• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who did and didn't (WITH a park reservation but said you didn't have one) get a BG, please report where you were trying from - on property or off?

Got group 1! My daughter is fast on the trigger. She didn’t have to add all of our names, they all popped up together.

We got BG1 as well... See you there!

I'd be interested to know who was successful from their hotel and if anyone still decided to go to HS to try. Did you try via hotel wifi or your phone data?

BG1 from Riviera. Hotel wifi because cell service hasn't been great here.

Please everyone that didn't get one today because it said you didn't have a park reservation (even though you did), report it to Disney. Let them know they need to fix this. I can only imagine the frustration!!

Would love to deal with this before we get to HS. Anyone know what number to call?

Interesting that someone had their party selected. I’m at my house and had to add mine. I also tried on my house wifi. My friends were trying too and were able to secure us a group. However, like others posted...we got the error as well and they weren’t able to add me because apparently I don’t have a reservation, which I do. We did manage BG13 though.
not sure how long you are planning on staying at DHS but Steph goes in at 2:45 working with Hondo today until land clear

On hold for a supervisor now. They are trying to say the error message meant it was full. I'm not standing for it. It was a glitch and they need to do something to rectify it. Im so upset for my parents that were really wanting to ride.

Was wondering if any locals tried to get a boarding group today from home and if they were close enough to be allowed to try? Is the new system intended for Resort guests?
I saw posts elsewhere that people in Deland, FL and Davenport, FL were successful in getting a boarding group. Honestly, I don't believe there is a location restriction on the 7 am release (just need valid park admission and a DHS park reservation).

On hold for a supervisor now. They are trying to say the error message meant it was full. I'm not standing for it. It was a glitch and they need to do something to rectify it. Im so upset for my parents that were really wanting to ride.

I just got off the phone with an agent to no avail. She said if I would have booked part of my group then they could try to get me added it to the BG. But other than that, we are S.O.L. 😢😡

I know you all are great with the CM but just a friendly reminder that the front of the line CM working AT the land have absolutely no control over this so please don't take it out on them, don't even ask if they are able to get you in because they can't and they feel horrible every minute they have to say no

Hi Yulinlin3 since you have the most experience what time should I get to HS for BG29? Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Yulinlin3 since you have the most experience what time should I get to HS for BG29? Thanks in advance
They usually board about 10 BG per hour if everything is working well, I would keep an eye on the app to see the progress of bg starting at 10am

Did you take a screen shot of this? If so take that to a CM and they may be able to help you.

To be honest, there are tons of things that Cast Members are lenient on and put making the guests happy over the rules, but getting your on RotR is not one of them. That's the one thing that they'll always dig their heels in the ground on. I have had conversations about this and there's only one way on that ride: with a valid boarding group from the app. Its doesn't matter whose fault it is. Only 10% of the people that go in a day can ride, and there are thousands of other people with sob stories. But its worth asking, I've heard that some people are able to at least leverage Fast Passes for Mickey and Minnie with legitimate sob stories over RotR app nightmares.

To be honest, there are tons of things that Cast Members are lenient on and put making the guests happy over the rules, but getting your on RotR is not one of them. That's the one thing that they'll always dig their heels in the ground on. I have had conversations about this and there's only one way on that ride: with a valid boarding group from the app. Its doesn't matter whose fault it is. Only 10% of the people that go in a day can ride, and there are thousands of other people with sob stories. But its worth asking, I've heard that some people are able to at least leverage Fast Passes for Mickey and Minnie with legitimate sob stories over RotR app nightmares.
Sorry, but i have seen enough posts/vlogs that when there is an error and a screenshot is taken to prove you were in the parks trying for a boarding group that people have been given a boarding group. I'm sure not every single person can be accomodated in this situation as they will probably only have a small handful of bg's to give out because of an error but it is certainly worth a shot. Now with being outside the parks it will be tougher to do this. I'd imagine you would need to rush to the park to sort it out or to call them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter