READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are back in Nashville after getting backup group 92,94,96 this morning. After the breakdown at 85 things were looking grim. We needed to be on a magical express at all stars at 7:15. A very kind cast member spoke to her manager who let us all in at 92 and walked us straight to the ride. Thanks to her we ran to a bus and made one right when it was loading. Making it to our magical express. It was such an amazing experience. I will be sure to send Disney my kudos to that amazing CM. Here she is with us (with some fun photobombing CMs I just noticed. Haha. The ride was beyond amazing. My birthday girl has the best ,wild, crazy, day.

I think, for the most part, I understand the BG process. Once you are in the park and get a BG number, do you get an actual time to return? Or do you just wait until they call for your BG? Is there an average wait time until your BG is called? Thanks!

I think, for the most part, I understand the BG process. Once you are in the park and get a BG number, do you get an actual time to return? Or do you just wait until they call for your BG? Is there an average wait time until your BG is called? Thanks!

There is no specific return time, you receive a push notification when your group is “called.”. Given ride downtime variability, it is hard to say with specificity when your group will be called (unless you happen to be in the first few groups of the day).

On average the ride processes 9.5 BGs per hour, so you can do rough math from there, but some days are better/worse than others so even that isn’t a great metric to use for precision.

Just wanted to share our experience from Monday. We left our rental house in Windsor Hills at 7:10am, we were parked, through bag check (stroller w/ a baby), and sitting at the tables by Rosie's Cafe by 7:40am. We had 4 people trying for boarding groups, me the one who practiced couldn't get the red button to come up. My Mom got us all boarding group 11. My Dad and my husband both couldn't get through until it was only back ups. Our group was called at 8:18am we had a two hour return window.

We were able to use rider swap. My Dad, my husband and myself rode first. My Mom, my husband and myself were able to ride as group 2.

Amazing experience we all loved it!

I don't believe so at all. It's really an incredibly small number compared to the literal THOUSANDS of people inside Hollywood Studios on any given morning.
But how can practicing at home work if you have to have tapped into the park to get a boarding pass? What can you really practice from home?

But how can practicing at home work if you have to have tapped into the park to get a boarding pass? What can you really practice from home?
You can go through all the steps except the last one to get the BG. People are practicing timing, how long it takes to load the app, what to do when the button doesnt turn red, how to quickly select your party, etc.

Have you tried it? I mean, it's helpful to see how the process works. You can click "join boarding group" and then select the people from your friends and family list that you are planning to be there with, and then click "get boarding group" at which point you hit the wall since you aren't really in the park. It has helped me feel much more confident about our future trip.

Have you tried it? I mean, it's helpful to see how the process works. You can click "join boarding group" and then select the people from your friends and family list that you are planning to be there with, and then click "get boarding group" at which point you hit the wall since you aren't really in the park. It has helped me feel much more confident about our future trip.
Agree with all this!

It definitely helped us. Aside from understanding the actual process (and showing it to DH and the kids), I also knew how long it would take the app to open (and it began lagging big time right before our trip so I was able to update, clear cache and data to try to speed it up, etc before we left). It also made me realize DD's old Apple phone was faster than mine since we'd test it together (and that proved to be true while in the park, she was the one to nab a good BG on day 2 of our attempts). It also helped me notice I had 16 people on my MDE from previous trip, it would take me forever to choose the 4 people on this trip with a lot of scrolling, so I removed almost everyone not traveling on this trip. When the day came, that made it much easier. I wouldn't have known any of this without practice.

Side note: Just before 8:01 it looks like it went straight to backups. I'd tested it when I was typing out the above.

Practicing from home.
Starting exactly at 8am I got the red button and was able to click and then go back to the previous page 11 times before it switched to backup groups

I was practicing from home, too. It went to backup groups really fast, definitely less than a minute. It felt like less than 30 seconds.

I got in really fast this morning. I opened the app about ten minutes early. Then when it got to 7:59, I clicked My Status and got the page the says Boarding status - it looks like you haven't joined a group yet. The bar that says "Join a boarding group" does not turn red on this page. Now I understand what people mean when they say that you don't have to wait for the "Join boarding group" to turn red. They mean this bar. :)

Last edited:
I was practicing from home, too. It went to backup groups really fast, definitely less than a minute. It felt like less than 30 seconds.
Agreed. I swear i at least counted 15-20 seconds before my phone said 8:01 after I saw boarding groups. On top of that, I think my app only went red 10 seconds after 8 and it was maybe 20 secs before backup. So had this been real I might’ve still got a reg BG as its only me in my party, but still.

I got in really fast this morning. I opened the app about ten minutes early. Then when it got to 7:59, I clicked My Status and got the page the says Boarding status - it looks like you haven't joined a group yet. The bar that says "Join a boarding group" does not turn red on this page. Now I understand what people mean when they say that you don't have to wait for the "Join boarding group" to turn red. They mean this bar. :)

just to be clear, on the "My Status" that bar will never turn red - it will change from a light blue outline and text (sort of seems faded out) to having a brighter blue outline and text.

It's on the screen before where there is the "Join Boarding Group" button next to the "My Status" button that will turn red when you can actually join a BG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter