READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

We go (hopefully) May 13-16. Get there early and leave for the airport late. I’m doing my FP tomorrow and I’m having a hard time deciding if only one morning to try for a BG is enough...

we have PPO reservations for 2 days and even though we arrive in Orlando at 6:50am unless we uber and skip DME we’d never make it inside of HS before 9am - if hours stay the same. We will be at BWI so close by but am I taking a big chance to only have one shot at RotR???

*PPO breakfasts are at MK and EP because we only like a couple of rides there and can get on them with relative ease and save our FP for AK and HS. Maybe we should skip the garden grill reservation and try for 4+ FP at EP since we are so close ???

Thx for relocating my post!

short question- should I plan on having more than one morning to attempt a BG??? TIA!!

Monday was supposed to be our first day in the parks. Once the closures were announced, we considered still going to visit family and stick to resort-only trip. But this morning we made the call to cancel altogether.

We already had an October visit scheduled and may try to book something this summer if possible (although I'm not enthused by the heat if go then). It will be interesting to see if BGs are still in effect when we finally do get down there.

I just had the unhappy experience of seeing my DVC trip countdown (which was at 2 this morning) tick down to 211! :sad:

We go (hopefully) May 13-16. Get there early and leave for the airport late. I’m doing my FP tomorrow and I’m having a hard time deciding if only one morning to try for a BG is enough...

we have PPO reservations for 2 days and even though we arrive in Orlando at 6:50am unless we uber and skip DME we’d never make it inside of HS before 9am - if hours stay the same. We will be at BWI so close by but am I taking a big chance to only have one shot at RotR???

*PPO breakfasts are at MK and EP because we only like a couple of rides there and can get on them with relative ease and save our FP for AK and HS. Maybe we should skip the garden grill reservation and try for 4+ FP at EP since we are so close ???

Depends on your priorities. If you “need” to get on ROTR to make or break one of your family members trip because they love Star Wars, or just really want to ride it, I would not chance it to just one day. When I went for a short trip in Dec and Jan, riding it was important to my daughter so we planned everything else around trying to get BG’s and having back-up days. We ended up needing the back up day because we happened to be there on a particularly “down” day as far as capacity goes.

So is an uber ride to my resort worth the $$ for an extra chance to get a BG? I’m confident we could be at HS by 8:15am if we skip DME and maybe get a chance to RD smugglers run... it sounds like everyone really likes RotR - maybe $30 is worth it!!

Anyone there today?

So is an uber ride to my resort worth the $$ for an extra chance to get a BG? I’m confident we could be at HS by 8:15am if we skip DME and maybe get a chance to RD smugglers run... it sounds like everyone really likes RotR - maybe $30 is worth it!!

If you show up early enough to your bus stop- 2 hours before park open to be safe- you’d be fine. A lot of people have reported that there was one early bus and then not another for a long time, which left people getting into the park just before open if they were lucky.

But people have also reported trouble getting an uber or lyft to show up because so many people are trying to get a ride. Prescheduling reports have been mostly good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter