READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it never turns blue (clickable). They have to either go back to the home screen and start again or force the app closed and relaunch it.

That would be unfortunate! So, the method DOES work though, correct? It has been proven to actually be possible and I’m not going off totally incorrect info?? It’s just that it can NOT work as well... if I’m understanding this correctly.

I guess what I’ll do is have both my friend and I connected to his hotspot and I’ll try the scroll to refresh way (if I can get it confirmed that it does actually work) and my friend will try the go in and out of the pages the “old fashioned way” and see who can (hopefully) nab a boarding group first... thoughts? Also, at what time would you think you’d know if the button isn’t going to unlock? As soon as it rolls just passed the park opening time?

Ride seems to be down again and I guess they pulled the plug on it today bc I just got a push notification that I was getting a fp for tomorrow. And I can see it in mde. I’m glad they decided to do something for backup groups today that might not get to ride. I feel bad for all the people this morning that were unable to get groups at 8am and will probably not be compensated.

Ride seems to be down again and I guess they pulled the plug on it today bc I just got a push notification that I was getting a fp for tomorrow. And I can see it in mde. I’m glad they decided to do something for backup groups today that might not get to ride. I feel bad for all the people this morning that were unable to get groups at 8am and will probably not be compensated.

Im glad you ended up getting a FP though! Wonder how many back ups are getting it, and if they have a limit.

Ineresting . you got a FP for tomorrow? Were you in a backup group or regular group?

They need to start compensating people with Hopper Passes if the compensation for "wasting" a day is to get a FP for the next day (that you may or may not be able to make because of other plans).

Still .. better than just not getting ANYTHING though. Good luck tomorrow.

Practiced for the second time this morning.

I don’t mean to be disrespectful, and maybe it’s just me, but it seems like the BG process is...actually not that difficult? Just be in the park before opening and have your phone ready to go the minute before.

I‘ve been stressing myself out reading these threads, but it really seems like things are going to be fine. Especially if I do HS my first day in case a disaster does indeed happen.

Am I wrong/naive?

Until you do all that and don't get one. It's also thousands of people jamming the Wi-Fi or cell towers. Doing it from home on your 7ms broadband connection is going to give you a different experience then when you are there battling thousands of people. Does anyone know the ratio of how many people get BG and how many people get shut out?

I have read people who do just what your thinking and don't get a BG.

Ineresting . you got a FP for tomorrow? Were you in a backup group or regular group?

They need to start compensating people with Hopper Passes if the compensation for "wasting" a day is to get a FP for the next day (that you may or may not be able to make because of other plans).

Still .. better than just not getting ANYTHING though. Good luck tomorrow.
I was in a backup group: 76.

I don't think the correlation between how long backup groups last and your chance of riding is nearly as strong as you suggest. I suspect that every single day between 80 and 100 BGs are filled within the first 30-60 seconds. When backup boarding groups last for 10+ minutes, all that means is BG #150+ lasted a little longer than usual. People who get the last few backup BGs of the day likely aren't riding except on the most exceptionally good days.
I used 10+ mins as the lowest bar, but before the past 2 weeks the norm was Back-ups lasting for 30-120mins, even 3hrs. Look at the second orange chart column. The longer Back-ups are lasting, the later BG 80-120 is being dealt out. Prior to 2 weeks ago it wasn't that 98% of all BGs were given out in the first 30-60 seconds and the rest trickled out for 30-120 mins. There is a big difference in chances to ride dependent upon how long backups last in the system.

Oh, this could be a magical day for somebody planning to go to DHS tomorrow and got a backup BG from home while practicing. Compensated a return fast pass for ROTR tomorrow and never set foot anywhere near DHS. Anybody want to cop to this?

edited to add: Boom! It has happened. See a few posts below. Plus a DHS Ticket all for sitting at home practicing. Never had their BG called but still got all the swag.

Last edited:
I’m honestly wondering what practicing clicking on those things helps with.

To me it is the same as when I have to drive to a new place I have never driven before, I pre-drive the whole route or at least the part I am not familiar with by driving the route with Google StreetView. Then I have the whole thing in my mind and nothing is a surprise to me when I actually drive the route for real.

I'm guessing this poster got a FP because their group was actually called but then the ride went down. Backup groups that were never called probably won't get anything.

Oh, I missed they had been called! Just remembered they ended up with a back up this morning. I’m sure you’re right then, thought maybe they were throwing people a bone because of the mess this morning.

Honestly though, I don't understand how the ride can still be down so much. It doesn’t inspire a lot of faith that it will ever be fully functional.
FEA had tons of break downs for months after it opened. It’s fairly reliable now.
On the other hand, there’s test track...
Are you a ride half full or ride half empty kind of person? There’s a precedent for you either way.

Not sure if this helps, but thought I’d share my experiences.
My daughter and I tried on 2/16 to get a boarding group but our tickets needed to be activated at will call and we were too late into the park. So lesson # 1: make sure your tickets are ready. I assumed since they showed up in the app that all we needed was a magic band and the cast member at the turnstile could finalize. We’ve been to WDW numerous times, but tech is always changing on us. I’d give yourself tons of time if DHS is your first day.
We tried for a second time on 2/20 and gave ourselves even more time. I did some research and according to someone via Googling the spot in front of Disney Junior Dance Party has the best wifi speed in the park. I did a speed test there using speedcheck.org to compare Disney wifi vs my LTE thru Verizon. Verizon was much faster. I had also read that if possible, to go thru the process in an area that is not crowded with people (like not in line for rope drop). I hadn’t practiced getting a boarding group but I looked at some screenshots online so I knew what to look for. Time came and I fumbled quite a bit, I had dh instead of myself checked, and got the “not everyone is in the park error” but still managed to get boarding group 64, the first backup group. According to that date the regular boarding groups were filled by 8:01 (backups by 8:03), so considering I just about made it in a regular group with a not perfect app performance, Verizon LTE was my saving grace.

I think only having 2 people may have helped with an earlier boarding group, based on anecdotal reports of those around me with larger groups getting later boarding groups and finishing the process at the same moment. It would make sense if a time slot in the computer system needs only 2 to fill, etc. Maybe this strategy would help those who need an early ride time. I don’t know if it helps or hurts overall chances of a boarding group when demand is crazy, tho, as the more people in the group trying, the better the chance someone gets thru. Something to look into for those with ADRs, etc.

Lastly, many people who get there early to try for a boarding pass still have no idea what to do, honestly, once the app allows them to proceed, and if you are reading this thread, you have little to worry about :). I talked to a few people later that we were in line with at some point in the process to share our excitement only to hear that they had problems figuring out what to do with the app and missed getting a boarding group altogether.

Maybe this has all be described here already, but... what I don’t understand is how people are doing this from home? Was it not stated that in order to get a boarding group, ALL members of your party must physically pass through the “turnstiles” aka “tap their band and activate their ticket for the day” and be physically located onsite at DHS? Please elaborate... and if this is able to be done from afar... how??

Maybe this has all be described here already, but... what I don’t understand is how people are doing this from home? Was it not stated that in order to get a boarding group, ALL members of your party must physically pass through the “turnstiles” aka “tap their band and activate their ticket for the day” and be physically located onsite at DHS? Please elaborate... and if this is able to be done from afar... how??

There was some sort of glitch this morning. People who tried from home today actually got BG’s!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter