READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I have been reading this thread for months. I know no one other than DISers will understand, so I just had to vent here...

Arrived friday for a short girls weekend and to run the 10k. It was cold but I could see the weather was looking up! Froze our buns off but got the run done and hit MK for a bit yesterday but I was so ready for this monring at DHS!!

Woke up at 3:30 and started throwing up. 😭 I had to send my friend alone with instructions to get herself a BG and she got 92 and is now enjoying the parks while I lay in my coffin room at POFQ and feel sorry for myself that I only had 3 park days and at least 1 is ruined. I would have to make a pretty big turnaround to feel better enough tomorrow morning (last park day) to try to get a BG. So sad!

What makes it worse is that we literally lysol wiped down the room and every ride we went on yesterday my friend wiped down the railing too(she is verythough rough! Lol) first world SW problems!
My sympathies!! On one of our Dis cruises, my partner got sick around day 3 so confined himself to the cabin. The lowest point came when we docked at Castaway Cay, clear sunny skies graced by 75* temps and a slight breeze.....all to be enjoyed through our cabin window. Arggg. It helped to do a Classic dis movie marathon. All that 'feel good' ended up eclipsing the misery a bit. Speedy recovery to you!

We’re a group of ten, including my brother and sister and law, whose plans I “manage” in my MDE account, so we’re connected, but they also have their own account.
Basically, whomever is trying for all ten of you to get a BG together needs to be able to “see” all ten of you on MDE. So unless your brother and SIL are also connected to everyone then they will only be able to get BGs for whomever is on their list of friends and family.

@yulilin3 did you ask about how many BGs were given out today?

so its like getting a fastpass?? I have to add my husband and kids?

Yes. One thing I noticed when I did the practice this morning is it presents all of the family and friends I have ever gone to WDW with in the past. And those people that aren't going on our upcoming trip seemed to appear first so I had to scroll down to find my current party. So I went in later and removed all of these people who are not going on our upcoming trip to make it easier.

Mind blowing. Funny but it’s first thing I did then saw rest of land and rode Falcon. I did it backwards! Will definitely have brother do it again Tuesday.

Basically, whomever is trying for all ten of you to get a BG together needs to be able to “see” all ten of you on MDE. So unless your brother and SIL are also connected to everyone then they will only be able to get BGs for whomever is on their list of friends and family.

@yulilin3 did you ask about how many BGs were given out today?
Oooohhhh bad moderator :( i totally forgot and already left

Oooohhhh bad moderator :( i totally forgot and already left
You-Were-the-Chosen-One-Ewan-MacGregor-Star-Wars.gif

Reporting back, was first group loaded this morning at like 8:12. Amazing as usual :)
It's 12:00, they are boarding groups 38-66, back-ups started with group 64. Looking good so far today. :) :) :)

So, we seem to be continuing our run of good days. I've also noticed a general lack of recent reports regarding B-mode. Do we know (or assume?) that downtime and shutdowns are the cause for B mode? Or, to put it another way: Does/can B-mode still operate or "pinch hit" when the A-mode element goes down WITHOUT a substantial ride outage/downtime? Does consistent reliability mean constant A-mode?

So, we seem to be continuing our run of good days. I've also noticed a general lack of recent reports regarding B-mode. Do we know (or assume?) that downtime and shutdowns are the cause for B mode? Or, to put it another way: Does/can B-mode still operate or "pinch hit" when the A-mode element goes down WITHOUT a substantial ride outage/downtime? Does consistent reliability mean constant A-mode?

What is "a mode" and "b mode"? 1st I've seen this.

Hi all. My first post here. I have been following this thread for months in order to get prepared for a RotR Boarding Group. So I feel obliged to give you guys my experience of today:

7.10: Left Caribbean Beach Resort with Disney Transportation Bus (only stopped at Old Port Royale and it’s timing was not shown in the app (frustrating...)
7.20: at the Studios
7.30: inside the studios
8.00: got boarding group 3 (woah!!)
8.25: left the ride with awe (riding in A-mode)

Many thanks to all who contributed with tips to this thread and thus helping me experience this one of a kind ride.

Yes I would love to know too.
This should be discussed on a spoilers thread please. I know there are a and b modes, but I don't want to know what they are til after I've gone.

A mode is the attraction's intended "performance." B mode is what's substituted when the A mode doesn't work.

The classic example is the Yeti on Expedition Everest. When the ride first opened, the Yeti was fully illuminated, moving and actually swiped down toward the train (came pretty close to my head, it seemed!). Then the base began to crack, and the A mode was replaced by the B mode, which is a stationary Yeti illuminated by strobe lights to give it the effect of movement (Betty, the Disco Yeti).

10/10 and nobody wanted to ride RotR? I don't get it.

From my experience on days of Run Disney events (both as a participant and as a spectator/supporter) the crowd pattern is different on those days than others. The crowds at opening are lower at rope drop and then grow as more participants and their parties clean up and go to the parks.

I think Touring Plans calculates its ratings based on wait times more in the middle of the day (like 10-5?) so they aren’t going to catch differences in rope drop crowds.

As someone who will be there in late March, I would not plan on backup BGs lasting as long on those crowd 10 days as they did yesterday and today.

This should be discussed on a spoilers thread please. I know there are a and b modes, but I don't want to know what they are til after I've gone.
Honestly, I don't really remember what the difference between the 2 are either. I was just wondering if b mode still runs with good days like this run we've had. There were all sorts of reports of some elements missing a while ago, but none that we've seen here lately at all. No intention to actually have spoilers, just wondering if good runs like this week can still have a b mode pop up from time to time without incurring downtime for the attraction as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter