READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backup Group at 08:00:40
Agree. Was checking at home
Practicing from home, all names were there today, and backups didn't start by my clock until after a minute.
No glitches from home today. Running updated app on a Pixel 3a.
I had issues with my party yesterday so I made sure to bring them up in a fake fast pass before. Not sure if it matters but no issues for me today. Went through the process at least four times. I was just sitting on the join screen and watched it turn to backup group at the exact same time as my phone turned to 801. Didn't need to refresh or anything

Last edited:
I did update on my IPhone 7, and it is unreliable but it crashed and I reloaded at 7:59. You CAN have the app open—just don’t hit “Find Out More” until 8, and if you don’t see red when you hit that button, click on “My Status.” This has always worked for me if the app was loaded. Also, if it crashes, you have to double click on your home button and swipe the app up to totally close it before trying to reopen. Disney IT told me to delete the app and redownload AND to make sure cell data is enabled. That has not prevented ALL crashes, but it has made life better. Hope that helps.

From home:
App already open on IPhone XR. Started to refresh at 8 and button would not go red. Killed it and still not red. I then noticed that when I pressed my status there was the bluish square of join boarding group. Hit that and it brought up my full party.

yesterday had no issues. My go live is Sunday so I hope it works out.

Backups around 8:00:40 for me at home, and it’s interesting that the chart shows 63 as the last non-backup boarding group for days. Maybe they’ve settled on 63 or that’s the number that can be processed in 40 seconds?

My experience from the “bad day “ this week....
We got there early so we could rope drop MFSR after getting a boarding group. Sorry I didn’t note any exact times. We were waiting by the small cafe right outside the Galaxy Edge entrance as a marker for where in the crowd we were.

I let the 2 millennials in the group handle the phones. Both had practiced before and knew what they were doing. The iPhone 6 got group 42 for us. The newer iPhone never got the red button. Someone next to me almost simultaneously got group 19. And another person there got BU group 68. I’m not sure how much later hers went through but she had it shortly after us. My daughter had to explain the backup system to her. We didn’t know her but all felt so bad that they stopped at 67 that day. It really doesn’t seem right that someone who arrived early enough to be in that position in line didn’t get onto the ride.

But back to my experience.
We got notified in the afternoon and got in line. After about 15 minutes in the line, the ride went down. We waited a while and Chewie and Raye came through for pictures and they handed out water. Eventually we talked to a CM because We had an early ADR at Grande Floridian. The CM gave us a return pass to come back after dinner.

We got back fairly late and had our fingers crossed that all would be running. Got to the ride around 7:30 and basically walked on.

Eventual success but so hectic and stressful.
And again, I just feel there has to be a way that someone like the woman next to us in the morning should have had a spot that day.
It is simply too random as to who gets a group and who doesn’t.

Backups around 8:00:40 for me at home, and it’s interesting that the chart shows 63 as the last non-backup boarding group for days. Maybe they’ve settled on 63 or that’s the number that can be processed in 40 seconds?
Just when you think you’ve got it figured out, it’ll change. :rotfl2:

Seems to be the way of BGs anyway.

It is interesting - 4 consecutive days of regular BGs starting at 2 and backups starting at 63. Seems they may have settled on that being the pattern (for now). Who knows what that means, of course.

It is interesting - 4 consecutive days of regular BGs starting at 2 and backups starting at 63. Seems they may have settled on that being the pattern (for now). Who knows what that means, of course.
yesterday they got through 120 bg so stopping at 63 seems to be the halfway point. They're being extra cautious

Uhhhh, thats pretty early.

PP either has a typo or is thinking about central time - it was 8:30am Disney/Orlando time. 30 minutes is pretty consistent with how things have been going this week since the move to 8am opening.

Left the hotel (Delta) at 6:48. Parked at 7:01. No bags line had no wait, through security at 7:09, in the park by 7:15. They were scanning fingerprints which really slowed things down. My finger has not worked right lately, I get re-scanned every day and then the next day I get blue lights again.
anyways...
Grabbed a pretzel and sat near Echo Lake.
Launched the app at 7:59:55, was not letting me in. Forced closed and reopened and got BG73.
Not sure what the deal was with the app. Was using LTE but it did not refresh right for some reason.

Did a test from home after updating MDE last night. Using Android 7 with Tracfone, I opened the app at 7:59 today and went all the way to the "not in the park" screen with no issues. I assume that means I would have received a regular BG had it been a real attempt. Either the problems with the updated app have been remedied, or it does not affect Android very much if at all.

Are people having problems with their phones not recognizing all the members of your party IN the park? Is it worth testing that beforehand, then completely closing the app and waiting until 8 to try to join a boarding group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter