READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is cell or WiFi working better for people?
This thread has had reports from people on either cell or WiFi having success. My sense is that cell is better, but maybe only slightly. Also, depends on your phone, where you're standing, what service you're using--and I don't really know if one is better than another--and that frivolous thing called fate.

We were there on Tuesday 1/21/20. We got up at 4:45 am. Took a lyft from ASMo at 5:30. Made it to HS by 5:40. Every turnstile had at least 20 people lined up when we got there. Lots of stories from people who had tried to get a boarding group on another day and failed and from others that were successful. It was cold, but the wind wasn't blowing yet so waiting in the cold and dark wasn't too bad. The time passed and we were through the turnstiles and in holding in the park. Crowds are separated into who wants to go to Galaxy Edge first and those that want to go to Toy Story Land first. We opted for the Galaxy Edge side since we were with friends who wanted to ride MFSR. (We had already ridden it at DL.)

The closer it got to 7:00 (park opening) you could feel the energy in the air as everyone got their trigger finger ready. We four adults each decided to try to log in and see who would get a boarding group. Mine and my husband's got in first. Mine ultimately froze up and he was able to get all of a boarding group #53. This all happened in less that 30 seconds, but it seemed a lifetime!

There was a glitch and it left off one person in our party. We were able to get it corrected by walking to ROTR and showing them what happened. The CM gave her a fast pass for ROTR.

Unfortunately, we had went to MK After Hours the night before and were really wanting to head straight back to the room to go back to sleep, but we also wanted to see when they started to call boarding groups. We rode MFSR and still no boarding groups were called. We stood in line for an hour to ride SDD and still no boarding groups called. We ate breakfast at Woody's Lunch Box and still no boarding groups were called. We were exhausted so we gave up and went back to ASMo for a much needed nap and break from the now very cold and windy day. Our friends stayed in the park and promised to text us when the groups started to get called.

We had 3:00 pm reservations at Oga's Cantina. We got back to HS in time to ride RnR before our ressies. As we were walking through the queue for RnR they finally started to call boarding groups! Yes!

Our number was called sometime near 5:00 pm. We were finished with the experience by 6:00 as we then headed over to Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom and we were there by 6:30.

Shew! It made for a really long day, but I am glad we were able to experience ROTR! It is a great experience for a Star Wars fan like me!

It’s Friday afternoon. No February hours beyond Feb 2 have been updated. It’s still showing 9am-8pm. Starting to get a little nervous about the shorter operating hours during President’s Day weekend. As much as I don’t want to get up early, I also do not want to do a holiday weekend with shorter operating hours. I would imagine fewer hours = fewer BGs. I was thinking today would be it.

@mickeymom22 Thanks for the report! This makes me slightly nervous as a solo traveler. I wish I had other people with me to help me try to get a BG, haha. I don't supposed my husband will be happy if I ask him to wake up before 7am to help me on my vacation without him. :rotfl:
I’ve been a solo traveler the past 3 days and have gotten on all 3 days. Wednesday I had 13, yesterday was 106(entered at 7:04, so I knew I was getting a backup), and today was 63.

This morning I tested trying to get a BG from home to get familiar with the screens. Considering that every second seems to matter, it occurred to me that we might be at a disadvantage because my friend/family group in MDE includes several people that won't be in the park with us that day. So I can't just click the Select All option for who I want to add. Am I overthinking the impact that having to scroll down and uncheck 3 people will have on the likelihood of getting into a non-backup group?

Some days the BG starts at 134, one day it was in the 80s, today at 99 although at 3:08 they are already to 110. We had a BG on Tuesday when it was down for so long and we received the text you won't be called today. Any thoughts on why the starting number for BG changes so much, or how they set it at the start of the day?

This morning I tested trying to get a BG from home to get familiar with the screens. Considering that every second seems to matter, it occurred to me that we might be at a disadvantage because my friend/family group in MDE includes several people that won't be in the park with us that day. So I can't just click the Select All option for who I want to add. Am I overthinking the impact that having to scroll down and uncheck 3 people will have on the likelihood of getting into a non-backup group?
Im deleting everyone that is not on this trip. It appears they will repopulate a few days later. At least they did for me, so re deleting the night before our try.

I've thought the same thing as I have quite a number of people on my Family and Friends list who won't be with us and my DD is buried down in the middle of those. Might need to cut out some friends and family before our trip! :rolleyes1

I will say, at least for me it is more "stress or worry" than being "mad" .... but I worry and stress about all sorts of logisticy type things and this feels like a level 11/planning a land war in Asia

🤣

I was just telling my sister the other day as we were recruiting people at home to help us get boarding passes that this felt more like a plot to take over the world than an attempt to get on a ride.

Some days the BG starts at 134, one day it was in the 80s, today at 99 although at 3:08 they are already to 110. We had a BG on Tuesday when it was down for so long and we received the text you won't be called today. Any thoughts on why the starting number for BG changes so much, or how they set it at the start of the day?
Nothing conclusive. All conjecture.

I've thought the same thing as I have quite a number of people on my Family and Friends list who won't be with us and my DD is buried down in the middle of those. Might need to cut out some friends and family before our trip! :rolleyes1

If it's just you and DD, and you manage her profile, you could consider temporarily renaming her so that her name appears at the top of the list. I think adding AAA to the front of her name should put her at the top.

No one knows

If it's just you and DD, and you manage her profile, you could consider temporarily renaming her so that her name appears at the top of the list. I think adding AAA to the front of her name should put her at the top.
Thanks! Looks like I'd need to add it to her last name as they're listed alphabetically by last name then first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter