READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no reason to suspect they were "testing" an update. I think it far more likely that there were issues with communications between the park systems, perhaps the system that tells the BG system that people are scanned in wasn't responding, etc. - and the delays in starting boarding groups were probably for similar reasons.

I will only post once more, please consider not practicing from home. I won't respond to any more posts, agree or disagree, just realize that practicing from home DOES AFFECT the app. It just became more apparent today when it actually assigned BGs. Don't argue it here, go talk to an Imagineer who's working on this project. I'm sorry if I've clogged the feed, I just needed to get this out there. Back to lurking......
I understand your point and my previous post was not about you, it was other posts popping up. I can't say I agree or disagree with this point. But today was not people practicing at home fault, it was DIsney IT messing with the system that is working as best it can

They were obviously changing the code because this doesn't just happen out of the blue.

The question is why?

Is it because they were preparing to change the BG process (but didn't put the original code back in before it went live this AM)?

Or they were testing the software and something was accidentally deleted?

Option 1 seems more likely to me because most software coding platforms have logs that show changes and can easily be reverted back.

So then what are they attempting to change?

It will be interesting to see whether anyone who was not checked in at the park but still got a BG is able to come to the park and use it.

I can verify the GET lines I’ve seen (outside toy story land and RnRC) are at least 25 people/families deep. I’m not wasting my day doing that. I’ll keep my 90 and hope we ride sometime. We have hoppers. If we don’t get on I’ll talk to guest relations tonight

With all the BG that are "filled" with people that aren't in the parks, your #90 may be called much sooner than expected.

I will only post once more, please consider not practicing from home. I won't respond to any more posts, agree or disagree, just realize that practicing from home DOES AFFECT the app. It just became more apparent today when it actually assigned BGs. Don't argue it here, go talk to an Imagineer who's working on this project. I'm sorry if I've clogged the feed, I just needed to get this out there. Back to lurking......

Disney created this process which almost makes it necessary to practice. They could easily stop it if they desired.

I can verify the GET lines I’ve seen (outside toy story land and RnRC) are at least 25 people/families deep. I’m not wasting my day doing that. I’ll keep my 90 and hope we ride sometime. We have hoppers. If we don’t get on I’ll talk to guest relations tonight

On the bright side, later BG today might get loaded faster than normal (depending on reliability of course) because of the mess.

yes it is very likely you will ride today if you have a BG. People in the park who got a BG probably are very few.
enjoy the park :-)

CM here now telling people that the ride “just filled” and there’s nothing that can be done bc “all the spots are filled” and they can’t make more. She’s a manager.

That's um, not good guest recovery

So if 1/2 the spots got filled by people not there and if the ride runs well will they just turn stop running it at 2pm or whatever? (I am sure I am exaggerating impact, but you get the point)

It will be interesting to see whether anyone who was not checked in at the park but still got a BG is able to come to the park and use it.

I doubt the system can tell the difference, I don’t put that much faith in it. Crappy day to be in DHS, but what a lucky day for those trying from the hotel or the DISer who snagged one on the bus to AK.

and to be completely honest, if I had done my daily rounds of checking the app at 8am and gotten a bg, I would probably go there today. I blame my dog and his bodily function needs :D

ahaha, i'm the same, i'm off work today, but have a docs appointment at 10 which is why I didn't go. But past few days i've been practicing since I'll be having to select more people in a few weeks when friends come down. If I had just been doing what i've been doing past few days, I probably would be heading over later today if I had snagged one

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter