READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your goal that morning? do you want to rope drop something, or do you just care about getting a BG?

Minnie Vans don't start running until 6:30, and it's almost 40 bucks to get from BLT to HS. Our first bus was generally around 6:40 when we were there last week.

If you want to rope drop something you need to be there earlier than 7 (imo), so you'll need to drive. If you just want a BG, the bus will get you inside the park well before 8AM no problem.

Our goal is getting a BG. If we did do the bus, how much extra time would I need to allot for bag check since with that option we'd have to take our bags with us. If we drove we could leave the bags in the car until we have our BG situated.

Our goal is getting a BG. If we did do the bus, how much extra time would I need to allot for bag check since with that option we'd have to take our bags with us. If we drove we could leave the bags in the car until we have our BG situated.

Not much really. We went through bag check in a couple minutes. They open the tapstiles at 7AM roughly, so the early folks are already through security well before then. We grabbed the 6:40ish bus from Contemporary and we were usually sitting down by Pizzarizzo by 7:20 or so.

There's a lot less stress involved if you just want a BG in the morning and you're not trying to rope drop a ride.

I do not recommend the bus. The bus might come, but it might not. We waited for a bus that did not come and ended up in the park 3 minutes after opening (got to ride that day, but it was stressful).
If you have a car, control your own fate and drive.

I do not recommend the bus. The bus might come, but it might not. We waited for a bus that did not come and ended up in the park 3 minutes after opening (got to ride that day, but it was stressful).

Oh please don't tell me this! The bus is our only option, so now I am back to panic mode!! Do you think Uber is a better option?

Practiced for the second time this morning.

I don’t mean to be disrespectful, and maybe it’s just me, but it seems like the BG process is...actually not that difficult? Just be in the park before opening and have your phone ready to go the minute before.

I‘ve been stressing myself out reading these threads, but it really seems like things are going to be fine. Especially if I do HS my first day in case a disaster does indeed happen.

Am I wrong/naive?

Oh please don't tell me this! The bus is our only option, so now I am back to panic mode!! Do you think Uber is a better option?
I think it you aren't worried about getting there super early to be at the front of the pack, and it you are ok with cramming onto a bus if need be, then the bus will in all likelihood get you there in time to get a BG as long as you get to the bus stop crazy early to allow for any issues/full busses/etc. If you want to be at the front to rope drop I would schedule a lyft for between 6 and 6:30 on an 8 AM opening. That should get you there before the big backups for ride sharing occur, and give you time to get in and be reasonably toward the front for rope dropping a ride.

I think the only way to be sure of your arrival time is stay at the BW/BWV/BC/BCV/YC/S/D and walk. Then you control when you leave and how fast you go. But obviously that only works for those few (and expensive) resorts.

I don’t mean to be disrespectful, and maybe it’s just me, but it seems like the BG process is...actually not that difficult? Just be in the park before opening and have your phone ready to go the minute before.

I‘ve been stressing myself out reading these threads, but it really seems like things are going to be fine. Especially if I do HS my first day in case a disaster does indeed happen.

Am I wrong/naive?
It's not that it's hard at all. It's the possibility of an app glitch, wi-fi not working, button just not turning clickable, towers being overused, etc on the actual day of that is stressful. I've never had a problem with practice or on my one day of trying, but it was still stressful on the day of wondering if this could be the time I had a problem, and it will feel the same I'm sure on my next trip in April.

Uber is unlikely to have a car seat for the kiddo. Minnie Van does, but they don't start running until 6:30.

The bus will be fine, I was just there last week and the bus got us to HS in time for a BG every time we tried. It will not get you there in time to rope drop SDD in less than an hour though.

Am I wrong/naive?

It's not hard at all if you know what you're doing, are familiar with the process, and hopefully have 2 people in your party trying at the same time (to eliminate a software issue on 1 phone). We grabbed BG 40, 22, and 14 last week on 3 very busy days with no issue/drama at all.

I will say getting to ride ROTR the first full day we were there reduced the amount of stress during the trip a ton. Subsequent rides were just bonus.

Am I wrong/naive?
No, it's not too difficult. It's mostly that with all the planning already for WDW, a new procedure thrown into the mix seems overwhelming. The risk of not being able to ride has generally been exaggerated imho.

When Back-up BGs are lasting 10+ minutes there's not too much to worry because as long as you're in HS at park open you likely will be riding RoR. Last week however, when even those were gone in a couple minutes, that was more problematic because any little hiccup could have caused a guest to miss out.

I’ve never “practiced.” I have had glitches day of though. The first time it happened I didn’t think about force closing the app. Since I now know to do that, not much point in practicing.

Logged in to my sister-in-law’s MDE account today to practice getting a BG for their upcoming March trip (I will help from home). Wanted to make sure they were all listed correctly. Went through the process and got BG 29. Freaked out, as I wasn’t exactly sure how far in the process I could go. Was waiting for the app to tell me they were not in the park. Hoping I did not screw up anything for their upcoming trip. How far in the process can you go when practicing from home? Did I screw up any of their plans? 😳
This is what happened to me as well! I feel bad that I may have taken away from people there...

Am I wrong/naive?
Some days, everything works like it should, other days, the app freezes, doesn't display a Join Boarding Group button that is clickable, etc. It's just good to know what to do in each of these events should any of them happen while in the park.

Otherwise, it's become more of a game for those of us participating! :)

Am I wrong/naive?

Well, I practiced a lot before our January 25-February 1. We did two mornings getting ROTR boarding groups. The first went great, "join boarding group" button lit up red right at 7, got group 32. The second day, mine never lit up. Luckily my son got one as we were both trying for BGs both days. So I did the exact same thing both days, and once it just didn't work for some reason.

During Spring break March 21/22 (weekend) What time do you think I will need to be at the park to ensure I am in the gates by 8am to attempt to get a boarding group? thanks

MANY people have successfully taken the bus. Just leave enough time (at least an hour but preferrably more) to get to the park.
You can take a bus but if at all possible you want to be at the bus stop 90 mins prior to park opening. This will allow for lines at the bus stop, traffic, security, tapping in, etc. Less time that that does not mean you won't make it in by park opening, it just decreases the chances.

there is a big difference between practising at home with normal internet or wifi and being jammed in with 1000s of others . have you ever been to a packed sports event or new years eve and tried to use the internet or send a txt on your phone . often it will take a hour for you to recieve a txt sent to you or mins for your phone to update a web page . its all good if it works on perfect internet but being in the park on there wifi or trying to use same tower as everyone else can create problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter