READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been practicing consistently for the last 3 days and I've settled on a pattern. Open the app 2 minutes before bg opening, a 3 second count at 7am. Every morning I've gotten to the select guests in the initial groups. This morning it went to back up in under 1 minute. IPhone 8+

Here are some crowd photos from today. Here is the crowd after we got off the bus. About 7:05. No construction wall but the right side went pretty quickly.

Then we walked to try and get on Smugglers Run. This is where we waited. We have younger kids and a stroller and ended up too far back that we thought our four year old would go crazy so we switched to Aliens.
Any idea what star tours was like?

I'm curious to know if solo travelers generally get earlier boarding groups, either because they don't have to take time to select their boarding party or because the system can drop them into a group that doesn't have space for 2 or more guests
Reporting my solo traveler experience from Thursday 2/27 -
drove over from Tampa (1.5 hours), entered DHS parking lot at 6:50 AM
walked to the far right tap stile line, tapped into the park at 7:20 AM
went immediately to Starbucks, had my soy latte and bagel by 7:40 AM :)
went to sit on the concrete planter in front of Echo Lake, exited all apps, turned off wifi, iPhone 7
opened the app at 7:58 am, searched for Star Tours FastPass just for a giggle, then hit the home page exactly at 8:00 am, hit Learn More, clicked Join Boarding Group, got group 17
Boarded around 8:50 AM, no wait, no glitches, no delays - the Force was with me
My friend was solo last sunday (I was boo-hooing in the room between throwing up and dying of the flu!) and she got 92, so didnt seem to give her a leg up being solo.

I have read about the process of how to secure a boarding group. I'm specifically looking for advice on what to do if the app tells you "something went wrong" repeatedly during the process. What is the best thing to do? Keep refreshing? X it out and try to proceed? And what happens if you show up on time and glitches with the app stop you from getting a boarding group? Is there any recourse in having the GET give you a boarding group if you screenshot the error messages?

Looking at these wait times, I’m increasingly thinking our plan will be to hit up Star Tours at RD after securing a BG. Has anyone done that?

I have read about the process of how to secure a boarding group. I'm specifically looking for advice on what to do if the app tells you "something went wrong" repeatedly during the process. What is the best thing to do? Keep refreshing? X it out and try to proceed? And what happens if you show up on time and glitches with the app stop you from getting a boarding group? Is there any recourse in having the GET give you a boarding group if you screenshot the error messages?
merged you to the existing thread. Read post 1 and 2.
if you get an error message best thing to do is hard close the app and come back in,this process should take less than 30 seconds. Others will most likely give their impressions as well, but this is what I do and I'm back in in less than a minute

I think it's pretty predictable now that regular bg go a minute or under
True. But 33 seconds is definitely on the faster end. And there have been reports of some people getting backup notifications after a full minute on the same day as someone else who got it under a minute. I’ve now been on both ends of that equation, which is interesting.

Looking at these wait times, I’m increasingly thinking our plan will be to hit up Star Tours at RD after securing a BG. Has anyone done that?

I haven‘t tried it but, especially with MMRR opening this week, Star Tours will be at most the fifth most popular rope drop stop (behind MFSR, SDD, MMRR, and TOT/RNRC). I would expect Star Tours to be a walk on or close to it if you make it your first stop. This morning at 8:50, Star Tours has a posted wait of 25 minutes, by far the shortest of any of the rides.

Hey folks! Live from HS and just got off RotR. I read up on tips last night and secured boarding group 6 for myself (solo).

I am using a Verizon iPhone 11 with 128g storage.
  • Removed all other guests from family and friends list in advance
  • Left CSR room at 7:04 and called a Lyft quoted 15min
  • Maybe 30-40 people in line for bus so I wouldn’t gamble
  • Lyft arrived to Gran Destino tower lobby 7:21 (got dropped by drivers twice)
  • Dropped off HS 7:31
  • Through bag check 7:38
  • Scanned into park 7:40
  • Restarted my phone
  • Found a nice bench on Sunset since it was calm and watched the lines grow for RnR and ToT which by 8 were being quoted like 90 min
  • Turned off WiFi and ran the app Speedcheck and got about 27 pings and 40mbps download even as the lines of people started to extend past my bench close to 8
  • I watched the clock change and started a stopwatch at 7:56 so I’d have a second hand
  • At 7:58 opened the MDE app
  • The announcement came on about boarding groups 15 seconds before 8
  • When the clock reached 8 I counted about three seconds before clicking “Find Out More” as tips on here have suggested
  • The red button to join a group was available and I quickly clicked join since I was the only person in my party (this is why having the correct friends and family list is best)
  • Boarding group 6!
  • Not many cheers but I could tell who was and wasn’t successful I would recommend a bench on Sunset since most were empty
  • 3 was first and 3-7 was called at 8:12 as I was entering Galaxy’s Edge
  • I scanned in at 8:15 and was off the ride by 8:35
  • There were like 30 people in my group for the intro stuff and there were no issues all very smooth
All in all super easy and low stress for a single rider. If you aren’t worried about rope drop I recommend arriving late because I assume the lines to get in (car/bus and security) are longer if you arrive earlier than I did. There was pretty much no line for me to get into HS because it was past the rush I assume.

Fun ride but as someone who has only seen the original trilogy once it was just another fun ride for me but not super thrilling. Glad it went well for me and now I can enjoy my trip without worrying. Best of luck to everyone!

Off to MK for a 9:10 7DMT FP so I am glad I got an early group and didn’t have to stress about Park hopping!

Attachments

• D965DB27-DA91-491C-B210-224DFE05BB30.png
    D965DB27-DA91-491C-B210-224DFE05BB30.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 54
  • B6783CBA-A113-44F8-A5C0-C7C1E9A650C8.jpeg
    B6783CBA-A113-44F8-A5C0-C7C1E9A650C8.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 55
I haven‘t tried it but, especially with MMRR opening this week, Star Tours will be at most the fifth most popular rope drop stop (behind MFSR, SDD, MMRR, and TOT/RNRC). I would expect Star Tours to be a walk on or close to it if you make it your first stop. This morning at 8:50, Star Tours has a posted wait of 25 minutes, by far the shortest of any of the rides.

That was my thinking too. We don’t go until the first week of May, but I don’t see it changing much other than higher than normal volume because of the first DHS day we have (Star Wars Day). We’re not worried about the bigger rides because of CL FP. Tbh the BG itself is the only thing I’m worried about...we only have 2 people and no one who can help from home. But we can hop and our trip is 10 days so we’ll have plenty of chances.

@tigervon88 re solo - I was solo on 2/3 and 2/6, IPhone 5s on AT&T data.
2/3, 7 am open, standing on Sunset in front of Legends of Hollywood. Join Boarding Group button was not red so hit My Status, everything smooth after that, got BG 34. I was thrilled.

2/6, 8 am open, standing near restrooms on the right just past the gas station when you first enter park. Don't remember details but app being stubborn/draggy and I think I had to close and reopen it. When it worked, JBG button red, got BG 65 IIRC. Got called just before 3 pm.

If I had my druthers, I'd rather have a group of maybe 3 with everyone trying and no extra people in Friends & Family.

True. But 33 seconds is definitely on the faster end. And there have been reports of some people getting backup notifications after a full minute on the same day as someone else who got it under a minute. I’ve now been on both ends of that equation, which is interesting.
like I've stated all along to me the regular bg number is not really that crucial as most days we are seeing them go into bg 8- and above, so putting emphasis on the regular bg might throw new people off and make them become stressed out because they get a low backup bg number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter