READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, like others, I've been practicing from home to get ready for our May trip. Today as usual, I tapped into the app at 8, then "find out more" and got this. Any one seen this before? Backed out and tried several times, by the time I got in, it had gone to backup groups. Galaxy 9, app auto updated.

Screenshot_20200205-080110_Disney World 1.jpg

Does anyone have experience with a Fastpass or ADR conflicting with their Boarding Group time? I am curious how accommodating Disney has been with those conflicts.
The GET CM at MK cancelled my trails end adr without penalty when it became apparent my BG would be called about the same time. She said I was making a good choice and she was jealous. 😉

GULP. But people are moving? And you arrived at the park entrance at 7:20 for an 8:00 am opening?

This is giving me nightmares remembering the Frozen frenzy at Epcot not so long ago. I still wake up in a sweat thinking about that disaster.

In the pic, people were just standing waiting for rope drop. That was where we were at after arriving at the park entrance around 7:20 am for an 8 am opening. They let everyone into SWGE just after 8 am. The line got very strung out, they loop you around all the way through Galaxy’s Edge to the TSL entrance and around to the MFSR entrance. Lots of people guiding you along, keeping people to the right - although we are pretty sure there are people that did not realize they were in the MFSR line 😂 I found it very quick and well organized.

Anyone know when they stop calling boarding groups for the day? I thought they would stop by now (55 min left until closing) but they are still calling new groups and I’m 3 away!

Anyone know when they stop calling boarding groups for the day? I thought they would stop by now (55 min left until closing) but they are still calling new groups and I’m 3 away!
Did you not get notified that you wouldn't board today?
Are you at the park? I would go straight to the attraction and ask

Did you not get notified that you wouldn't board today?
Are you at the park? I would go straight to the attraction and ask
Yes I did. But I had hoped they might keep going anyway! I’m at the hotel now otherwise I would. But they haven’t called a new one in a bit so they are probably done.

Yes I did. But I had hoped they might keep going anyway! I’m at the hotel now otherwise I would. But they haven’t called a new one in a bit so they are probably done.
If you got notified that your bg wouldn't get called it won't get called. 67 seems to be the last one for the night

If the ride goes down while you are in line, has anyone succeeded in getting a return FP if you have and ADR or FP coming up.

Does anyone know why some people/IPhones?? are having problems and others are not.
I have a iPhone 7 and have updated the app. I was practicing from home and didn’t had any problems.
Don’t know. But mine kept crashing again today (5s) so I reinstalled and it worked fine.

I am planning our May trip for a group of 9. At least 3 won't ride ROTR. When I have tried at home, it brings up all 9 and it would be faster to select all and uncheck the 3 since they probably won't be in the park. I am afraid to remove them from my family and friends list, a few of them don't have MDE accounts, I have all of their reservations under mine. I have shared with my adult son and he can see his family's reservation and mine but not the other. Any other insights?

I am planning our May trip for a group of 9. At least 3 won't ride ROTR. When I have tried at home, it brings up all 9 and it would be faster to select all and uncheck the 3 since they probably won't be in the park. I am afraid to remove them from my family and friends list, a few of them don't have MDE accounts, I have all of their reservations under mine. I have shared with my adult son and he can see his family's reservation and mine but not the other. Any other insights?
it'll take you 2 seconds to uncheck, you'll be ok, don't remove them from your plans

Does anyone have experience with a Fastpass or ADR conflicting with their Boarding Group time? I am curious how accommodating Disney has been with those conflicts.
Last Friday 1/31 was a bad day for the attraction, and our BG 63 wasn't called until 6:30. Our Sci Fi ADR was at 6:45. We asked a GET CM about our ADR just before our BG was called and were assured the restaurants (in DHS, at least) were being quite adaptable and understanding regarding RotR BGs interfering with ADRs. We enjoyed RotR and showed up for our ADR at 7:30 and just had to wait a little bit before being seated. It wasn't a problem at all.

Do NOT remove them. You need them for other things. You should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter