• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I'm a lurker and found this amazing thread a few days ago. Thank you everyone for the tips, and please bear with me if I'm asking a question that has been answered already:
We will have 3 cell phones (my husband, son, and I)... can I have everyone logged into the same account to join the BG?
We only have one account (mine), and they're showing as my party.

Not sure if I should create different users for husband and son, have each account linked to show us as a party, and have everyone try from their own account.

Does it matter?

Thanks. I look forward to reporting my FIRST trip ever, in about 3 weeks.
Just have everyone log into your account. I would not have them make their own and try to link them, much more room for error as IME that doesn't always go smoothly without some IT help and major phone time.

Hello, longtime lurker and decided to share my RotR experience. First off thanks to everyone on this forum for the valuable and detailed information, pretty much essential in my opinion.

1st Day - Feb 7th, 8am open, called Uber 6.40 (Lyft seemed flaky) arrived at park 6.45. Group 12 for 2 people. Got called 8.30am return by 10.30am. Delayed boarding, queued for 1h15 and rode complete ride
2nd Day - Feb 10th, 8am open, Uber arrived at park 7am. Group 14 for 3 people. Called 8.30am return by 10.30am. Rode almost complete ride with 5 minutes of queuing.
3rd Day - Feb 13th, 8am open, Uber arrived at park 7am. Group 12 for 3 people. Called 9.50am return by 11.50am. Ride broke down and issued FP+. Kept checking but ride seemed to be down until 3.30pm. We had plans at 5 and used the FP for MFSR as we hadn’t braved the 60+ minute queues yet.

We were through the turnstiles at around 7.10-7.15am all 3 days. I used the same method to get a boarding group each time. iPhone 11 power save off, WiFi off, closed unnecessary apps. Opened MDE 5 minutes before 8am then modified an existing FP+ and cancelled the change in an attempt to register we were in the park. Then the 2 most important things in my opinion:
1. A Minute or so before 8am made sure app didn’t sleep (so your session with the server stays active)
2. I only clicked “Find out more” after 8.00 exactly. (Don’t overthink this, it’s a server designed to respond at a certain time). I didn’t click before 8 at all. If I didn’t get a red “join” immediately, I hit “my Status” and was able to join.

I saw people around me manically refreshing, clicking “find out more” before 8, closing/opening apps etc. I think all this does is mess up the session based communication between your app and the server. That’s my theory at least and it worked for my small group.

Was it all worth it though? 6 months ago I knew we would probably have to get up early each day to do RotR and geared most of the planning around early starts. I booked any ADRs for 5pm. I bought 2 days of MK EMHs for me and my daughter. I was also fortunate enough to catch when the HS park hours changed and got several early SDD FPs. We stayed offsite so 30 day FP+s. We had 10 days total at the parks (We are not based in the US so a visit every couple of years). Even trying to keep routines/bedtimes early and having rest days in between, I could see my eager 6 year old struggling in the last 3-4 days, we had to cut down to half a day or less and cancel things.
Given the effort, money, general family exhaustion and mixed results with ‘Rise (or insert new ride with BG here) I cant say that I would take this approach again. Without the SDD FPs and Ogas Cantina they would have been long rather uneventful days at HS. I am guessing this will improve a bit after MMRR opens and queues are dispersed a bit more
My advice would be if you are going for any length of time, get HS/RotR done early in the trip and plan later starts for the rest.
After all this you want to know my daughter’s favourite ride of the trip? Tower of Terror.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I'm a lurker and found this amazing thread a few days ago. Thank you everyone for the tips, and please bear with me if I'm asking a question that has been answered already:
We will have 3 cell phones (my husband, son, and I)... can I have everyone logged into the same account to join the BG?
We only have one account (mine), and they're showing as my party.

Not sure if I should create different users for husband and son, have each account linked to show us as a party, and have everyone try from their own account.

Does it matter?

Thanks. I look forward to reporting my FIRST trip ever, in about 3 weeks.
Another vote for everyone logged into yours. Don't change anything now. My DH does have his own account and is linked to mine. I plan to have my daughter logged in as me as our third. Good luck and have a great trip!!

Here now...what time do they start letting people in the park?

Nvrmd - 7:00 and they are letting us in. I thought the tapstiles opened earlier...
Actually I was going to ask this question this morning. Wondering how early we would want to be there to be at the front of the pack. What time did you arrive and how many people were already there?

And good luck at 8! MTFBWY!!

Actually I was going to ask this question this morning. Wondering how early we would want to be there to be at the front of the pack. What time did you arrive and how many people were already there?

And good luck at 8! MTFBWY!!

thanks! We arrived around 6:50, through the tapstiles around 7:10. We stayed right at every opportunity, and I think it was beneficial. I was really worried when the crowds weren’t being let in, but we got in and aren’t too far from the front of the crowd going into TSL.

thanks! We arrived around 6:50, through the tapstiles around 7:10. We stayed right at every opportunity, and I think it was beneficial. I was really worried when the crowds weren’t being let in, but we got in and aren’t too far from the front of the crowd going into TSL.
And are you going to try SDD first? That's the ride I'm considering doing at RD for our first HS day as I dropped it for MMRR.

Tried again this morning and my app is loading so slow that by the time I was in, it was in backup groups. Hoping the rest of my group's phones perform better! It's been a consistent problem since the app updated.

Just had my first successful practice run!! Whoo hoo!!

Now, who wants to take bets on if I"ll get the teens to participate without complaining in "lessons" on how to join a boarding group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter