READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to try at 2pm to see if I can get a boarding pass from my living room. If I do then I'll delete it ASAP so I'm not taking anyone's spot! but it will be nice practice. Also I'll be there in exactly six days and this is all making me very paranoid!!!
I just tried from home at 2pm, and I got to the "Is everyone in the park" screen, so it looks like the snafu of people getting boarding passes outside of the park has been fixed. I also noticed that it seemed a lot slower than previous practice sessions I've had - I was waiting several seconds while it was loading a couple of times. It wasn't until around 45 seconds after the hour that I got to the "Is everyone in the park" screen.

We have not yet ridden, and I usually forget during the day to practice. We have an Oct trip, and want more than anything to do RotR. I just tried from home, got the blue join button, right at 1:00, Central time, then it had me pick the people in my party. I thought they'd' gotten rid of that screen??? i chose the people, then it said all of the VQ was full or n/a. that was seconds after 1....I'm gonna try and stay hopeful about chances once we're in the park, but it's hard....VERY, VERY appreciative of all the tip, experiences, and advice on this board.

Don't worry today was a very complicated day. Try practicing again tomorrow or later but well before your trip. You will always be prompted to select your group since you are not in the "Park". Just take the default of "you" or "Select All" for practice sessions.

Dave

We’ve been two trips since Rise opened and have ridden 3-4 times. I understand now everyone in your party should be pre-selected which will really save me this time! First time being with a big group-14. Previously I had 7 people or less. Last time I had everyone log into my account and try But now as long as we’re all friends can we all use our own accounts? And it would book for everyone that came in the park? How often does that not work? I was there the last time people could book from home so our track record of weird things happening to us is pretty high 😬

Yes, everyone in the park can try getting a BG for the group- first one through will get the BG notification and everyone else will get a "already have a BG" error (they'll be able to check their BG status later too). Can't say how often it doesn't work that way, but CMs under the GET umbrellas can add anyone that wasn't included in the group due to a technical issue.

What was wrong with the skyliner?

That sounds disappointing and when I go. I want to do HS first and try for rotr to " get it out of the way"
I think I'm as prepared as I can be but so much is out of our control with transportation/ rotr and it's very regular breakdowns
They never said what was wrong just that we would have to use the buses. Those of us near the front were able to high-tail it, those off the bridge were left confused and got way behind the line bc it took a minute for them to figure out what was wrong. Then some of those still at the food court, etc of Everything POP got ahead of them as they were super close to the bus line. It stinks, but just part of the game and very aggravating for those really affected. We came out fine, but I wish there wasn’t such a fine line between success or failure.

I tried today from home. Sitting here when the clock struck 10 I clicked and it said all were full. Is it another day like yesterday? Or was I just unlucky?

I tried today from home. Sitting here when the clock struck 10 I clicked and it said all were full. Is it another day like yesterday? Or was I just unlucky?
Just unlucky.
Worked normal for me today & it was gone in less than 20 seconds

I forgot to set an alarm on my phone this morning for BG practice. Glanced down at the clock at 10:01 am. :headache:

ETA: Successful practice round at 2pm. Not taking time to select other family members (to simulate them being pre-selected when in the park).

Last edited:
Just unlucky.
Worked normal for me today & it was gone in less than 20 seconds
😭😭 so stinks. My sisters and I are going on a one time ever girls trip next week for one of our 50th birthday and none of us have done this one yet. Really really hoping to get it!

😭😭 so stinks. My sisters and I are going on a one time ever girls trip next week for one of our 50th birthday and none of us have done this one yet. Really really hoping to get it!
Keep trying! remember, when you're in the park, all of your friends and family that have scanned into the park will be checked off, so if you skip selecting people and just click the join buttons, that will be more like the in the park experience. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter