READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be at DHS 4/18 and 4/19. I started practicing 4 days ago. 3 out of 4 days I ran into glitches, which has me discouraged. The first day I was getting "something went wrong." Day 2 was smooth. Yesterday my husband and son weren't showing up in my family and friends list. Today, despite refreshing and going into my status, etc. my button wouldn't turn red. I had to hard close and at that point only backup groups were available-- this was before 8:01. I really hope that in my 2 days there we can get on ROTR. This process is frustrating!

Be sure to practice different ways. I never got a red button either while practicing (or on my Park day) - I did run into glitches though! I found for me, closing right out worked much better than refreshing. As soon as I noticed it was glitching or taking longer than expected I closed out and restarted then hit the My Status button. Practicing the different ways to get in and practicing to close out and get back in definitely helped me. I ran into a glitch on my Park day and somehow it still gave me BG13 (on a day they started at 10). I like the 'wait 3 seconds after 8 and go in by My Status' way the best, it seemed to work the best while practicing, for me.

Wondering if Backup BG’s lasted so long today due to MMRR opening. Maybe people in that line didn’t want to try for a BG today bc it would likely mean losing their spot — depending on timing. Will be interested to see if the later BG availability continues.

My phone glitches hard today. Whenever I practice not at the park it works amazingly well and when I get into the park I have problems every single time. Not sure why. I’ve tried about every method listed in this thread.

Anyways, we got bg 89 so I’m hopeful we will make it today. I’m here with my parents (in their 70s) and I’d love for them to experience it.

My phone glitches hard today. Whenever I practice not at the park it works amazingly well and when I get into the park I have problems every single time. Not sure why. I’ve tried about every method listed in this thread.

Anyways, we got bg 89 so I’m hopeful we will make it today. I’m here with my parents (in their 70s) and I’d love for them to experience it.
They're already at 87 so barring a catastrophic ride failure you'll be just fine and should be riding very soon!

Yeah my dad needed a nap so we’re back at hotel. I told them I will wake them up when we need to go lol

i had zero issues getting the red button immediately today. But i was a little late opening my app this morning. I normally launch it at 7:59:55 as it takes 5 seconds to load cold. I prefer to see my phone tick over to 8:00:00 when i'm on the fireworks. Then i take a breath and hit the AT-AT. Button is ALWAYS red with this method. I didn't launch the app until exactly 8:00:00 this morning. Still plenty of success.

My first attempt day i'm planning on not even staying in the part and rope dropping AK for FOP and then have EP fastpasses starting at 12:30 so i am planning on waiting about 20-30 seconds in an attempt to get bg 40-60. I do have two other HS days later though so I'm quite confident at this point.

When looking the Thrill Data site information, what are they basing the wait times off of for each boarding group? I know it fluctuates throughout the day and can be anywhere from 20-90 minutes based on what people say but what makes Thrill Data say it is averaging around 2 hour wait in the afternoons?

Yeah my dad needed a nap so we’re back at hotel. I told them I will wake them up when we need to go lol
I understand that. We travelled to Disney last April with my parents who are both in their late 70's and the planning and expectations for that trip were very different.

I hope things work out for you and your parents to ride later today.

It was our HS day today. It was amazing. We had no interest of riding the new Mickey ride so we headed straight back to toy story land after tapping in around 7:10. They opened SDD way early and we were off by 7:30. Kids and DH rose Swirling Saucers twice with zero wait. Myself, my mom and DH all on our phones waiting. We tapped into app at 7:59, hit Find Out More at 8:00. No red buttons and my status didn’t even work. I tried again and was able to join a boarding group. Got BG5. Helped a family next to us that didn’t know what exactly to do. Poor guys hands were shaking while his son watched him try. I helped him and he got BG78. I explained that it was a backup group but that they would probably get to ride. His son was very excited so my day was pretty much perfect after that. The new Mickey ride started with a 4 hour wait but eventually dropped to as low as 90 mins. My kids were not willing to wait that long so we will catch it next trip. We had fast passes for TSM, Star Tours and Smugglers Run. I have to be honest- I didn’t care for Smugglers. Rise of the Resistance was amazing though and totally worth the weeks of practice. Everyone there was really pumped and had great reactions to each part of the experience. Made it really special.

When looking the Thrill Data site information, what are they basing the wait times off of for each boarding group? I know it fluctuates throughout the day and can be anywhere from 20-90 minutes based on what people say but what makes Thrill Data say it is averaging around 2 hour wait in the afternoons?

From best I can tell, some of their templates are built with "wait times" as the label as that's what they track for every other ride, but for RotR it's not really wait times. Like on the BG progression chart - if you hover over the latest bullet it says "Wait Time: 97 minutes" but that really means BG 97. In similar fashion, the "average wait time" summaries at the bottom aren't really waits, it's BG info. So I think it's just a misleading template (if I'm understanding how they present their information correctly).

From best I can tell, some of their templates are built with "wait times" as the label as that's what they track for every other ride, but for RotR it's not really wait times. Like on the BG progression chart - if you hover over the latest bullet it says "Wait Time: 97 minutes" but that really means BG 97. In similar fashion, the "average wait time" summaries at the bottom aren't really waits, it's BG info. So I think it's just a misleading template (if I'm understanding how they present their information correctly).

Thank you for helping make the information make sense. So much clearer now.

Uh oh...my daughter was a CM last summer. Now, we've all planned a May trip. Three of us have purchased 8-day Park Hoppers while she has said she has her CM passes (tickets?). Not sure she's aware of the (possible) HS block. Sounds like she'll need to purchase a two or three-day pass after all for our studio days.

just an FYI that I just saw it posted that CM blackouts at DHS have been extened through May (apologies for the bad news)

https://blogmickey.com/2020/03/cast...hrough-may-2020-for-disneys-hollywood-studios

They probably don't want people to know they didn't get to ride because they ran out of boarding groups before close if it happens

So, as I posted earlier, I got BG 55 today.

I checked status when I got off SDD at 11:20 and they had called up thru 57 while I was on the ride. I entered ROTR queue at 11:28. Advanced about half way into the queue before stopping. After that, queue was moving well; only a few brief stops. Entered the preshow at 11:40, so just 12 minutes in the queue.

Helped a family next to us that didn’t know what exactly to do. Poor guys hands were shaking while his son watched him try. I helped him and he got BG78. I explained that it was a backup group but that they would probably get to ride. His son was very excited so my day was pretty much perfect after that.
👏 This is amazing! Love to see the people "in the know" spreading the love and knowledge around. Hope you had a great day!! At the very least you have some good karma coming your way!

Last edited:
I have been practicing regularly for the past 3 weeks or so, and my 10 yr old DD has caught on the last week as well.
I have been successful daily with the App already open and a 3 second wait after 8am. Time tracking is via Atomic Clock Widget that has a floating small window over the MDE App.
Today is the first time it did not work for both of us. No Red "Join Boarding Group".
Was thrown off, clicked My Status, and was able to click "Join A Boarding Group"
In a way, I am glad this happened so I am prepared for various issues that may arise when in the Park on Go Live Day and how to handle them, and just not freeze up and not know what to do.
It does appear that today, more then other days, that a lot of folks encountered the same issue of the Join Boarding Group not turning Red.
BTW, at approx 8:54 (or so) Back Up Boarding Groups were finally filled. Nobody wants to leave the 5 hr line @ MMRR.
Hi, which atomic clock widget do you use and how do you get it to show on the same screen as MDE? What kind of phone do you have? I’ve tried a few clock apps but can’t figure out how to make the clock show together with the MDE app. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter