READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so nervous this morning trying to get a BG for the first time. We were able to successfully get BG4. This is what we did. We are staying at Wilderness Lodge. I logged into my MDE account on 4 different phones ( family.) We counted down the seconds , and everyone hit join all at once from main page. My son was able to snag BG4 using hotel WiFi. We got to an extremely busy HS at 9:40 and they starting boarding at 9:45. We were going to try to ride another ride before we boarded but lines were way too long. I was hoping it would not be so busy in the park today but I was wrong. It was busier today than it was the last time I went ( pre Covid.) We got tired of waiting in long lines and left park around 6:00 pm. On the way out , ROTR line was extremely long ( line ended just past the cave/ underpass?). I was wondering if they were just letting people ride ? BTW - I want to THANK EVERYONE on here that gave tips.....they Really helped!

Thanks for all the info in this thread. I’ve successfully prepared three times for ROTR until those trips were canceled!

I know the ride goes down a bit and every day is unique, but is there a general consensus on how long the 7am BGs last into the day? Are they through majority of them by the time the 2pm passes are released. We have a half day at HS (10am-3pm) and I’m trying to gauge our odds of getting on before we have to leave for home.

I was so nervous this morning trying to get a BG for the first time. We were able to successfully get BG4. This is what we did. We are staying at Wilderness Lodge. I logged into my MDE account on 4 different phones ( family.) We counted down the seconds , and everyone hit join all at once from main page. My son was able to snag BG4 using hotel WiFi. We got to an extremely busy HS at 9:40 and they starting boarding at 9:45. We were going to try to ride another ride before we boarded but lines were way too long. I was hoping it would not be so busy in the park today but I was wrong. It was busier today than it was the last time I went ( pre Covid.) We got tired of waiting in long lines and left park around 6:00 pm. On the way out , ROTR line was extremely long ( line ended just past the cave/ underpass?). I was wondering if they were just letting people ride ? BTW - I want to THANK EVERYONE on here that gave tips.....they Really helped!
Your post confirms what we've all been saying since the beginning, that multiple people trying on the same amount has no negative consequence.
Glad you got a low number
As far as end of the night, about 2 hours before park closing they call almost all remaining bgs which is why the line gets crazy long

Last edited:

First, I want to thank everyone on this thread for posting helpful information! Our first HS day was yesterday and I was so nervous about getting a boarding group at 7am. I am the one who got it for 4 people out of our family group of 24. Thought I would post my experience yesterday in case it will help anyone else.

It was only me trying for a boarding group. I did it from BC Villas using data, location turned on. Logged on just before 7am, clicked "join" right when clock changed to 7am. Did not take the time to scroll down on the next page since I could see members of my group had the checkmarks. Got into BG 16!! Then realized it only showed 4 of us in that group. And I was not even one of them. I immediately went back and tried to join again, got a message that said I did not have a valid park reservation. My heart sank, but I held out hope that this could be fixed once we got to the park.

We walked over, got in line, gates opened sometime around 9:15 I think. Went straight over to MMRR and got in line, then I exited and went to the closest blue umbrella. There was already a pretty long line, but they had 3 GET members there to help guests. Met some lovely people in line who were having similar issues.

When it was my turn, I told the GET member what happened. She scanned my band, could see my entire party, and said she could see that we all entered HS and that we are all connected in MDE. She took down a bunch of info from me such as what type of phone, if I was on wifi or not, where I was located at the time, etc. She explained they are trying to give IT as much info as possible so they can look for patterns on things that need to be fixed.

Anyway, she asked me if someone could bring over the 20 magic bands for those that did not get on the boarding group. My son ran them all over to me while they held the rest of the group where you enter the building on the MMRR ride. She scanned them all into BG 16. I am not sure the exact time it was, somewhere around 10:15 at that point. They had already called BG 1-12 or something like that.

Went back and rejoined my family. CM was super awesome and let our group through the FP line. Got on ride quickly at that point, and by the time we exited, our BG was called.

RoR was AMAZING!! So worth the bit of hassle!

Our final HS day is Thursday, and I will try for a BG again at 7am. Kind of expecting the same thing to happen, but if it does I feel like they will get us taken care of.

Thanks for all the info in this thread. I’ve successfully prepared three times for ROTR until those trips were canceled!

I know the ride goes down a bit and every day is unique, but is there a general consensus on how long the 7am BGs last into the day? Are they through majority of them by the time the 2pm passes are released. We have a half day at HS (10am-3pm) and I’m trying to gauge our odds of getting on before we have to leave for home.
We had BG 49 yesterday and we're called back at 1:12. The line moved very quickly and we were off the ride in about 30 minutes. Interesting side note, a CM was going down the line and checking boarding group numbers for compliance. Those who got in line early were asked to return when their number was called.

I’m not going today but thought I’d practice since I’m going tomorrow. I hit join right at 7. My name was checked. My daughter’s wasn’t so I checked her name and hit join again. I got to the screen that said you do not have a park reservation so I’m assuming we would have gotten a BG. I went back to starting point to see how long the queue would remain open. 2nd time through, it said boarding group process was full. So all gone in a second or two. Also, I had my I-watch ticking on the second watchface so as it got close to 7, I kept pulling the screen down to refresh and join showed up right at 7. I did go in through main page.

Last edited:
I’m still confused on what the “main page” is for joining. We aren’t going until Friday, but I also tried practicing this am and right at 7:00 hit the Join button. I then had to check off the rest of my party (there’s 5 of us) since they weren’t checked. I got the virtual queue is full or whatever before I got to the “there is no park reservations....”. There is also the check status button which is near the Join button on the main page which takes you to My Queue where there’s also a “Join Virtual Queue” button. Where am I supposed to start? Help!!

I’m still confused on what the “main page” is for joining. We aren’t going until Friday, but I also tried practicing this am and right at 7:00 hit the Join button. I then had to check off the rest of my party (there’s 5 of us) since they weren’t checked. I got the virtual queue is full or whatever before I got to the “there is no park reservations....”. There is also the check status button which is near the Join button on the main page which takes you to My Queue where there’s also a “Join Virtual Queue” button. Where am I supposed to start? Help!!
Main page is the page you see when you open the app. You won't need to check your family because it'll be pre checked for you, so next time you practice just hit join on the main page and join again very quickly

I tried the moment it turned 7:00 and nothing. I’m so upset. We are on Disney property and nothing . This is really upsetting for those who have traveled a long distance and did everything right for nothing.
if you're still headed to DHS stop by a Guest Experience Team CM under the blue umbrellas and explain what happened, they are gathering data on guests who have had issues and then you can also try again at 2pm

Thank you so much Yulilun3!! Yes that’s where I hit Join when practicing today and it showed all of my family and friends list with none of them checked. I actually went into my profile and deleted many of them that I don’t need anymore. I’ll practice again tomorrow to see what happens. Maybe they weren’t checked since our park reservation is not until Friday?

Thank you so much Yulilun3!! Yes that’s where I hit Join when practicing today and it showed all of my family and friends list with none of them checked. I actually went into my profile and deleted many of them that I don’t need anymore. I’ll practice again tomorrow to see what happens. Maybe they weren’t checked since our park reservation is not until Friday?
they won't be pre checked when you practice because you don't have a park reservation today, remember you can also practice at 2pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter