READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a bus three time from All star sports and made it in plenty of time for a 7 am opening. I was at the bus stop by 545 each time. On the road there by 615.
Well my brother was at the same hotel this morning. Waited from 7am to 7:25pm before the bus showed up. He made it through the turnstiles at 7:57... so stressful. If you rely on bus be there at 6:45am no lather. If no bus at 7:10 call uber

I’m tempted to give it a try tomorrow. If I leave my house at 5 am I should be able to make it to DHS by 7:00 provided there is little traffic on I4. Reading all the issues lately has me worried though. The weather should be in the upper 30s or low 40s, which may keep some people away.

there is a big difference between practising at home with normal internet or wifi and being jammed in with 1000s of others . have you ever been to a packed sports event or new years eve and tried to use the internet or send a txt on your phone . often it will take a hour for you to recieve a txt sent to you or mins for your phone to update a web page . its all good if it works on perfect internet but being in the park on there wifi or trying to use same tower as everyone else can create problems
Surprisingly the system is handling it.

For almost the first 2 weeks that RoR was open, BGs were able to be joined as guests entered the park before official park open (staggering the wireless traffic). We all thought the system would croak once they changed procedure to all guests competing simultaneously at 1 second past park open (Dec 18 iirc) but it's surviving the deluge almost every morning.

When Back-up BGs are lasting 10+ minutes there's not too much to worry because as long as you're in HS at park open you likely will be riding RoR.

I don't think the correlation between how long backup groups last and your chance of riding is nearly as strong as you suggest. I suspect that every single day between 80 and 100 BGs are filled within the first 30-60 seconds. When backup boarding groups last for 10+ minutes, all that means is BG #150+ lasted a little longer than usual. People who get the last few backup BGs of the day likely aren't riding except on the most exceptionally good days.

Practiced for the second time this morning.

I don’t mean to be disrespectful, and maybe it’s just me, but it seems like the BG process is...actually not that difficult? Just be in the park before opening and have your phone ready to go the minute before.

I‘ve been stressing myself out reading these threads, but it really seems like things are going to be fine. Especially if I do HS my first day in case a disaster does indeed happen.

Am I wrong/naive?
It’s not - but - that’s because we’ve already figured out the traps. Don’t hit find out more too early. Kill the app fast if you have to. Have a second party trying in case of glitches. In my case the first tip is the most important one because in testing, if I hit find out more too early, I am ALWAYS toast.

Oh please don't tell me this! The bus is our only option, so now I am back to panic mode!! Do you think Uber is a better option?
We ended up taking a Lyft. What we should have done was bail on the bus earlier. The problem is, getting a Lyft or Uber at that time is hard as there is high demand. We waited 18 minutes for our Lyft. Then there is the LONG line of ride share cars (this line does not apply to self-park, though there might be a different line for that, I don't know).

If you arrive over an hour before the park opens and no bus shows up in 20 minutes, I'd get a ride share going. We should have done that and cancelled if the bus showed up (and happily pay the penalty). But we didn't and our delay complicated our day. This was back with 7AM opens, so I don't know if things would be different at 8. Also, I think it was a freak thing, but you just don't want that freak thing to happen to you.

As it happens, my husband says he saw someone at the tap style that he recognized from the bus stop. So, pick your poison? Sorry.

MANY people have successfully taken the bus. Just leave enough time (at least an hour but preferrably more) to get to the park.
You can take a bus but if at all possible you want to be at the bus stop 90 mins prior to park opening. This will allow for lines at the bus stop, traffic, security, tapping in, etc. Less time that that does not mean you won't make it in by park opening, it just decreases the chances.
For clarification, we and many others were there over an hour before park opening. Oh! we also had the joy of seeing two MK busses arrive and depart empty and one AK bus also empty. An enterprising woman spoke to the driver of the AK bus, but I don't know what was said.

Busses do work (mostly), but then sometimes they don't.

It
Practiced for the second time this morning.

I don’t mean to be disrespectful, and maybe it’s just me, but it seems like the BG process is...actually not that difficult? Just be in the park before opening and have your phone ready to go the minute before.

I‘ve been stressing myself out reading these threads, but it really seems like things are going to be fine. Especially if I do HS my first day in case a disaster does indeed happen.

Am I wrong/naive?
I wasn’t worried about it either time we’ve tried (Dec 19 I think and today). However, on 12/19 (if my date is right) everything changed-that was the first morning BG weren’t available til opening time. No advance notice on that, just had to go with whatever happened. Thankfully we did get to ride with BG 45. Today was our second time trying, backup BG 90. Errors on 5 Different kinds of Iphones, 3 accounts, 2 different cell carriers. Plus the whole people at home got BG thing. Just saying you never know what’s going to happen no matter how prepared you think you are. I’ve practiced and my kids have too and never got the error at Home so I was confident in getting a good BG. We have two in our party who haven’t ridden. Looking good for today-on BG 70 now. And we just scored last minute overlapping smugglers run for all 7 of us so that’s a win!

there is a big difference between practising at home with normal internet or wifi and being jammed in with 1000s of others . have you ever been to a packed sports event or new years eve and tried to use the internet or send a txt on your phone . often it will take a hour for you to recieve a txt sent to you or mins for your phone to update a web page . its all good if it works on perfect internet but being in the park on there wifi or trying to use same tower as everyone else can create problems
Totally agree. If you look back on the thread from this morning most people that got boarding groups from were early boarding group like 13 while people in the park checking in at the same time got back up boarding groups.

For clarification, we and many others were there over an hour before park opening. Oh! we also had the joy of seeing two MK busses arrive and depart empty and one AK bus also empty. An enterprising woman spoke to the driver of the AK bus, but I don't know what was said.

Busses do work (mostly), but then sometimes they don't.
Considering the popularity of RotR, an hour is the very least I would leave.

If there is something at Disney we need/want to get to, the recommended travel time is 90 minutes. Leaving only a 60 min window is not recommended in any circumstances, but especially right now when we're talking about DHS and RotR.

Hey guys! What's going on? My first post of the day...thought I'd check in and see how the practice sessions went today.....

giphy.gif

Yeah...anyway, I had way too much going on at work this morning that I skipped my practice session, come on here to see how things went and I'm like, "Why am I 10 pages behind on this thread???" It's literally taken me all day to catch up as I would leave for a meeting, come back and realize I had 5 more pages to read, leave again, fell behind another 3 pages. Dang, y'all have been busy today!

I am taking the pledge not to practice tomorrow, or really, much more going forward. I feel okay with HOW to do it now and will just keep an eye on things as we move closer to our date (which is the week leading up to Easter - undoubtedly a crazy busy week). I know we didn't cause this problem but I don't need to add to the BG depletion for the sake of those that are in the parks. I have a friend there today that got BG 90. Didn't get into any details with her about what her process was but it's been slow going today. Hoping she still gets on!

I just can't believe this.

I wonder what the percentage of guests that are trying to get a boarding group and are NOT getting them is? I mean .. we are talking what? 10,000+ people in the park AT rope drop and some not getting in because they are gone within literal seconds?

I am NOT looking forward to trying this out and being "forced" to drive to the park (instead of taking Disney transportation . .especially since I purposely am paying more than I normally would by opting to stay at a Skyliner resort. Not being able to use the transportation (that should get you there in 5-10 minutes) and be on time to an early park opening sounds pretty frustrating.

We will be staying at the Boardwalk in mid-march and plan to walk over on our one and only day in DHS (we have 2 total days in WDW before a cruise). With a very eager 8 year old and somewhat reluctant 6 year old in tow. Park opens at 8. What time should we leave? In an ideal world we would rope drop SDD, but I don't think that will be in the cards the way the crowds have looked the last few days.

We will be staying at the Boardwalk in mid-march and plan to walk over on our one and only day in DHS (we have 2 total days in WDW before a cruise). With a very eager 8 year old and somewhat reluctant 6 year old in tow. Park opens at 8. What time should we leave? In an ideal world we would rope drop SDD, but I don't think that will be in the cards the way the crowds have looked the last few days.
If you want a boarding pass and you are walking, I would leave boardwalk before 7, probably about quarter to. If you want to rope drop SDD I would be in the park by 630; if that’s not do-able then I would rope drop TSM.

If you want a boarding pass and you are walking, I would leave boardwalk before 7, probably about quarter to. If you want to rope drop SDD I would be in the park by 630; if that’s not do-able then I would rope drop TSM.
Thank you!
We have FP to TSM, Star Tours, and MFSR in the morning. And reservations at Oga's and Saavi's and all that.
So where should we head first? Our children will be awake in time to be in the park at 630, but asking them to then wait 90+ minutes before doing anything is ... a lot.

Anyone in a stroller? Without kids and walking at their pace, DH and I took about 10-15 to walk from the villa side (starting from the pool area) to DHS.

Rope dropping SDD I think you need to leave around 6/6:15. Just getting a BG I think you’d be more than fine an hour later. Tack on an extra 10-15 mins or so if your kids are walking, juuuuust incase lol. I know how pokey mine can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter