READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks to the people who have kept this thread up to date. I rode on Wednesday 1/29 and Friday 1/31 - very different days for RoTR, but excellent experiences both times!

Weds- On bus from GF at 5:25. Arrived at 5:45 ish and was about 30 people from the front of the line for tapstiles. Let in at about 6:20 - booked it over to the front of the Hyperion Theater (couldn't see how close to the front of the crowd I was because I'm short!). With a little help from friends outside the park, got BG 17. I was called at about 7:45 - about 5-8 minutes in line and then on the ride. I did MFSR before RoTR - turns out I was pretty close to the front of the RD crowd and walked on to MFSR. When I got off, everything in the park (other than star tours) had a pretty significant wait. I had fun people and character watching in Galaxy's edge.

Fri- Had the family with me, so got a bus from the GF at 6:15, arrived at 6:25. Moved through bag check quickly, some delay at the tapstiles (maybe 8-10 minutes to get through). Walked over towards Toy Story Land, but we were clearly pretty far back in the RD crowd. I had a work obligation mid-morning, so I wanted a late-ish BG. After the button turned red, I took 3 deep breaths before tapping. Got BG 56. Turns out I was super lucky - they didn't gt through all the BGs that day and we could have been shut out! The ride was up and down a lot that day, so they were moving much more slowly than on Wednesday. We were waiting for our dinner reservation at 50s Prime Time when I noticed that the BGs were moving again - and moving pretty fast. I was concerned about getting stuck in line for ages during the end of the day boarding group cattle call, so we abandoned our reservation and started walking over when it hit group 54. Our group was called just about the time we were walking under the tunnel into Galaxy's Edge (just before 6pm). We waited at least a half hour, maybe 45 minutes. We then did MFSR with a posted wait of 30mins at 7:15 pm- was about 20 mins in line.

We were too far back in the rope drop crowd to do SDD (line was crazy, and they announced they were delaying opening a little bit) the TSMM line was also looking pretty substantial already, so we started with a walk-on for AS2 - probably a one and done for my family, but glad we didn't wait for it or burn a FP on it 😆 .

Ugh. Would not let us click in, finally got 69 but it's not guaranteed. 64 is start of backups. I practiced so many times and had the timing perfect. I so hope we ride today
Today was my day. Not so great. We were tapped in by 630. Opened the app a few seconds before 7 and no red button. Toggled back and forth between home and my status and nothing. Closed the whole app and reloaded, 58. With 63 beings backups and the ride performing badly already seems bad. 😩

Your stories echo my concern. You can be there at park opening. You can do all of the research to know how to get a BG. You can practice getting a BG from home. BUT, you can't guarantee that you won't have technical glitches when it comes to actually trying to get a BG in HS.

I truly hope you both get to ride today! From the chart I would say that the odds are in your favor. :)

Seems to be stalled again at 27...so close! I wonder if the filming has anything to do with that...

Seems to be delayed for whatever reason. (Filming maybe?) We are chilling at Boardwalk until I see it move again. No FPs for us until 12:30, so we are still in good shape. Except for missing out on Arts Fest time. Edit: there goes 28! Heading back!

We are sitting in parking lot making sure it’s gonna keep moving before we head in. Come on 36!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter