• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so worried I won't get to ride. I will only have one day to try and it is a Sunday, which seems to be the worse day of the week. Crowd level 6 and I will be on a large rented mobility scooter. Sadly I feel like if there are others scooters at the bus stop that morning before me and I have to wait for a second bus, I may well be out of luck in getting there on time. Even once there, since I will be solo, I think my odds may not be as good as families with many people trying, if my cheap phone and service even connects. Sigh, the stress is high with this one. I am definitely going to need the force to be with me.

Just a word of encouragement. I travel solo and ride a scooter. Don't know which resort you are at... I was at AKL... I got to the bus stop extra early since I knew I might have to wait for another bus if there were multiple scooters. I was able to make it to the park by 6:15. Getting through the throng was a bit tricky but most people were really very considerate and helpful. Remember you just have to be in the park before the 7:00 AM opening

Being solo makes no difference as far as I can tell. Just follow the tips given here and you will be fine. I went to the table area behind Starbucks on Hollywood Blvd since it was not congested and was able to get a BG.

BTW, when I was called to the ride, I elected to park the scooter... there is an area just past where you enter near the exit to the attraction with a CM who looks after both scooters and strollers... and walk through, though you can certainly take it most of the way if you wish. The walking wasn't long and I just found it simpler. But that's your call.

Remember, head out to the bus stop extra early and plan for other scooters! :) Relax... and enjoy!

Hi all! Left Hilton Springs at 5:45am, got to HS at 5:58. Lined up and gates opened at 6:20am. Hit the app at 6:59am on ATT data, DH on wifi. BG wouldn't light up for me. DH got through first BG 69. I was all flustered and stood bear a CM. He wasn't much help to me when app glitched.
Can you guys tell me what time groups 60ish have boarded?

Of course when a specific BG is called depends on whether there are delays. To get a ballpark figure you can estimate one new BG every 5 minutes, or 12 an hour.

Today, with boarding starting soon after opening with BG 10, they could get to 69 close to noon if there are no significant delays.

Last Saturday we had BG 59 and it was called at about 11:45 even with a delay of around 30 minutes in mid morning. We left DHS after riding TOT and RNRC and went to DAK for AM EMH and followed the progression of BGs so we knew when to head back.

BTW, when I was called to the ride, I elected to park the scooter... there is an area just past where you enter near the exit to the attraction with a CM who looks after both scooters and strollers... and walk through, though you can certainly take it most of the way if you wish. The walking wasn't long and I just found it simpler. But that's your call.
I did the same yesterday morning. I paid with extra pain the rest of the day, but I think it was worth it, especially first time on an attraction. When I'm on the scooter, I can't see as much with everyone around me blocking my view. And I have to focus on not running into people instead of taking everything in.

They've been stuck at 26 for awhile now. We left to get breakfast at Riviera. I have FPs at MK. Anyone know if a CM can move it later for me. Its BTMT until 11:35. Not sure we can make that with BG 69.

They've been stuck at 26 for awhile now. We left to get breakfast at Riviera. I have FPs at MK. Anyone know if a CM can move it later for me. Its BTMT until 11:35. Not sure we can make that with BG 69.
you can always ask, the worst they can say is no

So would I be able to take an uber to Hollywood studios around 5:45 from the contemporary and be able to make it before a 7:00 am park opening?
That is super early ...
We took a car service on 12/23 and 12/25 from VGF - crowd levels of 10+ ("this one goes to 11...") - ordered the car around 6am and we were in the car at 6:25 the first day (not ideal, but all the cars were doing round trips to HS), in park (through security, fingerprints, at 6:57). Second time, we were in the car at 6:15 and in park at 6:40 for a 7am open. That, to me, was the sweet spot. (be in the car by 6:15.)

@SouthFayetteFan I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much I loved that song when I was, ahem, younger. I totally rapped your lyrics as I was reading it to my dh. I don't think you'll be able to top this one! :thanks:

🙋‍♀️ And now I have that song stuck in my head.

Also: @SouthFayetteFan :worship::worship::worship: WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!!

Happy opening day to RotR West MTFBWY
for info on RotR DL head to this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...-superthread-no-ride-spoilers-please.3784461/
We are going to try to ride this in April. Wish us luck!

Yes. Ask a GET CM for help. We had a Soarin FP at EP with a BG 62. We went to a GET CM in HS after we rope dropped MF:SR. They made it an all-day Soarin FP, which made our split HS/EP day simply AMAZING. Christmas Day - crowds were at a "10" but they were worse than any previous 10 level days.

Today was my departure day. At 6:25 I walked from BWV and scanned into the park, staying to the right, at 6:40.
My goal was to get a low BG and ride again before I left for home.
I got 72 and decided to try the “remove guest” feature. I was able to remove myself and immediately join another BG. I did this several times getting BG90, then 94, then 102, then 112, then 114. By this time around 7:20 the backup groups started.
The BG Numbers never got smaller, only larger. Following is a screenshot of my removal message.053231E3-09E1-4577-A76C-842EE45B5982.png

Today was my departure day. At 6:25 I walked from BWV and scanned into the park, staying to the right, at 6:40.
I got 72 and decided to try the “remove guest” feature. I was able to remove myself and immediately join another BG. I did this several times getting BG90, then 94, then 102, then 112, then 114. By this time around 7:20 the backup groups started.
The BG Numbers never got smaller, only larger. Following is a screenshot of my removal message.View attachment 465771
That's super helpful to know at least. It clearly answers some questions about strange strategies people previously were surmising. I added a link to this comment in my post 2 FAQs so we can reference back to it if it comes up again. Have a safe trip home!!

Unrelated to this comment, but the ride appears to be having significant issues today. Sitting on BG 36 and it's been there for a long time! 😞

We are here now. No plans until late this afternoon. Got to the park at 6:30am. Opened up app at 7:00am and got boarding group 40.
We took the sklyliner to Epcot for breakfast then back to the park.
Ride is stuck on groups 35-36. The crowds at Hollywood studios have been pretty high all day.

The BG Numbers never got smaller, only larger. Following is a screenshot of my removal message.

I'm not sure what you mean by a low BG here. Wouldn't 90/94/102 be higher than 72, not lower?

At any rate, this is very useful. I'm going to try to get one on our Epcot day, and I wouldn't want to wind up with a BG called before noon, so anything lower than 60-70 seems like it would be trouble.

Today, with boarding starting soon after opening with BG 10, they could get to 69 close to noon if there are no significant delays.

Why don't they start at BG 1?

Why don't they start at BG 1?

Nobody knows. Maybe to make data collection more diffcult. Maybe to make it look like more BGs are called in a day. Maybe so people with actual low BG numbers like 15 don't go hang around the entrance at opening. Your guess is as good as any,

The BG Numbers never got smaller, only larger. Following is a screenshot of my removal message.View attachment 465771
Thanks for reporting back this experience!! It could be really useful/helpful if you get a low BG but looking for a bit higher, like afternoon/evening.

I'm not sure what you mean by a low BG here. Wouldn't 90/94/102 be higher than 72, not lower?

you are correct, I think they meant they wanted a lower group and since the one they got initially (72) wasn't low enough they figured they would try to see if they could get a lower one but weren't able to ... confirming (at least per this test) that the numbers are given out in order and not random so you cannot get a better number than your initial one so don't try

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter