained here multiple times, i never refresh, i hit join on the main page of the app at 7am or 2pm and then two more times quickly, never had an issue
Some go the refresh route some do what i do
Good to know .. I figured that route would be slower, but doesn't seem to be make a difference. I have used the "pull down to refresh" method in my tests and it is pretty quick.

The longest "wait" while doing this process is waiting to bring up the friends/family list. Does that list show up faster if your list is smaller? Mine is pretty long due to going on lots of group trips with friends and family the past 4-5 years (and sharing Memory Maker). (My list is about probably 20-30 people long (outside my immediate family). I don't necessarily want to remove those people since it is such a pain to add people in the MDE app, but I'd be happy to do that if it makes the BG process faster. (I mean .. realistically .. it will probably be a year or two before I (or my friends/family) even consider going on a big trip there again (due to the virus).

I stay back a screen, because I found for me that refreshing can sometimes "hang" an extra second or two, which is precious time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter