READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time in 2 months of practice that my button stayed grey after waiting patiently on the home screen until 3 seconds after 8. Had to force close. When tried again, got no admitting more guests error, force closed again and got through in backups... looks like backups were gone super quickly again. Hello Spring Break...

Same exact thing here!

Hi we went 3/5 and 3/6. 4 of us trying in park. 2 on WiFi 2 on ATT and 1 outside park at home in Texas. 3/5 we were directly in front of MMRR in line about to go thru chained queue. My son on DisneyWifi got boarding group 26. I didn't make it in (he said my name wasn't there) and so I quickly went and grabbed for me and got group 74. I imagine an entire 45 sec or minute had passed. We went to guest services and they put me on with my family. 3/6 we went at rope drop for SDD in TS land. 1 Disney WiFi, 1 ATT hotspot, 2 ATT. I got boarding group 36 using ATT. Also hot spot person NEVER turned red. Something to note, day 1 I just got error messages never turned red. Trying again tomorrow. My take: It's a crapshoot. If the button doesn't turn red hit my status and join from there. Try not to refresh ever. May the force be with you! Thank you all for the tips on this board and for posting your experiences. We practiced at home before coming and this made it a smooth process

First time in 2 months of practice that my button stayed grey after waiting patiently on the home screen until 3 seconds after 8. Had to force close. When tried again, got no admitting more guests error, force closed again and got through in backups... looks like backups were gone super quickly again. Hello Spring Break...
I had the same "not admitting more guests" error message come up during practice this morning. Closed and re-opened the app and then was able to select my party.

My practice didn't go well today (again). I had the same issue of the button not turning red despite a couple hard resets. I would have gotten a backup group. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to screenshot what's going on showing that it's after 8:00 and take it to GET hoping to be given a boarding group. Thoughts? My family wants to go on this ride so badly, but the app has been glitching for me about 50% of the times I practice! UGH.

Does anyone else in your party have a phone? Or do you have an old phone you could give them? Or do you have someone willing to help from home. More than one phone in this scenario is key.

Does anyone else in your party have a phone? Or do you have an old phone you could give them? Or do you have someone willing to help from home. More than one phone in this scenario is key.

Yes, my husband has a phone. Our boys are 4 and 2 and are too little so we will have two phones trying. I guess I'm just surprised that glitches are so rampant. I knew glitches existed but I didn't think they'd occur most days. Our first day at DHS is 4/18. I started practicing March 1 and I have had glitches the majority of days that required multiple hard resets. It makes me nervous because I realize how susceptible anyone is to them!

I agree with this (even though we have not yet gone...3 more days). My husband is the least technical person you'll meet and doesn't use his iphone for anything but calling and texting. Originally I had figured I wouldn't even bother with the MDE app and having him try. He suggested he should try as well, so we downloaded the app, etc. The first time we practiced together, his phone had a "join boarding group" while mine didn't. That convinced me that more is better. Almost every time we've practiced, we've gotten different results. We'll both be trying at the park for sure.

Heading back down the weekend of March 27th. I've been on Rise a few times (including being there for opening day!) but she hasn't yet. We're staying at AOA and from what I've heard, it's maybe not the best idea to take the Skyliner? It seems like you get in the park with less than 10 minutes to spare which is reeeeeeeeeeeally cutting it close (we're also only there for 2 days). Is the suggested mode of transport still a lyft if you're coming from a skyliner resort?

Heading back down the weekend of March 27th. I've been on Rise a few times (including being there for opening day!) but she hasn't yet. We're staying at AOA and from what I've heard, it's maybe not the best idea to take the Skyliner? It seems like you get in the park with less than 10 minutes to spare which is reeeeeeeeeeeally cutting it close (we're also only there for 2 days). Is the suggested mode of transport still a lyft if you're coming from a skyliner resort?

Buses start running by about 6:30 (including Skyliner resorts).

Bus will be fine. Recommend you arrive at the bus stop by 7:00 at the very latest but preferably by 6:30 - 6:45

Gracias! I thought I head somewhere that skyliner resorts didn't do busses anymore, so I'd written that off. Are they running pretty frequently/efficiently?
They should run normally before Skyliner opens, but reduce down to once an hour when Skyliner opens.

They should run normally before Skyliner opens, but reduce down to once an hour when Skyliner opens.
Yikes! Okay, thanks. So maybe if one hasn't shown up by 7-7:10, it might be smart to call a Lyft after all? I feel like on my previous trips in December/Jan/Feb that I kept hearing horror stories from people that one bus came at 6:30 & that was it for the next hour and they missed their chance to get a BG.

Yikes! Okay, thanks. So maybe if one hasn't shown up by 7-7:10, it might be smart to call a Lyft after all? I feel like on my previous trips in December/Jan/Feb that I kept hearing horror stories from people that one bus came at 6:30 & that was it for the next hour and they missed their chance to get a BG.
They come frequently from 6:30 - 7:30 while the Skyliner is still closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter