READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious. For those that have had problems whether they are practicing or at the park (like someone on their friends list not appearing). Do you have an Iphone or Android? Just wondering if it's a problem within a certain phone. I haven't had a single problem (samsung galaxy), but my friends who have gone, everyone who has had an issue had iphone. Like yesterday, I was with 2 friends, and all 3 of us were trying. One of them the red button wouldn't come up, the other her husband wasn't appearing on her Friends and Family list to select (they both have apple). I had no issues and got us in.

I know we've talked about apple vs droid when it comes to the app loading, or when they did the update. But not about the Friends list not appearing, or not showing in the park
It is likely not o/s or phone related. Maybe not even related to the app version of MDE.

I had this issue on Friday for the first time (3/4 of us were showing up on the F&F list), on the newest Samsung Galaxy S20+ with Android 10. I had been practicing on the new phone since I received it on Tuesday, so Wed-Thu was just fine.

I have only seen this once though. Prior to that, had S9+.

The Chart on Post 2 has been updated.

Not a great day, but not a horrible day either - relatively speaking.

- 97 total BGs were called - 61 Regular & 36 Backups
- Progression was quite slow during the early morning to early afternoon time period, after which the pace picked back up (but once you "start behind" it pretty much stays behind, obviously)
- BGs lasted 20 minutes after park opening, which is just about average since 8am openings started (with obviously wide variations seen on a daily basis)

# of BGs Called By Type.png

Elapsed time to fill all BGs.png

Going home tomorrow. Wondering what I will do now that I don’t have to practice getting BG at 8am anymore!!!!
Oh; there’s always another trip lol! I thought that after our Feb trip, then my DH mentioned a conference in April, so now we have an April trip followed by our usual summer trip in June. So I’ve been following along so I know what’s going on and practicing here and there when I happen to notice it’s just about 8:00. I think it would make more sense for my sanity and time to just check in a week or so prior to each trip, but I cant seem to bring itself to do that haha!

Is there any way to have the default setting of your group already on "Select all" so you don't have to hit that? I watched a video of someone at Disneyland getting it and it kind of looked like they had everyone selected as soon as they got in?

Is there any way to have the default setting of your group already on "Select all" so you don't have to hit that? I watched a video of someone at Disneyland getting it and it kind of looked like they had everyone selected as soon as they got in?
No, it's a one second click, really fast if you just have to hit select all

Going on Wednesday and stating to feel stressed...….

If we have 4 people in our group and are all wanting to use our phones to attempt to get a boarding group, should I have everybody log into to my account for 'My Disney Experience' or should I create an account for each person in my group?

Thanks in advance:-)

Going on Wednesday and stating to feel stressed...….

If we have 4 people in our group and are all wanting to use our phones to attempt to get a boarding group, should I have everybody log into to my account for 'My Disney Experience' or should I create an account for each person in my group?

Thanks in advance:-)
have everyone log into one account and everyone tries for the group, if you do it individually you're risking each person getting a different bg

Well that was fast - all BGs full right before my iphone clock ticked to 8:02am. Backups start at 53 - so that means there will probably be 51 Regular BGs vs the recent trend of 61. Remember the fast time and lower Regular BG count could mean anything - crowds, expected ride performance today (yesterday was a spotty performing day), some combination, or various other factors.

First time in 2 months of practice that my button stayed grey after waiting patiently on the home screen until 3 seconds after 8. Had to force close. When tried again, got no admitting more guests error, force closed again and got through in backups... looks like backups were gone super quickly again. Hello Spring Break...

I got a weird glitch I have never seen before practicing this morning. Opened the app at 7:59:30. Clicked find out more at 8:00:02. Both join boarding group buttons were greyed out so I forced closed and restarted. At that point clicked find out more and BOTH join boarding group and my status were grey. I clicked over to my plans to see if I was signed in. I was, went back and got my status to work. Would have had a backup group.

Practice was a bust this morning. Could not see the button go red, till the backups started around 8:01. I had read on this thread about interacting with the app like attempting to change the FPs then force close and restart. When I have been doing that, I have had the most success. Today I just fired it up around 7:58 and clicking Find Out More at 8:00:03 as usual, but I could not see the join button light up on the first screen or My Status at all.

I got a weird glitch I have never seen before practicing this morning. Opened the app at 7:59:30. Clicked find out more at 8:00:02. Both join boarding group buttons were greyed out so I forced closed and restarted. At that point clicked find out more and BOTH join boarding group and my status were grey. I clicked over to my plans to see if I was signed in. I was, went back and got my status to work. Would have had a backup group.
Same here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter