READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Practicing from home. I was able to get through one time and when I backed out like I usually do in practice I got the red "experience not admitting more guests error" so I force closed the app and reopened it. Was still 7:00 on my phone and boarding group button was greyed out and appeared to have "sold out" of all boarding groups before 7:01. Interesting that others were still getting backups until 8:03.

I had one of those ”what the heck” moments during my test today. After I selected myself and the other two members of my family who will be with me in March, it took several seconds longer than normal for the “Not so fast” screen to load. When it did load, in addition to the page correctly noting that my daughters were not in the park, it said that I did not have valid park admission for today, which is wrong because I have an active AP. So, I backed out and tried again and the second time I was back on the normal“not in the park“ list.

Another reminder that, no matter how many times you practice, you have to be mentally prepared to be faced with unexpected screens and do your best to react quickly and plow ahead.

As the one that saw done at 45 seconds, what I did was force closed the app after I went through once. It usually helps to do that to identify when main groups are gone. Today however, the join buttons were no longer active when the app came back up at 45 seconds after. Maybe my phone was glitchy. Glad it stayed active longer for most of you 😁

I saw all groups gone by 45 seconds after 8 today. Didn't even see the backup group wait show up.
I saw a new, weird thing happen. At 8:00:40-45, the app said no more more groups, buttons faded. THEN, the red button AND the my status “join” button both reactivated for backups. So, there seemed to be a 3-4 second beat between regular boarding groups and backups. Never seen that before.

My DH and I both practiced from home again today. It was a mess! We both have practiced before but today, after one seemless run through, I kept getting either the “something went wrong“ message or the red message saying “no new guests“, even after rebooting the app. DH got the “something went wrong” from the get-go and even after rebooting the app, continued to get the message. DH was on our home WiFi. I was on data.

An interesting practice session this morning. I got a red error popup at the bottom of my screen at some point but I was toggling so fast I missed what it said. My stats are a little off today because I kept going back in to see if I could get a BG and I think I didn't have the "Est Wait Time" of "Backups" until 8:01. And then I was still toggling, think that's when I got the red pop up the first time, I got a couple of "Something went wrong" pop up, went back and was able to get back into selecting people for a BG, got the red error two more times and took a screenshot for research purposes.
View attachment 475198
so it would seem like I was in a loop where I was getting this message and yet could back out and try again. Not sure what I would have gotten for a BG. I did not get the “all gone” until sometime after 8:03.

Notably, I realized yesterday that I had always been practicing on WiFi - either at home or in my office. So I turned that off today and only have two bars - a good stress test. And it clearly lead to different results. But seeing some of the other experiences this morning, it wasn't just me. How interesting.
Same thing happened to me. The first time I got the red box message I didn’t have a chance to read it, but time wise it seems to have popped up when the regular BGs were all gone. Two minutes later, it showed up again when backups were gone. I also got the “something went wrong” message each time I Went through the process between regular BGs being gone and backups being gone.

Practice from home went smoothly again today. Had to click my status to get the button but made it to "is everyone in the park" twice. 3rd time got the red box that said no more Bg's. that was at 8:00:45.

This was my experience today too. Seems like fewer BGs and more back ups today since backups lasting longer than yesterday? Once backups started, I was getting a “trouble connecting” message every time I tried to get a BG but when I tried a second time it would go through to the “you’re not in the park” message.

Got that trouble connecting messages as well. Maybe thats there reason BG were able to book that "long". :D

Anyway, didnt realise that 3 minutes could be that long. :D

As the one that saw done at 45 seconds, what I did was force closed the app after I went through once. It usually helps to do that to identify when main groups are gone. Today however, the join buttons were no longer active when the app came back up at 45 seconds after. Maybe my phone was glitchy. Glad it stayed active longer for most of you 😁
Yeah, I think if you had tried again you might have gotten a red button again.

From our experiences at home, sometimes the app does seem to cache screens, so you can continue to see that there are groups available even when they are already gone. That's not something to worry about the actual day you are trying to grab a BG for real, but for those of us just practicing and jotting down times, that does play a role sometimes in the time differences people see.

Sort of strange app activity for me this AM. Regulars went away in about 40 seconds, then there was a good nearly 45-60 second pause where nothing was available.... some more toggles and it eventually came on for backups, which lasted until 8:03 and 30'ish seconds.

My Status and create your party clicks had longer spinning circles of death than prior mornings.

As always, YMMV.
This is probably what mine was doing. I just didn't toggle back n forth.

45 seconds. Wow.
Practicing from home. I was able to get through one time and when I backed out like I usually do in practice I got the red "experience not admitting more guests error" so I force closed the app and reopened it. Was still 7:00 on my phone and boarding group button was greyed out and appeared to have "sold out" of all boarding groups before 7:01. Interesting that others were still getting backups until 8:03.
Question for those of you that saw that it was "sold out" before 8:01, would you have been able to back track to either the home page or the "Find Out More" page to try again? I see you did force close the app to try again, but that, clearly, would have been the difference between regular vs. backups. Even after I got the red error popup, I was able to hit back and try again.

At 7:59 I opened the app. At exactly 8:00 I hit “find out more”. It took maybe 3 seconds for that next screen to load at all. I honestly don’t remember whether I hit “my status” or “join boarding group” first. Once I did hit join boarding group, I got a screen telling me to link my tickets. No friends and family appeared. I took a screenshot and was prepared to go to a GET. I hadn’t encountered this in any of the times I’ve practiced over the last week. Luckily, my mom was able to secure boarding group 25 on her phone, so I’m good. Does anyone know if I did anything wrong?View attachment 475196
Do you have the most updated version of the app? When I updated to 5.8, the app dropped everything, my tickets, FPs, everything but my room reservation, even though I was logged in. I had to delete and reload the app. They made 5.8.1 available last week (current update) seems to be much better than 5.8. Maybe that’s part of your problem? But be aware that some people have found that ANY update can be bad, especially for older phones.

Agreed it was strange today, got this message when regulars went out
View attachment 475199
Following from home....just because :) (although.....I'm hoping to do this again later this year)

This is the red message I've been getting this week which seems to be new? Very different than when we were in the park a few weeks ago. I read that pop up as meaning backups are gone (since this message has been appearing, I've not seen the "you are now joining a backup group" pop up I'd get previously.) Clearly, that wasn't the case since Backups lasted longer today per so many reports.

Today, I opened the app at 7:59, clicked "find out more" exactly at 8, and like yesterday, the "join a boarding group" button was greyed out (this is new for me, until very recently that button was always clickable). So, I clicked "my status" and I think I would have been able to get a BG, at least once, maybe 2x, before this red "not admitting new guests" popped up (and this would have been at about that 45 second mark people are reporting).

Updated the app (I didn't do it with the last 1 or 2 updates

Last edited:
Do you have the most updated version of the app? When I updated to 5.8, the app dropped everything, my tickets, FPs, everything but my room reservation, even though I was logged in. I had to delete and reload the app. They made 5.8.1 available last week (current update) seems to be much better than 5.8. Maybe that’s part of your problem? But be aware that some people have found that ANY update can be bad, especially for older phones.
I do have the newest version and am on an iPhone 11.

Practice session at home was rough. Couldn’t even get the sign in to work at 7.55. Eventually got it to sign in by going on home WiFi. Then, had multiple red pop ups saying not admitting new guests, to refresh and then get a group. All of party also didn’t show up in my app til 8:01.

I think the frustrating part is the inconsistency, as I’ve practiced multiple times at home to prep for my trip next week. I feel like it’s all a crapshoot at this week and will depend solely on how well the app is working for me the morning we go.
Same experience here. 2nd day of practice and I got similar messages. I feel bad now, trying and thinking that I might be adding to the load the app can handle, considering I am not even at the park. I will just stop and leave it for the day.

Let’s be honest...how many of us are sitting here right now wondering what happened to @blistex and family??? I feel like there was an epic cliffhanger to the last episode and I’m ready to tune in for the heartwarming finale!!!
Yes!! We're pulling for you @blistex!!! Did the kids rally??? Did DH ever make it? We're tuned in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter