READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's had 2 days od great performance, they're upping the capacity, which is why bg lasted longer today

Maybe. But there were 133 or so BGs reserved yesterday which were all gone in 3 minutes and 5 minutes for some reason today. I'm guessing they do not reserve much more than that as they proved yesterday was probably a max capacity day.

This is exactly what happened to me, although I closed and restarted the app quickly enough to get to the Not So Fast screen by 8:00:40 without getting the backup group pop up. I then was able to close the app and go through the process several times before the backup groups stopped at about 8:05.

On a few attempts, after entering the boarding group, I got the message about having trouble connecting. I had to hit the retry button there (some times more than once) to get to the Not So Fast screen.

Two straight days of less than smooth sailing through the process.

I think I was so shocked that my usual method didn't work that I wasn't fast enough with force closing the app (tried to refresh too many times). Shows how important it is to practice so that your brain doesn't freeze when these glitches happen! Also THANK YOU to everyone on this thread, I would never have even considered force closing the app before reading all these tips, I would just desperately refresh over and over :worship:

Maybe. But there were 133 or so BGs reserved yesterday which were all gone in 3 minutes and 5 minutes for some reason today. I'm guessing they do not reserve much more than that as they proved yesterday was probably a max capacity day.
I'm hoping those there now could ask CM how many bg they gave out today and we will know for sure. They were giving out less bg when the ride had a string of bad days, it has happened since it opened. On it's best day the attraction has gone through 222 bg

I know the standard wisdom is to have everyone signed in to the same MDE account. Has anyone tried it from different accounts? What was your experience?
DH and I both have separate MDE accounts and we each try to get the boarding group from our individual accounts. It works just fine to do it that way. He usually gets in first even though he is not obsessed like me and doesn't practice. ;)

Working from home today:
I opened the atomic clock website on my laptop
I opened the MDE app on both my iPhone SE and my iPad
I hit the find out more button on both devices a few seconds before 8am
I made absolutely sure that I did not the My status button on my iPhone before 8:00:00am
I hit the join boarding group button on my iPhone at 8:00:01 or 02 and I got the red button to join boarding groups right away
this is the second time I waited a few seconds after 8:00 and the button was red and I got in right away - so that is my new plan for when we are in the park March 3rd

My iPad glitched today. I think I hit the my status button a little early. I had to go back and forth, trying to get the join boarding group to work. I finally backed all the way out to the find out more page, back in, and was able to join a backup group around 8:03. This was the fourth time I used the iPad but the first time it glitched.

According to the atomic clock that I had open on my laptop, regular boarding groups were full at 8:00:53

In addition to the weather that could have a small impact... Another impact factor is good days building on good days. This results in less expected recovery FPs. AND It also can result in less disappointed people back for another try. A streak of bad days will cause more and more people (especially those with hoppers and APs) to come give it another go in hopes of different results.

EDIT: We have no insight into how they would measure or factor recovery FPs into the # of BGs they release but you’d have to figure they do.

Last edited:
I know a lot of people talk about pushing "Find Out More" right at 8:00:00 but I have had unbelievable success (all practice not actual) pushing "Find Out More" at 8:00:02 in fact the only time I had to use the "My Status" button because "Join Boarding Groups" was not red was the time I pushed "Find Out More" around 8:00:00-8:00:01
I said this many pages ago. Better to be a few seconds late than one second early in my experiences!

another glitchy day practicing. had to force close the app to be able to join.
and had several attempts with something gone wrong, or the red, done distributing message.
I think many people had that too and it explains why BGs and backups didn't go as fast. they could have added more capacity & servers too, which might have contributed to the glitches.

Wife and I both have separate accounts. We both tried, I got in first, therefore she could not since I added her to my BG. Not sure what you're hoping to learn from your question, maybe I misunderstood
Just wondering how everyone is approaching it because I have seen it mentioned several times that everyone should log in to the same account, and I’m wondering if that is actually accurate or has an impact on getting BGs.

Just wondering how everyone is approaching it because I have seen it mentioned several times that everyone should log in to the same account, and I’m wondering if that is actually accurate or has an impact on getting BGs.
In the case of @KMWoolley they have different accounts but manage each other plans, which is how one could log in and get bg for both of them
What is not recommended is having different accounts and not managing each others plans, so maybe a group of 3, each has a different account and each can only book for themselves, the odds are great that a) they won't be in the same bg and b) some might not even make it into a bg

Ran the 5K this morning and was in one of the last groups to start. Bussed to Boardwalk after, then walked to HS. We were walking so fast that my Apple Watch asked if I was working out. Got through bag check and tapstiles smoothly and was in the park by about 7:50. Using park wi-fi I wound up with BG 110, so we’ll see how it goes. If I don’t get called, will head over again tomorrow before my MK day. Resting up at the hotel before Skylining back over.

In the case of @KMWoolley they have different accounts but manage each other plans, which is how one could log in and get bg for both of them
What is not recommended is having different accounts and not managing each others plans, so maybe a group of 3, each has a different account and each can only book for themselves, the odds are great that a) they won't be in the same bg and b) some might not even make it into a bg
Right ok. So as long as you can see each other in MDE it doesn’t really matter if you’re in your own accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter