READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a better strategy, Have only one person in your group try to get a BG or have everyone on their phones at 8:00 to try to get a BG for all? would this result in some overlap and possibly longer processing time with the Disney computer resulting in a later group or possibly no group at all? We're goiing to be ther on Sunday and want to make sure we get a BG.
Everyone who has a phone or iPad should try.

I've been trying to figure out exactly how to deal with getting to RoTR when we go in a few weeks (mid-March trip). We will be staying at BLT, DHS will be opening at 8am every day we are there, we have an 18 month old that will be with us in her stroller (obviously not going on the ride lol). I know we need to get there early and everything I've read said to not take bags, which can be hard to do with a toddler that is still very much in diapers still. I entertained the idea of taking a Minnie Van but not sure that makes sense because of the carseat situation. Would it be best for us to drive ourselves to the park and keep our bags in the car so that we don't need to go through the bag check line and then just go back to the car once we know if we have a boarding group or not???

If we do drive ourselves what time would be a good time to make sure we leave BLT by?

What's your goal that morning? do you want to rope drop something, or do you just care about getting a BG?

Minnie Vans don't start running until 6:30, and it's almost 40 bucks to get from BLT to HS. Our first bus was generally around 6:40 when we were there last week.

If you want to rope drop something you need to be there earlier than 7 (imo), so you'll need to drive. If you just want a BG, the bus will get you inside the park well before 8AM no problem.

What is a better strategy, Have only one person in your group try to get a BG or have everyone on their phones at 8:00 to try to get a BG for all? would this result in some overlap and possibly longer processing time with the Disney computer resulting in a later group or possibly no group at all? We're goiing to be ther on Sunday and want to make sure we get a BG.

The more the better. No negative impacts, only more opportunities for success.

If they're through all BGs by 3pm or so, I would not be surprised if they find a way to get some others on it for the last few hours.
I'm guessing there's a 0% chance that they get through all the BGs by 3 p.m. That would be a PR nightmare, so I'm guessing there will be significant "downtime" or "delays" that drag it out to 6 or later. No way they want to deal with the hordes of angry people that didn't get a BG.

I'm guessing there's a 0% chance that they get through all the BGs by 3 p.m. That would be a PR nightmare, so I'm guessing there will be significant "downtime" or "delays" that drag it out to 6 or later. No way they want to deal with the hordes of angry people that didn't get a BG.
That would really suck for those of us with backups though. I don’t think they’d purposefully take it offline since regular boarding groups were only 10-50 today.

my app is still weird. it dosent say back ups have been given out for the day... its just says I cant join at the moment... I can see the land is open and boarding groups are being called but not the usually screen when all BG have been given out

The screen you‘re describing sounds like what you get when you click My Status on the screen that shows what BGs are loading at a time when BGs are not available. Is the screen titled “Boarding Status”?

That would really suck for those of us with backups though. I don’t think they’d purposefully take it offline since regular boarding groups were only 10-50 today.
Sorry - don't mean to be so cynical. I hope they get through all the regular and back-up groups in a timely way! I just think if they finish too early in the day, it could be a disaster and something they would rather avoid...

Sorry if this has been recently discussed - I haven't been keeping up well with the day to day. I read the other day on another blog that many people have been having the glitch where you are scanned into the park, but for whatever reason, MDE doesn't recognize you as being scanned in and prevents you from getting the boarding group. The blog said to screenshot the error and proceed to Guest Services, who will put you into a boarding group - usually around the time you should have been assigned one, based on when you scanned in/tried to obtain it.

Just curious if this is the recommendation of everyone here as well who's had this happen? Are the Guest Services CMs doing this consistently for people not being recognized as scanned in, or is it discretionary?

I guess I don't understand the problem...if all of the boarding groups and backup groups are finished by 3pm, why not just open up more backup boarding groups?

They would not do this, imo. The ride is too flakey to play games with it in the way you describe. They will run it until it breaks down, then get it going again as quickly as possible. Every day there is a distinct possibility that the ride will be down too much for them to move everyone through. Why would they possibly take it offline on purpose and risk having REAL problems later in the day that then cause some groups to not get called?

reading the facebook comments on the ******************* post on this just shows how many people still really have no clue how the system works. There's a guy on there that says he's been in the park 20 times since Rise opened and has only rode it once. Just shows how low the % is of people that really do prepare properly. The KTP thread is a little less insane but still many many posts of people just not understanding

Okay, I haven't had a chance to practice this and don't have time to run through 600+ pages of comments, so if someonoe coule be so kind as to tell me which screen should I be on when the clock turns to 8:00. *o I start at the first page where there is a button that says "find out more", or on the second page where it says "Join Boarding Group" or should I be on the page after that where I select the members of my group? I don't want to have to click on any buttons unnecessarily and waste precious seconds when the clock turns over to 8:00.

We are leaving from NH in a couple of hours and tomorrow will be our first shot at getting a BG. I was feeling quite confident and the bam, this morning happened. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. We will be walking over from Boardwalk around 7am. My DH, DS, and myself. If you see us say hi!

Okay, I haven't had a chance to practice this and don't have time to run through 600+ pages of comments, so if someonoe coule be so kind as to tell me which screen should I be on when the clock turns to 8:00. *o I start at the first page where there is a button that says "find out more", or on the second page where it says "Join Boarding Group" or should I be on the page after that where I select the members of my group? I don't want to have to click on any buttons unnecessarily and waste precious seconds when the clock turns over to 8:00.

Open the app and don't touch anything else until 8. THEN click on "find out more".

Post # 1 of this thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter