READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are preaching this regularly, but seem to be in the minority. Is your app updated? What phone are you using?
I was never getting through without a hard reset without waiting until 8:00:02 and pushing "Find Out More". That method seems to be promoted the most as well.

As you said best thing to do is practice, but I am surprised it NEVER works for you which is why I asked the above questions

I have the same experience as @wisblue. I have never seen mine turn red until after I have been through the my status method successfully, and am trying a 2nd+ time to see if the switch to back up has happened. I am able to do it through my status every time, so my plan in the park is to attempt that immediately at 8.

I use an iPhone 8 that is fully updated, FWIW.

I have the same experience as @wisblue. I have never seen mine turn red until after I have been through the my status method successfully, and am trying a 2nd+ time to see if the switch to back up has happened. I am able to do it through my status every time, so my plan in the park is to attempt that immediately at 8.

Add me to the list of those that never find the Join Boarding Group button to be red after hitting Find Out More but am always able to join a BG after hitting My Status. I am curious if the app will behave any differently in the park, but for now, I am assuming I will have to go the extra step of hitting my status first before I can join a BG. And yes, I have tried waiting anywhere from 3 -10 seconds after my clock hits 8:00:00 and it makes no difference. Have also confirmed my clock is within 1 second of the world clock time.

I'm on an iPhone 7 and my app is fully updated.

I got the same thing on my iPhone 11. But at same time I was using my iPhone 6s and had no problems. So confused why one would work and the other wouldn’t. Did same steps on both phones and pressed buttons at same time on both phones.
The problem may have been not on your phones, but on Disney's servers. For example, maybe all server connections were maxed out when the 2nd phone hit. Or maybe the server that got the 2nd phone's transaction had a problem communicating with a database.

I'd be curious to see whether the results are the same when you try both phones on another morning.

@kpd6901 Can you (or anyone in the know) explain this more? Is the construction wall now entirely gone? Does that change the "stay right" advice?
I always find going to the furthest tapstile to be the best choice as people don't want to walk any extra steps, so even with the wall down I would say going to the right is still the best bet

Yeah, they have separate line for FPS. We used the actual fp taps and a separate line

Last edited by a moderator:
please everyone remember this is a SPOILER FREE thread. No details on queue, ride or characters will be provided here and the Mods will edit or delete your posts.
For people joining for the first time read posts 1 and 2 before asking a question and after, if you don't find the answer you're looking for then you can ask

I also have an iPhone 8. I am updated to version 13.3 of the software but have not updated yet to version 13.3.1. I have also not downloaded the latest version of the MDE app that came out a few weeks ago because of all the problems reported here. Have people been finding that those issues have been resolved with subsequent bug fixes?

For now I’m sticking with something that works consistently over the possibility of gaining 2-3 seconds with something that has never worked for me. That’s why I suggest that people do some dry runs to see what works for them.

Last edited:
Was very stressful this morning for my one chance! It let me through to picking my party and then froze. I kept trying to click and then it went to just a wheel turning. I did a complete close out. Tried again, it wouldn’t let me click anything. Everything was grey. Closed again. Did this about three times and heard lots of cheers around me - I was about to throw my phone and then when I hit My Status again (my usual route) it all of a sudden showed I was BG 13! So I assume my first attempt actually did go through and it was just being glitchy. I wasn't on wifi and had full bars. Not sure what happened. But, was happy when that came up!! Better than yesterday’s accidental BG 36!

Is there a post somewhere tracking or with info on how long you're typically in line once a BG is called? TP is recommending blocking 130 minutes in line, is that what's actually happening right now? or are they just putting a huge # in there because you can't really know?

Is there a post somewhere tracking or with info on how long you're typically in line once a BG is called? TP is recommending blocking 130 minutes in line, is that what's actually happening right now? or are they just putting a huge # in there because you can't really know?
it can be anywhere from 25 minutes to 2 hours depending on the ride operating properly.

My friend with backup boarding group #94 just got notified that she will not be boarded today. Is that common, that they give up on backups this early in the day? I know it's a weird day but wow, that does not seem like a good sign given that the park is still open for 7 more hours.

My friend with backup boarding group #94 just got notified that she will not be boarded today. Is that common, that they give up on backups this early in the day? I know it's a weird day but wow, that does not seem like a good sign given that the park is still open for 7 more hours.
the attraction has loaded extremely slowly today, they know they won't get to 94 which is why they are letting your friend know now instead of having her/him wait around until later

We are there in a few days. My cell phone does have internet. It only works if there’s WiFi. DH has the latest iPhone with internet/data. Is it better to have him make his phone a hot spot that I join and use the same network as him or should he just use data and I use Disney WiFi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter