READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s how it went for me this morning! We’re staying at Caribbean Beach. Arrived to bus stop at 5:52, bus came at 6:07and was so full they couldn’t make anymore stops (there was still 2 more stops). We arrived at 6:25ish. We RAN past all the people where the buses dropped off and where uber / lyft lets out and went through the no bag line. We were waiting in the mass line for not very long before it started moving (probably around 6:30?) We made another run to get towards Toy Story land once we were in and were in yet another mass group and were pretty far back. We waited there for 15-20 minutes. I’m proud of my iPhone 6s, I got the boarding group over my sister’s iPhone 10s! At 7:00 exactly I got group 22 on Verizon data. The group behind us got 72 for reference. I’m so so so happy and I’m so thankful for this thread for helping me through this! Backup boarding groups started 3 minutes after 7:00. They started calling boarding groups FAST. Started at BG 8 and by 7:30 were at BG 16. We had been waiting in the Slinky Dog line for 30 minutes and had a Rock N Rollercoaster fastpass at 7:15-8:15 so we decided to hop out of line since the ride line was 120 mins and went to go ride Rock n Rollercoaster so we didn’t lose that fastpass. It’s currently at a standstill at boarding group 18 so we’re back at our resort now. Crazy morning! Pics of the bus, the entrance lines, and the rope drop line for Toy story land

They just called 22, have fun. We got 76 at 7:01 so we have time.

Glad so many here got BGs!

The regular BGs running out withing 3 minutes is making me nervous again for our Presidents Day DHS Day

But just have to remember that I am one with the Force and the Force is with me

I'm right there with you. We're going President's Week 2/18-2/26 and I know that week is insane as it is. I'm reading this thread daily and trying to come up with a plan based on these tips. This is definitely going to be the most stressful part of the trip, it will be such a relief if we get a BG 😆

So I read through this thread and just want to make sure I seem to understand how everyone thinks the best way to go about getting a BG is : we'll have 4 people so we'll all try and use our Verizon data (turn off WiFi), open the app right at 7:00 and click Find Out More and then Join Boarding Group (or is hitting My Status a better option)? TIA!

So I read through this thread and just want to make sure I seem to understand how everyone thinks the best way to go about getting a BG is : we'll have 4 people so we'll all try and use our Verizon data (turn off WiFi), open the app right at 7:00 and click Find Out More and then Join Boarding Group (or is hitting My Status a better option)? TIA!
clicking join bg will take you to guest selection clicking my status will first tell you you have not joined a bg and then give you the option to click to join bg. So I think first options is better by a second

My wife got BG 9.

We were sitting in the curb down Sunset Blvd. She was on wifi and in the App. I was on Sprint and not in App. At 7am, a reminder for something else went off on my phone. I dismissed it, opened the App and tried to join a BG. I was told I was already assigned a group. I looked at her and her screen showed the same message.

She clicked Join the second the announcement started. Got in immediately. Couldn't believe it, so she tried again.

NO SPOILERS HERE!

We were the 3rd and 4th person on the ride this morning. It went down on us, apparently near the end. Sat for about 10 minutes and then CM came and walked us down and out. Gave us FP to come back later today.

We left BCV by Uber around 6am. Got there around 6:15, thru bag search and tapped in by 6:34. Made our way down Sunset Blvd and found a curb down an alley be the restrooms.

Ride is beyond belief. Thank you everyone for all the Tips along the way. That crowd was No Joke! Going back this afternoon after our son plays with his band at The Springs. Wife and I are considering giving our MagicBands to our son and his friend to experience RoTR!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200119-070115_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200119-070115_Disney World.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 61

I am not sure if anyone has done this or makes a difference, but if going 4G on Verizon, would a tablet have a better antenna/connection than a smartphone? I'm on the countdown clock in a few weeks.

Might want to think about having 1 or 2 people use wifi rather than everyone on Verizon just to diversify a bit ... But see how wifi is looking that morning vs your Verizon reception

Glad so many here got BGs!

The regular BGs running out withing 3 minutes is making me nervous again for our Presidents Day DHS Day

But just have to remember that I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
It’s okay! I was so scared with this being MLK weekend but I got group 22! You'll be fine, I promise. May the force be with you :-)

***Mods, please let me know if I should just make a new thread for this question! It's definitely related to ROTR boarding groups, but also general park planning, so I just wasn't sure where to put it. Thanks!

How many park days have y'all been planning to try for ROTR? We're going for a week (Saturday to Saturday) at the end of April (things could totally change by then, I realize that). I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan, including the new movies, so I suspect this ride will be perfect for me. As of now, we're planning to try for ROTR every day except Monday and Tuesday because we will have Disney After Hours at MK on Monday night. However, it's making the rest of the trip very difficult to plan! Our travel party is myself, dh, ds13, and dd11.

I mean, Epcot seems pretty doable because most of the stuff we like there we don't even need fastpasses for and Epcot is fairly convenient now with the Skyliner. But AK and MK seem like they could be challenging with making ROTR work. We're staying at AOA, so the Skyliner will hopefully be able to help us out a bit, though possibly not for DHS opening if they continue to open the park before the Skyliner is operating with guests in the morning.

Anyway, how many days should I be planning to try for Rise and how have y'all handled working your plans out with MK and AK especially? I know you get 2 hours to come back to ride when your BG is called, but it still seems like many have had challenges working it in while also trying to accomplish other parks. Would we be better off just giving up a couple days of ROTR just to make things run a little more smoothly? What has your experience been like with a longer trip and wanting to ride Rise as much as possible? Did you find yourself rearranging things to give yourself MORE opportunities to ride after your first time because it was so amazing?

Been reading a bunch of these posts to get ready - we're less then a week away from our trip and I'm getting so excited (and nervous!). DHS is scheduled to open at 8 on both of our days there. Our plan is to leave AKL by 7 (probably take a Lyft, though if a bus is close we might use the bus). DH and I both have MDE on our phones and I figure that one of us will use data and one will use wifi. The only question I have...does it matter if we're both logged in as me or should he create his own MDE account? THANKS!!

Did you find yourself rearranging things to give yourself MORE opportunities to ride after your first time because it was so amazing?
The answer to this question is YES! However, we did it only twice on our trip, since back then (Dec 13 and 14), you had to be there early since the BGs were available before official park opening. The week after, they changed and the BGs are available only after official park opening, which makes it much easier.

I'm going to guess that you're going to want to ride it more than once, but every day could be too much--not for the ride. OMG, you could ride it 3x/day and that wouldn't be too much. But I mean for your overall park strategy.

Do you have hoppers? If so, that makes things easier. After you ride the first time--let's say you get a BG on your first try--you'll be able to gauge the rest of your mornings. And remember that while you're there, it's way easier to rearrange FP+s than it is 60 or 30 days ahead of time. The only exceptions to this are FoP, SDD, and 7DMT. If you have hoppers, I think you'll be able to rearrange everything. ADRs are another story, but we were able to work everything out without a problem.

You are going to fall over with amazement when you see SWGE!!!!'

Edited for clarity

Been reading a bunch of these posts to get ready - we're less then a week away from our trip and I'm getting so excited (and nervous!). DHS is scheduled to open at 8 on both of our days there. Our plan is to leave AKL by 7 (probably take a Lyft, though if a bus is close we might use the bus). DH and I both have MDE on our phones and I figure that one of us will use data and one will use wifi. The only question I have...does it matter if we're both logged in as me or should he create his own MDE account? THANKS!!
It's absolutely fine if you're both logged in to the same account. MTFBWY!

How many park days have y'all been planning to try for ROTR?

I am planning for 2 days. Not park hopping because it seems like too much of a time suck / too many unknowns.

As of now, we're planning to try for ROTR every day except Monday and Tuesday because we will have Disney After Hours at MK on Monday night.

If you have hoppers, it makes sense to combine with Epcot days (and save Showcase for a day where you get a really early BG). I’d do AK on Tuesday. If you are planning to hit a park on arrival or departure day, I’d do a 1/2 day at MK and not even try for RotR. That would give you 4 possible rides on RotR.

Any chance the 8AM opening next week will be moved to 7AM? I'll be there next week and not sure how early to get there even if it is 8AM. I feel like people will still be showing up around 5ish.

Any chance the 8AM opening next week will be moved to 7AM? I'll be there next week and not sure how early to get there even if it is 8AM. I feel like people will still be showing up around 5ish.
There's always a chance. If it does open at 8am i would plan on arriving by 7:30. No need to be there super early unless you plan on rope dropping sdd or mfsr

My wife and I will be coming down in March, and have a our Hollywood studios day circled and stared and highlighted thanks to Galaxy's Edge. Ive been following most of the social posts and am fully aware that the boarding groups go quickly. From those who have been there, or those who can use the force and see into the future, what is a fairly realistic time to arrive at Hollywood Studios? We don't need to be in the first boarding groups at all, we would just like to get on the ride at some point that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter