READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, we did Savi in June at DL for our middle son. I have friends who think it's just a money grab, and to each their own, but the intimate setting and the CMs in there make it feel so real that it's almost like a spiritual experience between you, the other builders, and the Force itself. My youngest son is budding into being a big SW fan himself, but he's not ready. And it is $$$. He has to go through Jedi Training a time or two before he can build ;) He'll be content for now building a Droid.
We are all 3 building on our trip. Yes it is a big splurge, but we are all HUGE fans and and its a big deal for us. We plan to display our sabers when we get back. We will also be doing a couple of droids....

you have 2 hours to return unless it's the last hour of park operations The one hour return time notice that people are getting in the morning is not enforced and they will give you 2 hours.

One thing that's important to note is that they aren't enforcing it so far; theoretically they could start enforcing it anytime they want (see also: 2020 meal plan changes in enforcement).

The boarding times are confusing. We were there last weekend of January and day 1, we got the notice with only a one hour return time. However, day 2, we got the two hour return time.

Finally got a chance to practice at home today! Button didn't turn red, but was clickable. That was amazingly stressful for a practice run, I can't imagine how stressful it must be while actually in the park!

Also, noticed backups gone at 8:09.
Exactly this! Practiced from home, iPhone 11pro software and app all up to date. Opened app at 8:59:00 kept refreshing screen that has my status button, Join boarding group button border and text turned blue tapped on it and could get on, DID NOT have to wait for it to be red. Did this like 10 times before it went to backup groups. I was also on my Wifi which I meant to get off of but will try again tomorrow off WiFi. We leave Friday to head to Vero Beach then Driving to WDW Monday.

The boarding times are confusing. We were there last weekend of January and day 1, we got the notice with only a one hour return time. However, day 2, we got the two hour return time.
It appears to be based on what time you get your return notification. Until 9am and close to park closing are 1 hour windows, the rest 2.

We were in the Pixar land crowd on the left to go to TSMM which was a walk-on for us. While we were walking through the queue we got called for BG6 and went there immediately after.

ETA: on T-mobile. 5 bars. Near the snack cart on the left before the turn.

No, I had made a bad assumption it was 7 am again. thank you so much lol. Have yet to check the park hours, such a last minute trip still planning

While people seem to find ‘practicing’ helpful, I doI find it troublesome that this is possible

IDK even the most casual disney fan i’ve Spoken to since RoTR has opened is pretty much up to speed on the tricks to enhance their chances. Easy enough with google search

I can’t get the disney app to work in the parks using ATT, not even on my iphone 11. Works fine on data

Recently?

Ugh, good luck you get to ride.
That was yesterday. Today I continued refreshing and was able to join a BG for about 30 seconds before it switched to back up groups

Practice yesterday - all went well. Practiced this morning and the App glitched.. Had to shut it down and reopen and by the time all that happened it was in back ups. The time showing on my iphone at that time was still 8:00. All BG gone in less than 1 minute.

You’re probably 100% right. It’s probably just the display of the text that’s delayed for some people. But having seen a lot of crazy MDE glitches, part of me wonders if some of us aren’t getting into a mode where it’s holding a BG for us, the way FPs are held until you confirm them. I vaguely wonder if going to the My Status screen before clicking Join Boarding Group might work that way. If it works that way for one set of button pushes and not another, that would change the recommended approach.
Probably no way to confirm that though.
Funny you say this. Here is what happened to me this morning. I must have set my IPad down yesterday when I was practicing and the boarding groups were active. When I picked up my iPad today at 7:57 am it was on the boarding group screen and the button was red. I pushed the button expecting it to give me an error message but it took me to the next screen where I could select my party. The blue bottom at the bottom of that screen was active. I selected the button and got the final screen that said I wasn’t in the park. Only when I backed out of that screen and everything refreshed did it show there were no boarding passes. (Which there would not have been because it was 7:57 am- this was from a session that started the day before!). I thought it was interesting the screens didn’t refresh between those steps.

Funny you say this. Here is what happened to me this morning. I must have set my IPad down yesterday when I was practicing and the boarding groups were active. When I picked up my iPad today at 7:57 am it was on the boarding group screen and the button was red. I pushed the button expecting it to give me an error message but it took me to the next screen where I could select my party. The blue bottom at the bottom of that screen was active. I selected the button and got the final screen that said I wasn’t in the park. Only when I backed out of that screen and everything refreshed did it show there were no boarding passes. (Which there would not have been because it was 7:57 am- this was from a session that started the day before!). I thought it was interesting the screens didn’t refresh between those steps.

I wonder,.. if you had been in HS... would you have gotten a BG before everybody? If I was down there I would test this... If it works... Disney's IT need to do their homework.

For those asking where you stand, I honestly don't think it matters as long as you have reception.

When I got both BG 2 and 5, I was in the middle of the mob waiting to get in TSL. Between the Walt Disney Presents auditorium and the little mermaid.

Exactly this! Practiced from home, iPhone 11pro software and app all up to date. Opened app at 8:59:00 kept refreshing screen that has my status button, Join boarding group button border and text turned blue tapped on it and could get on, DID NOT have to wait for it to be red. Did this like 10 times before it went to backup groups. I was also on my Wifi which I meant to get off of but will try again tomorrow off WiFi. We leave Friday to head to Vero Beach then Driving to WDW Monday.

Repeating what I posted earlier today, unless I am missing something or have had an abnormal experience, if you push the My Status button, the “Join A Boarding Group” button that appears on the next screen will NEVER turn red. It is active when it is not grayed out.

I hope nobody in the park looking for a BG has backed out of that screen because they were waiting for a red button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter