READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn’t open 20 seconds early on my test this morning either. I opened the app about 30 seconds early but didn’t hit “Find Out More” until the clock hit 8:00 exactly. The button was not red then so I hit “My Status” and the button there was active.

Practicing from home this morning and this was my experience exactly. (with updated app on iphone)

When you have the chance could you share more? What time did you arrive at the park? How quickly did you get through security? How far back are you in the TSL line? What BG did you get? How well were your phones working back there?

Thanks! And good luck!

We got to the bus stop at POFQ at 6:42 this morning, just as a bus was pulling up.

Bus left at 6:47 and dropped off at DHS at 6:58.

We both went through bag check which was very quick. Several lanes and most only had 1 or 2 guests at them before us. We were through bag check at 7:02 and 2 minutes later they started letting guests enter the park. We tapped in at 7:16.

There were probably around 150 guests already lined up for TSL when we got there. We had SDD FO so we stayed to the left to go to TSM.

We both opened the app 10 seconds before 8:00. The Join Boarding Group button was grayed out. I touched My Status and then the Join Boarding Group at the top of the screen and got BG 14. Phones worked fine. I had wi-fi turned off and was using cellular.

Our BG was called around 8:30. We had a 8:55 Oga’s ADR so we went there first. ROTR was down as we walked past it.

After Oga’s, we entered the queue at 9:32. We <edit/spoiler> about 10:00. We’re still there <edit/spoiler>. They started handing out water and snacks like 15 minutes ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Husband said it's back up!! They are near the front of line.
We got in line at park at 7:30ish. Bag line quick, stayed to right and got through tapstiles quickly, no fingerprint. Had app open and hit find out more at 8am sharp (not red) and then my status. I was able to click the join boarding group button, selected all, scrolled down to deselect my infant, and got BG 4!
Called at 8:06, was in line for saucers after walking on to TSMM. Got over there at 9, ride down. Used star tours FP, back to rise. Rider switched and my family has been in line since 9:30.

But the last couple of days, people have been reporting backup BG's as early as 8:00:40. I would write it off as an error, but least 2 people have specifically reported 8:00:40.

I'm wondering if they have it coded to switch over after 1 minute OR after x # of groups have been filled, whichever is first. And that number may vary depending on how well the ride is testing or how well it ran the day before (ie, bad day yesterday meant less guaranteed groups today).

Husband said it's back up!! They are near the front of line.
We got in line at park at 7:30ish. Bag line quick, stayed to right and got through tapstiles quickly, no fingerprint. Had app open and hit find out more at 8am sharp (not red) and then my status. I was able to click the join boarding group button, selected all, scrolled down to deselect my infant, and got BG 4!
Called at 8:06, was in line for saucers after walking on to TSMM. Got over there at 9, ride down. Used star tours FP, back to rise. Rider switched and my family has been in line since 9:30.

Curious to know what kind of phone you used?

Thanks!!

Every time I "chat" with a Disney Rep online, they tell me something different. I got the advice to arrive (April trip) to HS at 6am, which the rep said was an hour before the park opens, in order to have a chance at doing the Rise of the Resistance. He said that I had to actually go through the turnstile, in order to get the boarding passes on the app.
He suggested since the park opens at 7am, that 6am would be a good time to get in line. Sigh.......
And then I read this online:
However, Disney recently switched up the process so that guests will not be able to join a Boarding Group until the park's official opening time. Guests may still be welcomed onto Hollywood Boulevard prior to the park's opening, but only nearby limited locations, such as Trolley Car Cafe and Keystone Clothiers, are open. The rest of the park remains closed until the official opening time. The new year begins with 7 a.m. openings through Feb. 3, 2020; the park will open at 8 a.m. for the remainder of February, before switching over to 9 a.m. openings on March 1, 2020.

So, which is it?

EDIT:
We are staying at a resort. And I just found the hours on a calendar on Disney Web Site. So, we can get into park at 8am using magic hours because we are staying at the resort, right? So, maybe we don't have to get there at 6am?????? Say we don't!

Last edited:
That rep is probably assuming the park will be opening at 7 in April with it being Spring Break time. There is probably a good chance that's when it'll open. Just keep an eye on opening times. Being there a hour to 30 minutes before hand is good advice

iPhone users, open your app 5 minutes before opening, go to the home screen and watch your Clock app second hand spin, when it’s just about to hit opening time, go back to the Disney app, hit Find out More and it will turn red.
Tried the last two days from home, no issue with the new update if you do this.
This was how I did it every time time I practiced from home for the past two month with no problems. However, I updated the App two days ago and yesterday this method did not work. BUT, this morning - it did work! So I have no confidence in the App.

Now I’m debating leaving the Fam back at the hotel, getting there early and rope dropping millennium falcon and joining BG. I didn’t get a FP for millennium as I didn’t realize they added them after I already booked all my fast passes day after Christmas.
How early do I need to be there to rope drop millennium??

thanks all!

So I have been randomly looking at wait times for Millennium and it looks like the waits aren't too bad later in the day. So that might be an option instead of rope drop.

We have group 69 today after a little trouble with the app at 8am. We are waiting nervously, since yesterday 67 was the last group!

After hitting Join a group, do you have to select the members of your party (Select all)? Have been practicing at home and that is what we have been getting. Also, we next get the message about members not being in the park. For reference sake, what happens after selecting all if you are inside the park? Does it then say you have a boarding group? And, if another member of your party is faster, what message do you get if they get the BG first?

That rep is probably assuming the park will be opening at 7 in April with it being Spring Break time. There is probably a good chance that's when it'll open. Just keep an eye on opening times. Being there a hour to 30 minutes before hand is good advice
Ok. I will continue to watch opening times for the parks to possibly change. Thank you.

Samsung Note 9
That was my husbands phone. I got group 6 on Sunday waiting to open the app until 7:59:55 on my samsung s9 but phone got knocked out of my hand at bag check this morning and cracked my screen really bad so I used his phone.
OMG seriously??? Wow, I would have been freaking out. Good thing you had a backup option. Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter