READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question regarding using the app to get in a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance....

On our trip it will just be DH and I. I am in charge of everything for this trip, so all resorts, passes, dining, etc., are done via my account and show up in my app. He is also there as the other member of our party.

Can I be the only one trying to get us in a boarding group, or does he have to be doing the same thing on his phone with the app??

I ask because as we all know, one of the things that shows up in the app are resort reservations, but I am surprising him with a Deluxe stay at the end of the trip. If he had access to our account on the app, he'll see that..... :(
By the time you get to HS for your first attempt at a BG, will you have already checked in? Then hopefully the surprise will have already been delivered? If you want him to practice before you get there, the surprise willlikely be spoiled. Once there, you would both want to be trying for BGs to give you the best chance to get one.

@LegoMom3 You should look at the app and see if any information regarding your surprise would even be given away on the front page without having to dig deeper. To get a boarding group you use the information you see first thing when you fire up MDE. You may be able to keep it hidden but there is still some risk.

We were there this morning. I had an old iPhone on WIFI and DH has the newest iPhone on Verizon. I switched with him since I figured I should have the best technology since I did all the research. :)

We opened the apps at five minutes before and waited. 3 seconds after 8 I pressed find out, my status and it went red. Selected all then deselected one person. Hit next and it circled for a few seconds then boarding group 24! It was very exciting. All my research paid off. The old iPhone app never worked.

We went during our time and the group got to the point where the CM asked how many in our party and the ride went down. Bananas, chips, water, Chewbacca, we got the full experience. We were offered fast passes for later so we took them. Our four year old couldn’t wait any longer.

Went back around 12 and we were successful! Loved it. Feel fortunate to ride.

Question regarding using the app to get in a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance....

On our trip it will just be DH and I. I am in charge of everything for this trip, so all resorts, passes, dining, etc., are done via my account and show up in my app. He is also there as the other member of our party.

Can I be the only one trying to get us in a boarding group, or does he have to be doing the same thing on his phone with the app??

I ask because as we all know, one of the things that shows up in the app are resort reservations, but I am surprising him with a Deluxe stay at the end of the trip. If he had access to our account on the app, he'll see that..... :(
If I were you I would take his phone and try to get one with both phones yourself that morning.

Are they having a banner day today or is this the norm? Just back to normal from the boo boo?

71 guaranteed groups today and at 6:30PM they are up to 135

I can't seem to find the answer to this, when the park opens and i'm in the app, will the button to join a boarding group automatically turn red (lets just say at 8am opening), or do i need to refresh it to light up available to book in the app. How do i refresh the app to reflect the open boarding groups (without getting out of the app and going back in), does that make sense? Or will it just light up red at opening. I have an iPhone (older) if that makes a difference. Thanks.

I can't seem to find the answer to this, when the park opens and i'm in the app, will the button to join a boarding group automatically turn red (lets just say at 8am opening), or do i need to refresh it to light up available to book in the app. How do i refresh the app to reflect the open boarding groups (without getting out of the app and going back in), does that make sense? Or will it just light up red at opening. I have an iPhone (older) if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Hi @mrsincredible3, FYI, I merged your post into this thread where all aspects of the RotR Boarding Group process are being discussed.

Generally speaking, no, the Join Boarding Group button will not automatically turn red. You need to toggle back and forth between screens. The exact steps, how you toggle/refresh, when to open the app, etc are all subject to debate (and much discussion around here). If you go back a handful of pages you can read people's methods, reports, etc. And new people post nearly every day with their results/experiences, which can be helpful in the days leading up to your trip.

Hope that helps!

Hi @mrsincredible3, FYI, I merged your post into this thread where all aspects of the RotR Boarding Group process are being discussed.

Generally speaking, no, the Join Boarding Group button will not automatically turn red. You need to toggle back and forth between screens. The exact steps, how you toggle/refresh, when to open the app, etc are all subject to debate (and much discussion around here). If you go back a handful of pages you can read people's methods, reports, etc. And new people post nearly every day with their results/experiences, which can be helpful in the days leading up to your trip.

Hope that helps!

thank you for the response, that was helpful:). i thought i had posted in the start wars thread so thanks for moving it.

Can someone with the app update throughout the last hour to see if they have a run on BGs again tonight like last night and call some later than expected?

I'm not really sure what that means, but they've been calling BGs from 6PM through 7PM, and got to 143. Up until that, there were 15 BGs active at a time, and there's now just 13 BGs active, so that looks like that's it.

You can follow the breakdown of when they're called here, but not how many are active at any point in time.

Last night they bucked the trend of only calling up until 7p and I am hoping to have people track it tonight to see if they call groups past 7p.

Moderators if I am misunderstanding that from yesterday please correct me so I am not spreading misinformation.

Hi! Just so I am clear on meaning.. when you guys say kill the app or close it, you are referring to getting it to the point where upon relaunch it shows the castle and fireworks correct? You don't mean 1) force stopping and having to re-login or 2) in essence minimizing so when you come back in you are immediately in the map and at-at screen?

Hi! Just so I am clear on meaning.. when you guys say kill the app or close it, you are referring to getting it to the point where upon relaunch it shows the castle and fireworks correct? You don't mean 1) force stopping and having to re-login or 2) in essence minimizing so when you come back in you are immediately in the map and at-at screen?

If on iPhone it mean double tapping home button, swiping up, then relaunching MDE thus seeing castle and fireworks again. The reason people suggest this is because it ends up fixing the issues instead of wasting precious seconds trying to resolve it yourself.

The Chart on Post 2 has been updated. Today was a very good day, both operationally and for how long Boarding Groups lasted as available to join after park opening. Today would have likely been a very good experience for any guest who was there at park opening and wanted to ride. Of course, not all days have been so fortunate.

- 134 total Boarding Groups were called - 61 Regular Boarding Groups / 73 Backup Boarding Groups - for an 11.2 Boarding Group per hour average

- Backup boarding groups lasted until 8:30am, 30 minutes past park opening

Visuals of the 26 days of 8am openings / 12 hour park days we've had so far:

# of BGs Called By Type.png

Elapsed time to fill all BGs.png

If on iPhone it mean double tapping home button, swiping up, then relaunching MDE thus seeing castle and fireworks again. The reason people suggest this is because it ends up fixing the issues instead of wasting precious seconds trying to resolve it yourself.
It's also a good idea to do this to close other apps that are running in the background, so they aren't using up some of your phone's resources.

Note: on newer iphones (without a home button), you swipe halfway up the screen and hold until the open apps appear. Then you can swipe each of them up to close them.

Off topic: is there still millennium falcon or at-at popcorn buckets

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter