• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We arrive in Orlando today... just not early enough for the one I got this morning! lol Hopefully tomorrow goes smooth for me!

We arrive tomorrow! Good luck, we head over on Saturday....eeek!
I have never had so much anxiety in my life! hahah, I told my gang of 7 grownups (that usually behave worse than toddlers mind you) that we are going to that park for all the rides, not just the one. And if we are able to snag a spot, then woohooo for us!

We arrive tomorrow! Good luck, we head over on Saturday....eeek!
I have never had so much anxiety in my life! hahah, I told my gang of 7 grownups (that usually behave worse than toddlers mind you) that we are going to that park for all the rides, not just the one. And if we are able to snag a spot, then woohooo for us!

We will also be there Saturday! I hope it’s enough time for them to fix this.

I know they were updating the system yesterday morning- I was attempting to get a dessert party in the MK and kept getting errors. I tried calling but the CM said all their reservation and booking systems were down while they were doing "magical" enhancements. Not sure that has a thing to do with this, but it is coincidental.

We are a drop in the bucket as far as the number of people practicing at home. What needs to be done is they fix it before tomorrow. I'll be amazed if they don't. Otherwise, the same thing is going to happen, regardless of what people who read here do.

While I usually agree with this point of view, we pulled ~25 real BGs today. That’s 25 groups of people in the park who may not have been able to get them. A drop in the bucket, yes, but it doesn’t hurt us at all to not practice for 1 day. It does hurt people in the park if they can’t get it fixed for some reason.
I think it’s reasonable for us to hold off for 1 day.

My friend Was “practicing” on the app this morning and also got a BG from 900 miles away. I read on Reddit about this happening too.

Just had a thought. If they don’t get through all the regular boarding groups today could people practicing from home that received a regular boarding group be given an automatic recovery ticket and FP?

Good catch! Good thing the regular BG are so low. 41 I think.

ETA: it’s 51 and they’re almost there

I've been trying to figure out exactly how to deal with getting to RoTR when we go in a few weeks (mid-March trip). We will be staying at BLT, DHS will be opening at 8am every day we are there, we have an 18 month old that will be with us in her stroller (obviously not going on the ride lol). I know we need to get there early and everything I've read said to not take bags, which can be hard to do with a toddler that is still very much in diapers still. I entertained the idea of taking a Minnie Van but not sure that makes sense because of the carseat situation. Would it be best for us to drive ourselves to the park and keep our bags in the car so that we don't need to go through the bag check line and then just go back to the car once we know if we have a boarding group or not???

If we do drive ourselves what time would be a good time to make sure we leave BLT by?

I've been trying to figure out exactly how to deal with getting to RoTR when we go in a few weeks (mid-March trip). We will be staying at BLT, DHS will be opening at 8am every day we are there, we have an 18 month old that will be with us in her stroller (obviously not going on the ride lol). I know we need to get there early and everything I've read said to not take bags, which can be hard to do with a toddler that is still very much in diapers still. I entertained the idea of taking a Minnie Van but not sure that makes sense because of the carseat situation. Would it be best for us to drive ourselves to the park and keep our bags in the car so that we don't need to go through the bag check line and then just go back to the car once we know if we have a boarding group or not???

If we do drive ourselves what time would be a good time to make sure we leave BLT by?

If you have a car, I would 100% recommend driving no matter the party make up. Relying on yourself is your best bet, IMO. I would not worry about bags. Unless you are concerned with getting to the front of the rope drop pack, it really doesn’t matter how fast you get in as long as you’re in on time.

My timing guess would be leave around 7. Someone who has experience doing it might be more helpful though.

And as a sidenote, Minnie Vans have car seats, couldnt tell if you knew that or not.

You can totally take a bag with you! Just get into the lines with bags and you'll be all set. Yes, the bagless line might be a bit shorter but there are far more lines for people that do have bags. just leave ample time to get through security and you'll be just fine!

Just had a thought. If they don’t get through all the regular boarding groups today could people practicing from home that received a regular boarding group be given an automatic recovery ticket and FP?
If this is Disney’s new way of doing things I would expect either they decrease the amount of non-backup BGs to make sure they don’t have to pay out or they just stop that practice.

I would leave by 630 because there are lineups at the parking entrance.

If you are there that early I wouldn’t worry about having bags, you will have plenty of time to get through the turnstiles.

Regular boarding groups only go to 51 today and they’re already on 48 so I don’t think this is likely to happen.

The fact that you will have a stroller probably makes the bags/no-bags argument moot anyway, as I'm pretty sure they'll want to take a look at it in the stroller security line regardless. Take the bags you need. With an 18-month-old, you can't afford to be without your supplies! :)

If you have a car and are already paying resort parking fees, I'd always drive no matter what. Park parking is free for onsite guests and i can't think of any instance where park transportation would be faster / better unless you are maybe CBR and can hope skyliner (which doesn't run early enough anyway)

What is a better strategy, Have only one person in your group try to get a BG or have everyone on their phones at 8:00 to try to get a BG for all? would this result in some overlap and possibly longer processing time with the Disney computer resulting in a later group or possibly no group at all? We're goiing to be ther on Sunday and want to make sure we get a BG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter