READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I have an android phone and my app has been glitchy all day. I deleted and reinstalled the app and now it's working great.

Thanks to all for sharing your experiences! Just returned home and successfully rode RotR 3 times (last ride today required a bit of help from CMs).

Day 1: Arrived before park opening (6 am), inside park by 5:35 am, got BG 20 right at 6 am, Group called at 6:30 am

Day 2: Tapped into park at 6:01 (park opened at 6 am), received BG 101 at 6:02, Group called ~1:00 pm

Day 3 (this morning): Tapped into park at 6:33 am (7 am park opening), but at 7 am the Join Boarding Group button would not go live on either phone - one was on WDW WiFi, one on ATT, one start fresh starting the app right at 7 while the other was already in the app and kept refreshing. Neither phone would even allow us to get a BG until 7:04 and got 128. We were not the only guests with this issue this morning and folks around us had the same problem. Problem was, our flight home left at 1:30 pm and we knew from previous days (and this thread) that would never be called in time. After sharing our circumstances with a CM, we were allowed to tap in early so we could ride before having to leave today. Of course, I then had to drive lightspeed to make it to the airport in time!

So in how many parsecs did you make the MCO run in?

We did lose 2 in our party. DW and DD5 made the call to waive it off, no matter what happens.

A day/afternoon of pool time leads to tired children. And tired children and going back out to the parks with unknown timing / outcome sometimes doesn’t mix. So we decided not to push the issue.

DS9 and I are carrying on though. We thought putting ourselves a Skyliner ride away would be a reasonable strategy. Plus we love Epcot, so all won’t be lost if it doesn’t work out.
Have you considered bringing DW’s and DD’s MBs along for a re-ride?

On the Skyliner that is.....a re-ride on the Skyliner. :duck:

Any news for us?
On the ride just after 6pm and off just before 6:30. The lines got a little jammed up in places but mostly kept moving. Definitely a fun ride and some “wow” reveal moments. It’ll be good to ride again for the details - but not under the current system. The VQ will go in that category of “glad I tried it once” - so could be a very long time before ride #2. All the best to those en route and waiting to be called!

On the ride just after 6pm and off just before 6:30. The lines got a little jammed up in places but mostly kept moving. Definitely a fun ride and some “wow” reveal moments. It’ll be good to ride again for the details - but not under the current system. The VQ will go in that category of “glad I tried it once” - so could be a very long time before ride #2. All the best to those en route and waiting to be called!
Thanks for sharing! I’m so glad you got to ride!

Noticing people on this thread were having a lot of issues getting the Join Boarding Group to work today until minutes after opening thus resulting in 120+ type Bgs. Given it just changed opening hours to 7 a.m., has anyone seen this before (or even during the 6 a.m.). It seemed things were getting better and faster past couple days and now people arriving before park opening are ending up with very late BG/BBG. Obviously being I'm at 7 a.m. I'm just curious anyone think this'll hopefully be fixed by Monday?

Line is out to the entrance. Is that normal?

I have avoided most discussion of ride specifics so feel less prepared about what to expect now.
[/QUOTE]

Is the line moving??

You can expect to...

1486A6B5-7453-48E1-A928-9261ED0F1C59.jpeg

:darth: 8-)

I have avoided most discussion of ride specifics so feel less prepared about what to expect now.
That’s where we were earlier and took about 50 minutes to get on.

In other news, the Disney gods smiled on us once we got to AK - picked up FoP FPs after canceling our others earlier for RotR. Always pay it forward.

Definitely didn't seem to be the norm, even when I was stuck in the breakdown. I walked through the outdoor part very quickly.

Good luck! I hope you and DS9 enjoy it after your crazy morning!!!

I thought yesterday when we went in for ride at about 9 that it was a long wait. There are ledges built in to the line and people were sitting and getting up and moving to another seat the entire time. I guess the 17 minute ride that I heard about includes a lot of the waiting time. Also, can mickey ears pleased be banned from the ride?? Some woman ahead of me not only was wearing ginormous glittery ears that blocked the view but was also filming the entire ride. So annoying.
After hearing reports from today, I am so glad we moved to doing HS on Wed and not today. But with all the people on here reporting groups of 100 plus, who got the earlier groups??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter