READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea our boarding group 79 was never called but we were waiting in the area since 76 had been called. They then came up to everyone and told us it was down for the entire night and we would all get a fast pass for tomorrow and 1 day complimentary ticket to Hollywood studios good for 2 years. They said if you wanted the fast pass changed to a different day you could do it at guest relations but the line was massive so we didn’t change it in the end.

Maybe this has all be described here already, but... what I don’t understand is how people are doing this from home? Was it not stated that in order to get a boarding group, ALL members of your party must physically pass through the “turnstiles” aka “tap their band and activate their ticket for the day” and be physically located onsite at DHS? Please elaborate... and if this is able to be done from afar... how??

A glitch.

Maybe this has all be described here already, but... what I don’t understand is how people are doing this from home? Was it not stated that in order to get a boarding group, ALL members of your party must physically pass through the “turnstiles” aka “tap their band and activate their ticket for the day” and be physically located onsite at DHS? Please elaborate... and if this is able to be done from afar... how??

There was a glitch this morning. Ordinarily you cannot get a BG from home (unless for someone else who is in park).

Hopefully this never happens again.

Glitch today. It doesn’t normally work this way.

It will be interesting to see whether anyone who was not checked in at the park but still got a BG is able to come to the park and use it.
I was practicing from home today and accidentally got BG 11 for our group of 8. I live in PA so I immediately dropped my immediate family but I called up my Kissimmee resident parents to see if they wanted to go. They went, got on about 10:15 had no problems and very much enjoyed the ride.

I was practicing from home today and accidentally got BG 11 for our group of 8. I live in PA so I immediately dropped my immediate family but I called up my Kissimmee resident parents to see if they wanted to go. They went, got on about 10:15 had no problems and very much enjoyed the ride.

I kind of love this. What a fun phone call to make!

I haven’t been notified yet that it’s down for the night and I’m backup 90 although it’s not looking good. I really don’t want to spend more time in line to talk to GET but I also didn’t want to spend the whole day at Hollywood Studios and here I still am😋

I haven’t been notified yet that it’s down for the night and I’m backup 90 although it’s not looking good. I really don’t want to spend more time in line to talk to GET but I also didn’t want to spend the whole day at Hollywood Studios and here I still am😋
I would guess your notification is coming as the higher boarding group number isn’t changing and the lower one keeps increasing. Normally (but not always) this indicates they’re not going to call more BGs.
But, until you get the notice there is still hope!

Ok. Time for the full post now that we’re done for the day!!

I scheduled a Mears shuttle for 645 from all star sports, as i didn’t want to rely on the bus for our one attempt at ROTR. I was honestly happy about that, as we passed the REALLY long bus line. Caught the shuttle and were there right before 7. I had a bag, but my family didn’t. It honestly didn’t take me that much longer. Stuck all the way to the right and were in by about 720ish?

From there, we went straight to sign up for Jedi training. We got our top choice, and I’m glad we went when we did, as the line when we left was really long.

Next, we went to get a Mickey pretzel and sat by Echo Lake. We originally wanted to rope drop, but my 5yo was on the fence about it after Monday, so I didn’t think it was worth the stress. My 8yo and I camped out and waited. Checked the app at 7:55 to make sure tickets registered and we were signed in. Then sat on home screen until 7:59 to reopen. What I found in all of my practicing was to NOT click find out more until after 8:00. I saw plenty doing this around me, and not one got a better boarding group. Also, don’t listen to the announcements. The number of people at 730 freaking out in their phones was kind of crazy.

At 7:59:52, I started a quiet 10 second countdown with my daughter, who was well versed in how to get a boarding group. I just beat her. Button was red right away. Only had one person to deselect, and still got group 16. I couldn’t help myself and started jumping up and down (quietly), but stopped quickly when I saw no one around us getting excited. Those around us got in the 50s and 60s, so still not horrible.

our group was called at 907 when we were in our 905 TOT FP line. Finished that ride, then went to the 1020 Jedi training show before heading to ROTR. Definitely got the “a“ experience. And 30 seconds from the end, an announcement came on to stay seated and that we would be evacuated. The CM were pretty nice about it and joked that we got the“full” experience but would still be issued a recovery FP.

By that time, we had missed our 1025 TSM FO, but the GET team was great and reactivated it for us. After that, headed to MFSR, which was nothing in comparison to ROTR. Had a nice lunch at Mama Melrose’s complete with a birthday cupcake. During that time, was able to get another FP for TOT (still one of my faves).

headed back to ROTR, as it was back up. Realized on it that we were in “b” mode, although it wasn’t much different and I probably wouldn’t have noticed if it weren’t the first time. We got to go through the FP line, which was much quicker than the first time!

Had some time after so went right to Frozen and walked right in. Then went to TOT in the rain. By the time we got off the ride, rain had stopped.

Given the crowds, I couldn’t have asked for a better day. So lucky to do ROTR basically twice in full mode.

my biggest tip I got from the board and through practice was to wait until after 8:00 to hit find out more. I really think that made the difference in getting through smoothly. I didn’t trust opening the app, though, right at time, as I had a couple of practice sessions where it didn’t open for me quickly. So we opened a minute ahead and just waited.

Hope that helps and spreads some of the good fortune!

Did you not get a multiple experiences fp in your MDE? Cast members in the park said it’s down for the rest of the day.

Thanks to y’all I checked MDE. I never got notified even though notifications are on but I do actually have fp for tmrw and one day studios comp tickets for my party of 7. That’s a fair solution that I appreciate greatly. Mostly because I hate confrontation and did not want to talk to them again!

When I was watching videos on tips and tricks on how to have a better shot at securing a boarding group, I was being told that it is best if you are remaining on the “Boarding Status” screen before the park opens and keep scrolling the screen down every so often to refresh the page around 2 minutes before the park opening time. That way, when Disney launches the BG system for the day, the “Join a Boarding Group” button will become non-greyed out and you can click it right away without fiddling around with the previous pages, wasting precious seconds of time. Am I wrong in my understanding on this or not?

View attachment 476980

I tried this in the park in January and never got an active boarding group button before my daughter going a different route grabbed BG 59. I won’t be using that approach again. Going through My Status has worked much better for me in practice so, unless something changes, I’ll be going through My Status in March.

I was thinking to myself as the disaster unfolded this morning that had I practiced and got a BG I would not have cancelled it just to see what would of happened. Never would I of thought I would get a free ticket when I was not even in the park for the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter