• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thanks! If that's the case, I may have her attempt it with my last gen iPad. She has an iPhone 6 that can be very temperamental and is kind of on its last legs. Mine is an iPhone 11 Pro and I get very good service in the parks with Verizon as long as I'm not in those "dead spots" where nobody gets service. The iPad usually gets left in the room safe but hopefully it'll help.

I wouldn't count out that iPhone 6, when I went to the ride opening as Disneyland, both days it was my older iPhone 7 that was successful at getting a the red button (and then a BG) over newer phones.

You could still try the iPad also... I'd try from home first and see how that seems. I was working two phones, I wouldn't recommend more than two devices though as you lose focus.

Sorry, one more question. I’ve seen people say to close out of the app and open it exactly at park opening time. When I click on the app to open it, it takes me at least 10 seconds (maybe more) to get past the initial “Walt Disney world” screen with the castle. There’s no possible way that can be what I should do, right? I feel like I should have the app already open and just keep clicking “find out more” and refreshing until opening time. Is that right?

Yes, I would have the app already open. I would NOT, however, click ANYTHING else until 8:00 AM or whatever time the park opens that morning.

Sorry, one more question. I’ve seen people say to close out of the app and open it exactly at park opening time. When I click on the app to open it, it takes me at least 10 seconds (maybe more) to get past the initial “Walt Disney world” screen with the castle. There’s no possible way that can be what I should do, right? I feel like I should have the app already open and just keep clicking “find out more” and refreshing until opening time. Is that right?
You should do some practice runs. Before our trip, I tried doing what you describe and ended up missing boarding groups entirely because it didn’t refresh in time. I found my sweet spot was opening the app about a minute before but NOT hitting “find out more” til exactly 8. You want it to be loading the screen, not just opening a cached one.

Been stalking this thread for a while so I figured I’d share my experience (this was on Monday) AT&T in a mob of people in front of GE entrance. 10 seconds before 8, both my husband and I opened the app. I then clicked find out more and was immediately given the option to join a BG. We got group 5 and we’re called maybe 10 minutes later. The group next to us did the same and they got group 8.
I never got to practice because I kept waking up late, but I watched a lot of videos and read this thread almost every day. Good luck everyone!

sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I've stalked the last 100 posts and had no luck. When I'm practicing at home (did it for the first time today) what's the furthest stage I can get to? I clicked join boarding group at 8am, got to the choose your party screen but I couldn't click further as it said people had to be in the park. It never told me my boarding group number. Is this because I failed to get one or because you can't get that far if not in the park?

sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I've stalked the last 100 posts and had no luck. When I'm practicing at home (did it for the first time today) what's the furthest stage I can get to? I clicked join boarding group at 8am, got to the choose your party screen but I couldn't click further as it said people had to be in the park. It never told me my boarding group number. Is this because I failed to get one or because you can't get that far if not in the park?

That’s as far as you can get at home. You don’t get a number practicing from home.

When I'm practicing at home (did it for the first time today) what's the furthest stage I can get to? I clicked join boarding group at 8am, got to the choose your party screen but I couldn't click further as it said people had to be in the park. It never told me my boarding group number. Is this because I failed to get one or because you can't get that far if not in the park?
Right, it's because you aren't in the park. If you were there, you would have gotten a BG after that last screen you could see today.

I'm realizing that, as my trip is 8 days away, the problems, issues, and downside of this ride, likely will not be fixed before we get there.

Everyday, I check this thread prepared to see lots of positives, e.g.
"we had no problem clicking the button and getting a BG!"
"all our people showed up in the app!"
"the BGs were called right after RD!"
"the line was a continuous progression!"
"we didn't get evacuated even once!"
"I didn't have to find a GET and ask for:
1. a FP+
2. my BG to be moved
3. my kids to be added to my BG
4. my ADR to be rescheduled!".

Whomp, whomp! It ain't happenin'!

I'm not complaining. I will enjoy myself and can't wait to experience SWGE.
I, like everyone else, have enough stress in the real world that avoiding it on vacation is the whole point of vacation. All this uncertainty is kind of clouding the sunny Florida sky I'm waiting for. Is anyone else feeling the same feels? 😟

I'm realizing that, as my trip is 8 days away, the problems, issues, and downside of this ride, likely will not be fixed before we get there.

1. a FP+
2. my BG to be moved

I, like everyone else, have enough stress in the real world that avoiding it on vacation is the whole point of vacation. All this uncertainty is kind of clouding the sunny Florida sky I'm waiting for. Is anyone else feeling the same feels? 😟
I think the way to look at it is with a giant dose of realism. Even if you don’t get a BG or the ride goes down, it’s now a great park to be in, a 200% improvement over a few years ago.

My stepdaughter was diagnosed with mono a couple of weeks ago. Our trip starts next weekend. I think we are still going (she seems to be on the mend) but I quit watching this thread (and board, for that matter) because it was such an odd mixture of opposing ideas. I decided to focus on getting my kid well so that we can enjoy our vacation, albeit at a slower pace.

1. a FP+
2. my BG to be moved

I think my expectations are just set at the right place. I'm excited about my trip. I've practiced from home but have read enough other experiences to anticipate what could come up on the BIG DAY. And then I feel like I won't be panicked if something does arise. Now if my DH knew how much I was obsessing about this now, he would not be happy and would just feel stressed when we got there. My goal is to give him and DD the tutorial on our flight down and hope for the best! I know this trip will be stressful with crowds and stuff. But I would rather be there than in my office, so I'm just going to make the most of it! I hope you can get your worries out now so that you can feel prepared for whatever happens. Hey - you're only 8 days away from being at the Magic!!:flower3: I still have 7 weeks!

My stepdaughter was diagnosed with mono a couple of weeks ago. Our trip starts next weekend. I think we are still going (she seems to be on the mend) but I quit watching this thread (and board, for that matter) because it was such an odd mixture of opposing ideas. I decided to focus on getting my kid well so that we can enjoy our vacation, albeit at a slower pace.
Hope she feels better soon!!!

Oh that's so hard! And really, an eye-opener for me. It's easy to forget that not everything in life revolves around a vacation.

I'm sending your SD all the good vibes I was saving up for my Boarding Group acquisition!
She'll be in great shape to enjoy the trip in a few days! :flower3: :flower3: :flower3:

1. a FP+
2. my BG to be moved

I am thinking hard about do I want to get up that early and ask the family to do it while we are on VACATION. Not sure if it's worth it knowing that even IF we get to the park early enough, IF we get a BG will we even get to ride that day.
our trip is not for 60 days so will wait to see how things go.

A Disney vacation is stressful enough. My family can only afford to go every 3 years or so and with how expensive it is I feel the need to make sure we can do EVERYTHING or the money has been somewhat wasted. On the other hand with the price increases this may be our last trip for a long time. other vacation spots are becoming more and more attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter