READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my first practice run success today!! Not that any of you guys are worried about my success, but this is the first out of about 5 tries thus far, lol.
Congrats, this gives me hope. I just tried my first practice run this morning and hit join about 1 second after 10:00 (according to the online clock I used) and they were all gone.

I don't know if there's a better place to ask this or not (and sorry it's a bit off topic) but since it seems to be discussed here a lot.... those that have gotten to DHS super early, I see you've been able to ride SDD and MMRR and be off by "official" park opening.... are they running any of the other big kid rides early? Like TOT or RNRR?

Here now. Uber from Poly to Swan, walked to park and arrived around 8:45. There were maybe 30ish people ahead of us (including two guys in a cussing/screaming match!), they let us in the temp check line around 8:55. Temp check and security opened right around 9:15. We got to MMR and it said 25 minutes and we didn’t want to chance it. When to SDD and they opened at 9:30. We were on the second train through. Wanted to do TSSM but wasn’t running yet so we just waited for 10:00. Boarding group 57!

I don't know if there's a better place to ask this or not (and sorry it's a bit off topic) but since it seems to be discussed here a lot.... those that have gotten to DHS super early, I see you've been able to ride SDD and MMRR and be off by "official" park opening.... are they running any of the other big kid rides early? Like TOT or RNRR?
Sometimes they are running. Just remember none of them are guaranteed to be running early. The decision is made daily by the operation team

Sometimes they are running. Just remember none of them are guaranteed to be running early. The decision is made daily by the operation team

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if it was always only a few select rides, or if there was a chance the others would run early. My "kids" are older (18) so of course we're not after the little kid rides that most of the others seem to be after.

Here now. Uber from Poly to Swan, walked to park and arrived around 8:45. There were maybe 30ish people ahead of us (including two guys in a cussing/screaming match!), they let us in the temp check line around 8:55. Temp check and security opened right around 9:15. We got to MMR and it said 25 minutes and we didn’t want to chance it. When to SDD and they opened at 9:30. We were on the second train through. Wanted to do TSSM but wasn’t running yet so we just waited for 10:00. Boarding group 57!
Did you walk through the Boardwalk or a different walking path? Did you have to go through the hotel at all? Sorry, I'm just not familiar with the area and this is our October plan.

In my practice runs at home, I am finding that I have more success when I do the “check status” just before the 10 or 2 mark and then click the “join virtual queue” right when the clock rolls over. Just curious if anyone else has had more success that way than just hitting the “join” button from the home page?

In my practice runs at home, I am finding that I have more success when I do the “check status” just before the 10 or 2 mark and then click the “join virtual queue” right when the clock rolls over. Just curious if anyone else has had more success that way than just hitting the “join” button from the home page?

Basically the same thing I do. I close out all other apps. Then using the Atomic Time app to watch until about 20 seconds before drop-time (and keep counting in my head so that I'm ready after I exit that app), then open the Disney app, use the menu on the bottom right and go to "Virtual Queues" then wait on the next screen to push "Join Virtual Queue" exactly as the clock changes to 10am. I have three successful runs in a row this way (today and the previous two days).

Can someone confirm that the walkway along Buena Vista Drive from the Speedway that people mention still exists? I only ask because when looking at it in Google Street View, the walkway isn't there as of February (according to the image capture date, anyway). If you pull into the gas station entrance or Epcot Resort Blvd on Street View, you can see where it used to be thanks to earlier image captures.

Has the walkway been redone since then?

Did you walk through the Boardwalk or a different walking path? Did you have to go through the hotel at all? Sorry, I'm just not familiar with the area and this is our October plan.
Thanks to @Robo, here's a map - go through the Swan, out the back door towards the boat dock, taking a right just outside the door (follow the blue line), cross the bridge toward the Boardwalk, take another right (onto the yellow line), then follow the path to DHS (the pink line).
1600810162208.png

Can someone confirm that the walkway along Buena Vista Drive from the Speedway that people mention still exists? I only ask because when looking at it in Google Street View, the walkway isn't there as of February (according to the image capture date, anyway). If you pull into the gas station entrance or Epcot Resort Blvd on Street View, you can see where it used to be thanks to earlier image captures.

Has the walkway been redone since then?
It's open, first picture start point is the speedway
Second picture is when you go under the overpass and towards dhs

Use street view and walk it up to the path down to go under the overpass (there's a retention pond to the right)
https://www.google.com/maps/@28.362...4!1s9TRmKGWI5GhPoLzBevwkoA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192
you take the pathway to your right, down and under the over pass, then you'll have ToT and Fantasmic theater on your right
https://www.google.com/maps/@28.362...4!1s3FwH2brv3_VGxcwWva-bKQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Attachments

• 20200922_180234.jpg
    20200922_180234.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200922_180201.jpg
    20200922_180201.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 36
We’re staying at POP and going to HS in the morning. What time should we get in line for the Skyliner to be some of the first on?

If we’re super close to the front of the line will we most likely get in to HS before 10am? I’ve never done Uber/Lyft so I don’t really want to make things more complicated by trying it for the first time at Disney. I’m not worried about being early to ride rides, just to try for a BG at 10am.

Thanks for the help! We’re spending our 20th Anniversary tomorrow at Galaxy’s Edge and we’re super excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter