READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. Make sure you check in with us on Thursday morning. :cheer2:
Will do. Our first plan is Oga's at 9:45, so with the 8am open, I should have plenty of time to do so. No major concerns with the 2-hour returns. 10:40 Droid and 11:45 MFSR FP window makes that part of the morning tight, but I assume that if needed GET would be able to slide at least one of these to later, if needed. 5 of us, 4 trying, plus our TA helping from home. (The move from 7am openings to 8am definitely helps free up the TA from securing client FPs). But we plan to leave DHS, hop to Epcot for dinner and fireworks, so, we only have 3/4 of a day.

I just checked the Boarding, they are up to group 141 as of 6:33. :lovestruc :lovestruc
Yup. It's been stuck at 141 for a while. So, like last night, either it is done for the day or it is down....or just clearing out the queue. Let's see if they start calling some more and start pushing the hours. Maybe, maybe not. Still, a great day!

Yup. It's been stuck at 141 for a while. So, like last night, either it is done for the day or it is down....or just clearing out the queue. Let's see if they start calling some more and start pushing the hours. Maybe, maybe not. Still, a great day!
And now dashes. Guessing it's done for the day. 141 was the last group called. Easily the best day since switching to 8am openings, at least in terms of total BGs.

Ran the 5K this morning and was in one of the last groups to start. Bussed to Boardwalk after, then walked to HS. We were walking so fast that my Apple Watch asked if I was working out. Got through bag check and tapstiles smoothly and was in the park by about 7:50. Using park wi-fi I wound up with BG 110, so we’ll see how it goes. If I don’t get called, will head over again tomorrow before my MK day. Resting up at the hotel before Skylining back over.
Responding to my own post to say that my boarding group was called at 3:37, just as I had gotten in line at the Skyliner to go back to HS after lunch (during which I was monitoring MDE for BG numbers). Wow! It totally lived up to the hype.

Been practicing at home. After hitting "Join Boarding Group", is there any way to have the app default to "select all" of your group?

Thanks to everyone on this thread for all the great info!

Has anyone had any luck with taking screenshots of error messages of MDE boarding group issues right after park opening and then talking to a GET who has pity and gives your family a boarding group anyway?

I did this on Thursday 2/20 and it did not work, though I think it has worked for some people. Before rejecting me they did scan our MBs so I don't know if there is some kind of behind-the-scenes Disney calculus to when this might work, or if they've just stopped, or if it's really just total luck of the draw there.

If you try this just please be polite and kind no matter what the answer is; I can't imagine how many times a day these CMs are getting shouted and tantrummed at given the length of the GET lines after park opening.

I would also like to add that this should give hope to everyone who may not be technologically inclined. My wife had not practiced and really knows nothing about MDE. I always make all the plans yet even she was able to do it.

Makes me think Disney should do a take on that old Geico commercial

"Getting a boarding group on MDE is so easy, even my wife can do it!"

Trying for a boarding pass tomorrow and I just realized the 10K will be happening!! We are at a monorail resort. Is this going to affect the time it takes to get to HS via a Lyft? I can’t believe I just thought of this!!!!!!

We are leaving for WDW in a week, will be there for 8 days, 3 of those being HS days, including March 4th! I've been following this forum for about a month now and the last few days have been a real relief to see that the ride is capable of performing well. We're hoping for at least one full "experience". Fingers crossed! Thanks to all for sharing your experiences and tips on obtaining a BG!

Have 3 of us in my party this visit. I have been the main planner. So my questions are: Is it really okay for the other two to also try to get BGs at the same time I am doing so? Also, silly question HOW do I put them on "my" DME so that they could add all three of us? Confused. Once "Check Status:" is red during that one minute chance to get on is this the only button I have to push or do I have to push "Join Boarding Group? Been practicing daily w my old cell and so far so good...I think?

Just got home from WDW, wanted to share my gratitude to you all for the intel or else our perfect Star Wars day wouldn't have happened! Here's how the day went down.

My wife, daughter and I visited HS on Wednesday, 2/19. Every park was packed all week, believe the Presidents Day week crowd projections, they were spot on. Being our 5th year in a row visiting, my family has a pretty good handle on how to navigate all things Disney parks. Having visited so many times it also allowed us to focus on specific things versus trying to cover too much of the parks.

Left Beach Club on foot at 6:50am and got to HS about 7:10am. STAY RIGHT STAY RIGHT STAY RIGHT at Security and we got in the park at 7:25am.

Headed right up Sunset and found a nice spot behind the DVC booth, sitting on the wall behind it (next to a CM entrance). Hundreds gathered further up Sunset and piled in the street. I don't see that (piling together) as a good signal strategy, but to each their own. I also had a hunch there would be a wifi router or extender in the CM area we were sitting in front of.

Wife and I were logged into park wifi, iPhone 7 plus. Between 3-4 bars the entire time we sat there. At 7:57, we opened our MDE apps, and clicked Find Out More and then My Status. Our strategy was to start at 7:59 (wife was peeping seconds on her Apple watch) and do a pull down refresh on the Boarding Status page, check results, then hit the back arrow, check results, hit My Status, pull down refresh on Boarding Status page, back arrow, rinse repeat. We started right at 7:59 and after 3 rotations we both got the Join Boarding Group after hitting the back arrow on the same rotation. I was a bit quicker and got BG 47 (BG 45 was first backup group issued).

Once our BG was secured, wifey headed to Starbucks for caffeine and calories for the gang while my daughter and I headed straight to Jedi Training signups at about 8:20. Line was about 15 minutes and only shows after 1pm were available, we picked 3pm. We fueled up in front of the lake and headed to Launch Bay. Vader line was a solid 45 and frankly I thought the visit was super rushed once we got in. After that killed some time shopping and a visit with Olaf then headed to Star Tours (11:30 FastPass) when I got the notification at 11:47 that we were ready to board Rise. Hopped off Star Tours and straight to GE. Didn't even look around as I walked in because I was too amped about RoTR. Walked in at Noon and was SERIOUSLY surprised how quickly we got on the ride from that point. It was no more than 25 minutes before we were fully on the ride. I expected a bit more queuing to be honest.

As for the ride, it truly is a masterpiece. If I'm a Universal exec I'd be pretty worried - LOL.

Got off Rise about 12:40pm perfectly in time for our Oga's ADR at 1pm. Oga's is super fun, got out of there about 2:10 and headed straight back to the Lake for Jedi Training checkin at 2:30pm. My daughter whooped Vader's butt while the wife and I started feeling the heat. Headed straight after to our favorite cooldown spot with Muppets and snagged a 4:15 table at Mama Melroses.

After some Sunday gravy, headed back to GE for more exploring and MFSR (5:30pm FastPass) before closing the night in Toy Story land (6:30pm TSM FastPass).

For what it's worth, I don't think wifi vs data is a differentiator. I'd say get to a clearing early, figure out how your phone is performing best and ride with it. The "cycle" strategy seemed to work because we were already in the flow when the clock ticked 8am. From what I heard regular BGs were gone in 20 seconds and backups in 90 so we considered ourselves pretty damn lucky.

May the force be with you all in your travels to ride this ride!!

We went yesterday, Friday 21st. Me and Jennifer are silver passholders. My mom and nephew used Florida Discovery 3day tickets and linked them to our Fort Wilderness 5 day camping stay. Drove my truck. Got to HS at 7:20am. Got through at 7:43am. Temp is 51 and wind 15 to 20 gusts. Plan was to try Millennium first. Nope. Sea of people at entrance of Galaxy's Edge, backed all the way up to exit shop of Star Tours. Had FP for rocking coaster at 8:05, so went back. Used all 4 phones. 2 samsung 9+, Samsung 7, and iPhone (no wifi.) Got bg25. Called at 9:20am. Waited 5min. Ride was perfect.

We went yesterday, Friday 21st. Me and Jennifer are silver passholders. My mom and nephew used Florida Discovery 3day tickets and linked them to our Fort Wilderness 5 day camping stay. Drove my truck. Got to HS at 7:20am. Got through at 7:43am. Temp is 51 and wind 15 to 20 gusts. Plan was to try Millennium first. Nope. Sea of people at entrance of Galaxy's Edge, backed all the way up to exit shop of Star Tours. Had FP for rocking coaster at 8:05, so went back. Used all 4 phones. 2 samsung 9+, Samsung 7, and iPhone (no wifi.) Got bg25. Called at 9:20am. Waited 5min. Ride was perfect.
Glad you were able to get a BG. Which of your phones got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter