READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
just wondering, are Mondays characteristically slightly better for a chance in getting back up BGs (as today seems to be compared to the last few days). Is it because weekends are worse or is it just all over the place with no real logic/pattern?
Weekdays are always better than weekends, but with the holiday weekend and shorter hours, this weekend seemed to be madness. Check back throughout the week and next week and we should see a little less crazy.

Just got an alert that they’re extending park hours at HS to 9 tonight
We headed straight to MFSR and walked off at 8:35.

they haven’t called any BG yet this morning though, hope it gets sorted soon

Did you get a push notification or something? I see the update in the app but didn't get an alert

It has pretty much been all over the place. You can find a few Mondays to support your observation, but then plenty that don't. Having sorted and sliced this stuff in various ways, it is very difficult to find any sort of trend one way or the other. The two main variables - just where they have the Backup BG count pegged for conditions and park hours that day (supply), as well as the actual guest count in the park that morning (demand) are just too highly variable.
Weekdays are always better than weekends, but with the holiday weekend and shorter hours, this weekend seemed to be madness. Check back throughout the week and next week and we should see a little less crazy.

thanks guys :thumbsup2 I was just wondering whether to change my planned HS park day from a Wednesday to a Monday, but if there is no pattern or logic I'll stick with my current itinerary for now and see how the next few weeks pan out.

Congrats to the folks who were successful today! I get super nervous just practicing at home so can't imaging what the countdown from 7:59-8am is like at crunch time in the park :scared:

A warning for people while waiting inside the park for BG/Rope Drop - there are automated messages made on the 5's (7:35, 7:45, 7:55) that promote the new RotR ride. Don't get sucked in when they say "Rise of the Resistance is now open...although it is amusing watching people around you panic thinking that means BG's are now open!

A warning for people while waiting inside the park for BG/Rope Drop - there are automated messages made on the 5's (7:35, 7:45, 7:55) that promote the new RotR ride. Don't get sucked in when they say "Rise of the Resistance is now open...although it is amusing watching people around you panic thinking that means BG's are now open!
What is the point of this promotion? Do they really want someone who wasn’t aware of Rise to then think, “Ooh, what’s this new ride? Should we give that a shot today, kids?” :confused3

Other than the “bragging rights” of getting a low number, and proving that you’ve got fast fingers, a fast phone, a small boarding group, or just plain dumb luck, I don’t see much advantage in getting a single digit number over one in the top 40 or so if you were planning on spending a few hours at DHS anyway.

It seems like the ride always has at least one delay or breakdown in the morning and sometimes it’s the folks with the lowest BGs who get evacuated. After the craziness of the “lottery”, I’d be just as happy to do that first ride that I lined up for an hour before opening, and take my time using my 3 FPs while keeping an eye on how the ROTR boarding is going.
Maybe one smallish perk - Low Boarding Groups are given a 1 hour window (vs 2), which translates to lower potential lines. I had Group 5, ride was broken down when I arrived and we were told we could wait or come back at any time during the day. We decided to eat then wait; we boarded before any more Groups got called. We barely had any wait beyond walking through the queue at that point.

Later Groups have a 2 hour window plus any who couldn't ride during their window due to Breakdowns.

Our report from yesterday. Level 10 crowds. 1st visit to Galaxys edge for us. DH,DS17,DS13 and myself. 3 iPhone 11s & 1 iPhone 6. 6:10am Arrived at DHS (8:55 ADR at Ogas and wanted to rope drop MFSR before breakfast) We lined up at the furthest right tapstile. Our tapstile scanner seemed to move slower than others at park open. Around 15 people were in the tapstile line ahead of us.
Three of us had 5.7v of app. I had 5.8.1v. All on cellular data AT&T. All opened app between 7:57-7:58 and waiting on “find out more” screen until 8.
Waited at tunnel entrance to Galaxys Edge in a huge crowd. DS13 on his 6 had to force close app at 8. The other three of us were able to get active buttons. I received the Error message that members of my party were not in the park. DS17 got BG11. More proof that a teenager will always get it. He’d practiced once the morning before. We had finished riding MFSR by 8:55 and made it to our Ogas res 2 min late. We were allowed in. After ogas we went to Rise. It went down during our first attempt to ride and we were given FPP to return later. We went back early afternoon and rode Using our FPP. No further problems. We had one day tickets and spent over 16 hours in the park yesterday. It was a VERY long day. Even with tremendous crowds all went very well. I would not recommend this long day for everyone. We used all 3 of our FPP before 12 and were able to pick up two additional FPP throughout the day. We also rode MFSR twice, Star tours twice & ToT. We saw Frozen & Indiana Jones using FPP too. We did Savis, DD and the dessert party, but nothing in Toy Story Land. Good Luck to all! Thanks to all the help and advice from this thread!!!!

I have BG12 and I don't know what to do lol. I'm just strolling around Galaxys Edge with a blue milk in hand watching all the chaos. If I had a later BG I would take the skyliner to Epcot. I just want to ride and park Hop to AK. I don't want to be here all day!
It should be open....they just got in with fp.

My morning: Pre-Booked an Uber for 6:00 at Riviera. It arrived slightly late and arrived at HS 6:25. I recommend ordering for a little while before you really want to depart. Right through bag check. Lines at turnstiles already to the booths. 7am followed to GE. Sat on the curb with full bars Verizon LTE. Opened app at 7:57a and signed in fresh. WiFi & Powersave off. Find Out More at 8am and half a second. Full red and BG 12. I have practiced the 8am and half a tick for a week and has been fool proof. Rope Dropped MFSR and off that in 1/2 hour. Place was packed this morning and bogged down now.View attachment 473976
Update: today 2/17 users the same method and snagged BG 15!38FE2147-2202-4AF9-A939-A0C4A9F56882.png

Our report from yesterday. Level 10 crowds. 1st visit to Galaxys edge for us. DH,DS17,DS13 and myself. 3 iPhone 11s & 1 iPhone 6. 6:10am Arrived at DHS (8:55 ADR at Ogas and wanted to rope drop MFSR before breakfast) We lined up at the furthest right tapstile. Our tapstile scanner seemed to move slower than others at park open. Around 15 people were in the tapstile line ahead of us.
Three of us had 5.7v of app. I had 5.8.1v. All on cellular data AT&T. All opened app between 7:57-7:58 and waiting on “find out more” screen until 8.
Waited at tunnel entrance to Galaxys Edge in a huge crowd. DS13 on his 6 had to force close app at 8. The other three of us were able to get active buttons. I received the Error message that members of my party were not in the park. DS17 got BG11. More proof that a teenager will always get it. He’d practiced once the morning before. We had finished riding MFSR by 8:55 and made it to our Ogas res 2 min late. We were allowed in. After ogas we went to Rise. It went down during our first attempt to ride and we were given FPP to return later. We went back early afternoon and rode Using our FPP. No further problems. We had one day tickets and spent over 16 hours in the park yesterday. It was a VERY long day. Even with tremendous crowds all went very well. I would not recommend this long day for everyone. We used all 3 of our FPP before 12 and were able to pick up two additional FPP throughout the day. We also rode MFSR twice, Star tours twice & ToT. We saw Frozen & Indiana Jones using FPP too. We did Savis, DD and the dessert party, but nothing in Toy Story Land. Good Luck to all! Thanks to all the help and advice from this thread!!!!
Thanks for your update! I have been very curious as to how much can actually be accomplished throughout on a really crowded day so I appreciate those details!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter