• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question about getting a BG. It says on the second post that you can enter the park and get a BG and then leave until time to ride. But can you enter the park before BGs are released (at park opening time), go to another park, and still get a BG since you did enter HS (so for example maybe you enter HS at 6:30 with a. 7:00 opening and then exit and then someone picks you up and drops you off at AK which has a 7:00 EMH. Even though you’re at AK can you still get a BG?)?

I want to say someone did do this with AK and it worked, anyone else remember that??

At Disneyland, someone reported it working and you can get a BG from inside DCA after going into Disneyland first. If that helps you decide if no WDW answer comes along.

I want to say someone did do this with AK and it worked, anyone else remember that??

At Disneyland, someone reported it working and you can get a BG from inside DCA after going into Disneyland first. If that helps you decide if no WDW answer comes along.

IIRC, he was "walking toward the gate from the parking lot" or something like that when he got his BG. AK hadn't opened yet and he hadn't tapped in.

Hollywood Studios Florida:
My wife, 3 kids and I were through the Tapstiles at 7:02AM and immediately hit the app for a BG. After about 30 seconds to 1 minute of trying we received #103. The app let us know that they were planning on getting through 86. They increased this later this morning to 95. I looked every so often and noticed that they kept a good pace going today. At around 5:15pm they called for group 103! We made it! Yesterday was much worse so I wasn’t optimistic, but was pleasantly surprised. Great experience and totally worth everything it takes to make it happen. Good Luck!

Getting ready to update "The Chart" for the 2nd to last time...
giphy.gif

When you see "The Chart" for the first time in your life...
giphy.gif

When people suggest "The Chart" should just go away...
giphy.gif

Ok Ok...here's the real chart:

Last edited:

Back in MCO to move my DD down for her CP this week.

6:05 Left Sara-TOGA Springs via car
6:17 HS Parking (cars 3-4 deep at all toll booth lanes)
6:30 Through bag check (25ish people deep no-bag line)
6:40 Tapped in park far right tapstiles
6:45 Standing near Frozen Entrance
7:00:10 DD snagged BG 10 on WiFi (my iPhone lit up too on T-Mobile, 4 bars, no fancy phone maneuvers necessary)
7:05 Followed mass of humanity to SR, line snaked around to Toy Story entrance
7:47 BG group called
7:55 Exited SR, made Hondo and us $$$ as pilots 😀
8:00 Rode TSM with FP’s
8:20 Entered ROTR (cue backed up close to entrance, line moved consistently)
8:50 Exited ride just prior to stoppage
9:20 Left the park

Returned around 6:15 PM and rode:
Star Tours 10 minute wait
SR 35 minute wait
Alien SS 5 minute wait
Slinky DD 15 minute wait just before closing

Personal Opinion- This was a Thursday during the fourth week of January and you still have 8-10+ thousand people (guessing) showing up before official opening? This Kabuki Dance could go on for quite a few months as Spring and Summer approach. As for me, I’ve ridden it three times and the appeal is starting to fade.

I’m starting to wonder if the early opening is actually making thing worse crowd wise. If you don’t mind getting up early you can get a boarding group at HS every day and still have plenty of time to rope drop a different park each day and keep all your original plans. If HS opened at same time as other parks at least you would have to choose. I also wouldn’t be opposed to limiting VQ rides to one successful ride per week for these extremely popular rides that cannot keep up with attendance, but I’m guessing that would be a very unpopular decision

I’m starting to wonder if the early opening is actually making thing worse crowd wise. If you don’t mind getting up early you can get a boarding group at HS every day and still have plenty of time to rope drop a different park each day and keep all your original plans. If HS opened at same time as other parks at least you would have to choose. I also wouldn’t be opposed to limiting VQ rides to one successful ride per week for these extremely popular rides that cannot keep up with attendance, but I’m guessing that would be a very unpopular decision

Your ideas intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to to your newsletter!

@Raul_Duke1981 what time did you enter the line?
We had family with us that got BG #106 so we waited for them. We got into the que at around 5:45pm. We were easily in line for an hour. At that time they had opened up the BG’s from 86-106 so a TON of people all got into the line at once. The line was backed up almost outside of the guarded entrance. A bit chaotic, but we managed.

Today's report. The announcement came at 658? I didn't trust it and waited a sec but got BG 60! The button was red immediately this time. I was near the front and shut down all apps.
Bus left ASSports at 555.
And I'm wearing shorts today because I'm in florida darn it. Off to rope drop Epcot when Skyliner opens

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter