• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm BG 17, and I'm in line for Tower of Terror right now, at 10 minutes to park opening. Do I probably have time, or should I dip out of line and make for Galaxy's Edge now?
According to MDE they haven't called your BG yet so you should be just fine to stay in line for ToT as you will have a 1 hour return window once they call you BG. Enjoy your day at DHS!!

I already beelined to Galaxy's Edge, because the app said 15 minutes.

Ah, well. My ride desire list today isn't too long, so I'll probably get to do everything except maybe Rockin Rollercoaster if it rains.

I already beelined to Galaxy's Edge, because the app said 15 minutes.

Ah, well. My ride desire list today isn't too long, so I'll probably get to do everything except maybe Rockin Rollercoaster if it rains.
I've been able to knock out all the attractions in about 5 hours on weekdays, so you should be able to do everything you want and then some. Enjoy your day!

[QUOTE="xApril, post: 62453004, member: 100478"
I do wish the walk up list was set up for “Disney property” radius. I was able to join Sanaa weeks back from MK. It was a 45 minute wait and we had more than enough time to drive there and still wait 30 minutes. There have been a few days where we leave the park and want to eat but no reservations and the whole idea of driving around to get nearby to join a walk up list is annoying. When it gets to that busy time, there is no guarantee that others won’t beat us there to join before we waste the gas. We just barely made it to join Olivias the other day as right after we joined, the list was then full the rest of the night. We still had to wait a good half hour after driving close enough to join. The annoying part is too that Disney security won’t let you park unless you can prove you have something. If it’s 45-60 we should be able to join if we’re on Disney property. Start using that $10 penalty if anything.
[/QUOTE]

Do you know how nearby you have to be? At Hollywood Studios for Beaches and Cream? Or is it a secret rule like so many things at Disney.

I got my boarding group from my hotel room in Coronado Springs. So the radius is at least that far out.

I've been able to knock out all the attractions in about 5 hours on weekdays, so you should be able to do everything you want and then some. Enjoy your day!
I've ridden Rise of the Resistance and Star Tours so far. I'm in line for Tower of Terror. I want Rockin, but I expect rain to close it before I have a chance. Lastly, I want Runaway Railway.

My BG (25) was called at 11:03, but when I got there it was down. I rode TSMM and then had lunch. Rise was back up so I got in line at 12:30. I was off at 1:00.

I’m not a SW fan, but am an imagineering/theme park fan. I thought the whole thing was amazing and I wanted to ride again immediately! I loved it and am tempted to plan a trip for next summer just to show my DD.

Conversation seems to have gotten sidetracked on Dining reservations and people are now confusing the nearby dining with nearby boarding groups.

As the boarding group process has been updated and people are having questions on that, please can we refrain from talking about procedures for anything but RotR?

At this time “nearby” is meaningless as far as obtaining boarding groups goes. You can be anywhere as long as you have valid admission and park pass for the day.

I tried to figure this out with the thread and all of the feedback people have given but with this new system of 7am BG release as long as you have park pass etc I can't pin this down:

Do i need to clear out my whole friends list on MDE even though park pass is only tied to 3 of us?

I tried to figure this out with the thread and all of the feedback people have given but with this new system of 7am BG release as long as you have park pass etc I can't pin this down:

Do i need to clear out my whole friends list on MDE even though park pass is only tied to 3 of us?
On your reservation day the system will pre select the members of your party that have a dhs reservation for the day, no need to clear your list

I completely forgot to screenshot the process yesterday, here's today
View attachment 537021

I opened the app at 6:55 and stayed there without touching anything. If you're phone goes to sleep either change the time frame for the sleep mode or move the page up and down so the phone doesn't goi to sleep
View attachment 537022

At 7am i hitbthe join button from the main page and got the selected people in my party, since i don't have a reservation for today it only selected me, but if anyone in my party had reservations thre would ne pre selected. You hit this second join button without waiting a second, so it's join on main page and join on second
View attachment 537025
Because i wasted seconds grabbing these screenshots i got this message
View attachment 537026
If i would've not stopped to screenshot it would say that my party wasn't in the park because i don't have a reservation . If you're practicing at home and get the "your party is not here" message that means that If you had reservations you would've gotten a bg
Do you have to sit on the first screen shot until 7AM, or can you click join and then sit on the second screen shot until 7AM?

Saturday, I booked the Swan for a late December stay. Tried a couple times every day since to link the reservation to MDE, and I get the 72 hour message every time (both with & without a 0 in front of confirmation #). Got to wondering, does it really matter, since I am beyond the 60 day ADR window opening at this moment and there aren't any other extra benefits right now?
Just to be clear, you sit on the first screen until 7AM (the screen with the ATAT's on it)? So, in theory, you're clicking JOIN 3 times?

My question as well do you: (1) sit on the first page (with the ATAs) and click join right at the time or (2) do you click join on the first page and then wait or refresh until join is on the second page.

I tried a practice run earlier and after the first page, I got a blue spiral on the second page, and I think my mistake was, not turning off my wifi???

Just to be clear, you sit on the first screen until 7AM (the screen with the ATAT's on it)? So, in theory, you're clicking JOIN 3 times?
Yes, still generally quicker than using the Refresh button on the second screen. Both options are 3 actions - Join, Join, Join, or Refresh, Join, Join. But Refresh is typically slower than simply tapping the Join button that's already there on the first screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter