READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Visiting on Friday! Planning on arriving by 6:30am (probably with only 1 bag) and will remain to the right.
Any recommendations for where to stand with Verizon LTE?

Also - we were thinking about heading straight to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster as soon as we receive our digital boarding group. Is it better to ride a particular ride over another? I've noticed that there doesn't really seem to be an "off-season" anymore with the current wait times at DHS - currently seems like all waits are going to be 60min+ nowadays.

Thanks! Can't wait to hopefully ride RotR this Friday!!

Crap. My RotR day is Friday, Feb 14th!
Am I missing the obvious? I thought that it doesn't matter what "number" they begin with for the BG's Only the amount of BG's they get through during the day. Are they also limiting the amount total that they are releasing? Ooops, what am saying, let me check The Chart. :)

My little summary of my experience, for those who want it:

I stayed off property this weekend. Woke up around 5:30am Saturday, called my Lyft around 6-6:10ish while I was still getting ready. Took the driver about 15 minutes to arrive, got to the park at 6:30. There wasn't a line for bag check or to get into the park. The lines for coffee were very long, haha. They did the announcement just before 7, I opened my app a little early and no red button. Killed it, red button, group 18. I think I was called to ride just before 8am. I didn't practice, download a network speed tester, or cheer when I got my group (lol). As far as I can tell & as we've heard on here, if you're in the park for opening and aren't having app issues, you should get a BG. If you get an error, take a screen shot. Then you can show GET & they can see that you were trying to get your group at 7am. On Sunday I was exhausted so I decided I was going to wake up whenever I woke up. I was up around 7 and in the park around 8am, I think. I got backup group 136 but didn't get to ride (the ride went down around 5:30pm and I got the notification that I was SOL around then). I rode MFSR a bunch of times before leaving for the airport at 8pm (everyone cleared out once the ride was down for good, it seemed). Got home at 2am and I'm still exhausted. :P

Wow, so this is really happening...8am opening tomorrow! I guess I might tune back in to see how that goes! Hopefully it goes well for all those on the thread here :D

I hope so as well. Plan on getting Lyft in the am to be there around 7:30. Hope the big crowds that are at MK today don’t all decide to go to HS tomorrow for RD since it’s a later opening.

CM would be able to help move us to an early boarding group if we end up with a late (regular) group? I know it will be subjective, and I'm hoping we get a low group and I don't have to worry, but anyone out there with any experience with something like this?
Probably not, disney is pretty firm in saying mobility doesn’t equate to DAS; which in this case currently only lets you bypass the longer line when your BG is called for ROTR

WC rental that permits leg to be flexed sounds to be best idea IMO

If no rental car, You could send him back to room via cab or uber & have him return when number is called.

Another option would be to bring a tote with a throw, inflatable pillow & the instant type of ice pack u crush to activate. Once he begins to tire, coud have him sit in chair (at starring rolls?) & drag another over so he can prop up his knee while the others in your group enjoy the parks.

Good luck

Patrick Mahomes did ride earlier per Disney Parks Blog stream. Wonder if they caused a slight delay as they did film the moment.
And FYI, dont watch it if you want to avoid ride spoilers!
(They show Mahomes and Nathan in RotR before the parade. It may not be much more than they have advertised)

And FYI, dont watch it if you want to avoid ride spoilers!
(They show Mahomes and Nathan in RotR before the parade. It may not be much more than they have advertised)
Its not a lot. Doesn't ruin the experience IMO but yes if you don't want to see anything skip the first couple minutes of the stream.

Rode today... Thanks for all the guidance!

5:45 at bus stop AKL, bus came 5:54.
Arrived HS, no bags, stayed right...check-in by 635.
Rope drop for MFSR.
Picked up BG 30...good thing I trained DH, he got it on his phone!
Called back around 11:15.
Think we got the entire story. Our group loved it! Barely any wait thru line!!!
Now it's nap time 😴

Our recap from 2/1. Ride is amazing!
Staying at Kidani village, at bus stop by 5:50am
Bus arrived at 6:15am (exactly as the concierge told us the day before)
Stopped at Jambo house first, arrived at HS by 6:35-6:40
By then the security line was short and the tap stile line nonexistent, in the park by 6:45-6:50
Walked to Chinese theater, found a quiet place to sit, speed tests showing down/up of 50/20 mbps
Had 6 people trying, all on data, 1 sprint, 5 AT&T
After timing the length to get the app open, we had the slowest phone open the app at 6:59:53, and staggered the rest 1 second later to get a nice spread. 2 people opened the app fresh and stayed on the home page, waiting till 7:00:01 and 7:00:02 to click find out more

(On testing the week before it seems like if you open the app early AND hit find out more early, when 7am hits the “join boarding group” button will not be available no matter how much you refresh. It’s much better to open the app fresh and not press find out more until exactly 7am.. or a second later)

We all had the join boarding group button available immediately upon app opening, but got the message “already in a boarding group”

My wife on the Sprint iPhone 10 (opened app at 6:59:53, and immediately got the boarding group button) got through first and snagged BG 3 for a party of 6! She was so nervous she closed the confirmation pop up and kept trying to join haha
We probably got through all the clicks in 10 seconds which explains the early boarding group.
We also have a 3 year old so 3 of us got to ride twice :) it was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter