READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I didn’t want to gum up the works by accidentally getting a BG, I limited my test for today to waiting 15 seconds after the clock struck 8:00 to hit Find Out More. Still no red button.

Beware of advice telling you to wait for a few seconds before hitting Find Out More. For whatever reason that doesn’t work for me, but if I hit My Status I can get to an active button within 5 seconds. A good reason to try a few things at home before being thrown into the fire at the park. If you’re afraid that you might accidentally get a BG, stop short of actually entering names for a BG.

You are preaching this regularly, but seem to be in the minority. Is your app updated? What phone are you using?
I was never getting through without a hard reset without waiting until 8:00:02 and pushing "Find Out More". That method seems to be promoted the most as well.

As you said best thing to do is practice, but I am surprised it NEVER works for you which is why I asked the above questions

I wasn't sweating this until reading through this thread at the number of people not getting BG or getting backup BG with multiple people with multiple devices trying.
We are arriving on Tuesday, April 14 for 4 days on a non park hopping pass. Normally we are 7 to 10 day trip with AP. But this is so short we didn't add the expense of hopping.

So we have one shot at this and I am getting nervous.
I was planning on making DHS our first stop. I guess I could plead our case with GS if we get shut out to be able to hop so we could come back the next day and try again.
Anyone have any luck trying that?

My son got BG 15 right away, but forgot to add the rest of our family to his party! He realized right away, and I was able to remove him from my party and got back up BG 101. We headed over to the Guest Experience line, and crossed our fingers for some Disney magic, along with 50 or so others. After waiting for an hour long line our Guest Experience cast member added us to my son’s boarding group (and saved him from being disowned by the rest of us!
This has been GS’s procedure thus far, no guarantee it will be continued in the future, as it’s a work in progress IMO

Does appear to be the reason the majority of people are waiting in the line...they want to be added to the earliest BG that somebody in their F&F snagged.

You are preaching this regularly, but seem to be in the minority. Is your app updated? What phone are you using?
I was never getting through without a hard reset without waiting until 8:00:02 and pushing "Find Out More". That method seems to be promoted the most as well.

As you said best thing to do is practice, but I am surprised it NEVER works for you which is why I asked the above questions

I've been having the same issue lately (ever since the latest version of the app was released). Even if I open the app right before 8 and wait a few seconds after 8:00 to hit Find Out More, the Join Boarding Group button has not been red. But when I select My Status, even if I hit Find Out More right at 8 and then select My Status, the Join a Boarding Group button is active and I can get through that way. I have an iPhone 11 and have version 5.8.1. I agree with the recommendation to try a few methods out to see what works best for you. For some, waiting a few seconds after 8:00 works best and they get a red button, for others it may be best to get to the Boarding Status page quickly after 8 and join that way.

It's far easier to just hit "select all" than to mess with splitting the group.
What happens if ‘all’ aren’t in the park using this method?

Does it just skip over those people & go directly to issuing a BG for those that are there?

@krbkaklks Maybe I am reading something wrong then, cause I also sometimes need to hit "My Status". It sounded like @wisblue was saying they are inside the "Find Out More" button before 8. Then hitting "My Status" and getting an active link. That is what I believe to be in the minority of suggestions. Most say do not touch anything until 8.

I'm going to go against trend and just say this; figure out a method you are comfortable with and go with that. I've had to change methods a couple of times and what some swear works for them never works for me. Sometimes that's because of glitches, sometimes its because of timing, etc... but now I've got one method that has worked better and has been more stable, and it's not quite as fast as some can do, but it has been working in time for a regular bg.... so that's what I advise; give a few methods a try and do what works for you even if someone on here has a different method.

I'm going to go against trend and just say this; figure out a method you are comfortable with and go with that. I've had to change methods a couple of times and what some swear works for them never works for me. Sometimes that's because of glitches, sometimes its because of timing, etc... but now I've got one method that has worked better and has been more stable, and it's not quite as fast as some can do, but it has been working in time for a regular bg.... so that's what I advise; give a few methods a try and do what works for you even if someone on here has a different method.
Yep, and that’s why we all should practice a few times - to ensure we know what works best for us.

What happens if ‘all’ aren’t in the park using this method?

Does it just skip over those people & go directly to issuing a BG for those that are there?

No, you'll be advised that they aren't in the park and you could remove them at that point and keep going. The best thing would be to select the right people in the first screen and then click through. Select All is great if everyone on your F&F list is in the park that day, but if they aren't there isn't much else to do other than have to go through and select the right people. It does help if you give everyone who will be in the boarding group the same avatar in MDE - gives a visual guide to help you hit the right names.

And they have no idea who is going to show up for those recovery FP. People who got a FP in Maine yesterday are probably not on a plane this morning to get into DHS today, but Disney doesn’t know how many people with recovery FP are in Florida and how many will be no-shows.
If your boarding group is not called do you automatically get a “recovery fast pass” or do you have to see a GET in the park to get one?

If your boarding group is not called do you automatically get a “recovery fast pass” or do you have to see a GET in the park to get one?

It has traditionally been that only people with regular boarding groups are given recovery if their group is not called. There was a snafu yesterday that caused them to change that, but I expect it to return to the regular policy today.

FWIW the same thing has been happening on my phone since mid January. I’m using iPhone 7+ and everything is updated.

It has traditionally been that only people with regular boarding groups are given recovery if their group is not called. There was a snafu yesterday that caused them to change that, but I expect it to return to the regular policy today.
I was just wondering if the recovery pass is automatically issued to your MDE account or if you have to see someone to get it.

All true. Normally the recovery fast pass is pushed to your MDE automatically if you have a regular boarding group that is not called. A few have said they had to go to guest services, but this is not the norm.

agreed. We were at FQ last month and on the bus stop at 5.50 am for a 7 am opening. The bus didn't come until 6.48, and we didn't tap into DHS until 7.08. Luckily we got a BG (112) and rode at about 6pm but it was very stressful We didn't have a car and Uber wasn't an option as we have 1, 3 and 5 year olds that would have needed car seats.
My suspicion is that early buses were being shared between POR & POFQ (that's how it used to be), that the bus filled up at POR, and that Disney didn't bother to send an additional bus.

Just spoke to a CM who said he did NOT know how many total BGs were distributed this morning. He said ride JUST got back up and they were allowing FP-return entrants only, for right now.

I've been having the same issue lately (ever since the latest version of the app was released). Even if I open the app right before 8 and wait a few seconds after 8:00 to hit Find Out More, the Join Boarding Group button has not been red. But when I select My Status, even if I hit Find Out More right at 8 and then select My Status, the Join a Boarding Group button is active and I can get through that way. I have an iPhone 11 and have version 5.8.1. I agree with the recommendation to try a few methods out to see what works best for you. For some, waiting a few seconds after 8:00 works best and they get a red button, for others it may be best to get to the Boarding Status page quickly after 8 and join that way.
Me too but I have a IPhone 7

So, while I’m waiting for Indy to start, here are our details from this morning.

Left Boardwalk Villas at 0715 walked to the park. got to bag check at 0725. I did not go all the way to the right. I was wrong, those are the fastest lines. Got through bag check at 0735, then went all the way right and was through the tapstile at 0738 (no fingerprints). Moved through the crowd toward GE and had to stop in front of the DVC kiosk.Before I opened the app I checked for the time offset between my phone and Garmin watch(10ish seconds). Opened the App at 0755. At exactly 0800.01 I clicked on the AT-AT picture. The join party button was red selected it, chose my party, hit join.I saw the finding boarding party circle for waaaay longer than was comfortable. Then BG 12 popped up.High 5s all around.
I was using an iPhone 11 on data, wi-fi off. Good luck to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter