READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Magic Bands - you do not need those, just your ticket or however you are getting into the parks. Magic Bands are just a link to your account where your ticket information is stored - so the hard plastic tickets do the same thing

2) Back-up boarding groups are the same as regular boarding groups just no guarantee you will get on the ride if there are mechanical problems. Basically if you have a regular BG and don't get on, you cna expect some compensation from Disney ... if you have a Backup BG and don't get on, no compensation. Other wise there really is no difference
Many thanks! With only one day there next week and 8 kids with me, I’m trying to figure out as much as possible!

Many thanks! With only one day there next week and 8 kids with me, I’m trying to figure out as much as possible!
@Becky201068 As you've probably seen from this thread RotR can be a bit confusing. As you have eight kids, hopefully the advice in this thread can help. One thing I highly recommend (based on reading and so you don't have to go back so many pages), next week the park opens at 7 a.m. Try and be there before 7 (preferably it seems between 6/6:30 very latest) as you will need to be IN the park in order to get one of these boarding groups. Make sure you have My Disney Experience app on your phone and make sure it's working properly.

When you open the app, you'll notice the Rise of the Resistance likely right when it loads and a "Find Out More" button. Then you'll see "My Status" and "Join Boarding Group," latter of which will be greyed out right now. At opening of the park (7), as I understand it that Join Boarding will go red, (if it doesn't, it sounds like either exit out of the app and come back, or the back arrow at the top left of your phone and then click Find Out More again). Click Join Boarding and it will give you a boarding group number. The app will tell you when your boarding group is called (be sure to have Notifications turned on for the app) and you have two hours to return to the ride. Please note, the ride has been very popular and sometimes the boarding groups have filled up by half an hour after park opening (though it could change next week as crowds get a bit smaller), hence be there early.

I'll let others though refine this a bit if I'm missing something :)

We’re doing two days in the park this weekend (Sat DHS, Sun EP), then leaving on the Dream Monday. I don’t care if we don’t ride RotR until evening, but definitely want to make sure we get on. Sounds like arrival by 6:30a might be a must? We’ll have a bag and a stroller, and can walk from Boardwalk.

@Becky201068 As you've probably seen from this thread RotR can be a bit confusing. As you have eight kids, hopefully the advice in this thread can help. One thing I highly recommend (based on reading and so you don't have to go back so many pages), next week the park opens at 7 a.m. Try and be there before 7 (preferably it seems between 6/6:30 very latest) as you will need to be IN the park in order to get one of these boarding groups. Make sure you have My Disney Experience app on your phone and make sure it's working properly.

When you open the app, you'll notice the Rise of the Resistance likely right when it loads and a "Find Out More" button. Then you'll see "My Status" and "Join Boarding Group," latter of which will be greyed out right now. At opening of the park (7), as I understand it that Join Boarding will go red, (if it doesn't, it sounds like either exit out of the app and come back, or the back arrow at the top left of your phone and then click Find Out More again). Click Join Boarding and it will give you a boarding group number. The app will tell you when your boarding group is called (be sure to have Notifications turned on for the app) and you have two hours to return to the ride. Please note, the ride has been very popular and sometimes the boarding groups have filled up by half an hour after park opening (though it could change next week as crowds get a bit smaller), hence be there early.

I'll let others though refine this a bit if I'm missing something :)
Thank you so much!! Will do all of those things. I haven’t bought tickets yet but I have linked everyone on the app and I assume I can link the tickets once I’ve bought those. We have reservations for (some of us) Savi’s workshop and we have reservations for Oga’s so hopefully I’m set! Once the boarding group is called, I know you have two hours to get to the RoTR ride, but how long could that take? And what if it makes you miss your time at Savis or Ogas (4:50 and 7:15? And you can only ride RoTR once a day, right?

We’re doing two days in the park this weekend (Sat DHS, Sun EP), then leaving on the Dream Monday. I don’t care if we don’t ride RotR until evening, but definitely want to make sure we get on. Sounds like arrival by 6:30a might be a must? We’ll have a bag and a stroller, and can walk from Boardwalk.

the key is to be in the park, ticket scanned, etc. prior to park opening - even if just a few minutes. So the "getting there 1/2 hour before park opening" is to allow sufficient time for that to take place (to get thorugh security, etc.)

Thank you so much!! Will do all of those things. I haven’t bought tickets yet but I have linked everyone on the app and I assume I can link the tickets once I’ve bought those. We have reservations for (some of us) Savi’s workshop and we have reservations for Oga’s so hopefully I’m set! Once the boarding group is called, I know you have two hours to get to the RoTR ride, but how long could that take? And what if it makes you miss your time at Savis or Ogas (4:50 and 7:15? And you can only ride RoTR once a day, right?

so the 2 hour window should be sufficient to fit around your Savi's or Oga's reservations as each of those experiences takes less than 1 hour. If you are in line for the ride and it breaks down or something and it just takes you much longer than expected to get through the ride causing you to miss your reservation, just talk to the cast member at that respective location - lots of stories of the CMs wanting to make things work, etc.

I am a planner and am also stressing a bit about times overlapping other things, but I really think in the end it will work out - just go with the flow, and if there really are issues the CMs will make it right!

Yes only one ride a day
If your group overlaps your other plans it should still be ok
There is 2 hour window to enter the ride but it shouldn’t take 2 hours to ride. Less than 60 is norm but you never know about down time
If you can’t do your experiences then enter the queue then go and explain what happened

Caught a 6:30am bus to DHS from CBR. Arrived at DHS 6:40 and son forgot magic band. He sprinted to guest services to get a card. In the park by 6:53am. Turned off Disney WiFi. Closed the Disney App and opened it at 7am exactly. My party of 5 got boarding group 15!

Thanks for all the posts! This thread made it happen!!

Because you said stroller wanted to remind you there is a height restriction. They will do child swap
95E241F4-63DF-4866-A841-7D58815A1B54.png

They are at BG 92 today at 12:11pm so they are well ahead of yesterday's pace which called back 179 BGs by 7pm.
ABOVE is yesterday with a 6am open.

They just reached BG 92 today at 1:35pm so they are slightly behind yesterday’s pace adjusting for 1 hr later open. They also close 3 hours earlier tonight - anybody know what the highest BG is today? They should get into the backup groups by 4:00...

Reactions: CJN
ABOVE is yesterday with a 6am open.

They just reached BG 92 today at 1:35pm so they are slightly behind yesterday’s pace adjusting for 1 hr later open. They also close 3 hours earlier tonight - anybody know what the highest BG is today? They should get into the backup groups by 4:00...
Not sure on highest, but lowest today was 7 and yesterday was 8.

Wow! Trying to read and figure out how to get to ride once during our trip in March, and it is overwhelming! I wonder if I should wait until closer to March since it seems Disney is changing things a bit as they go? Wonder if the procedures will still be the same then?

Wow! Trying to read and figure out how to get to ride once during our trip in March, and it is overwhelming! I wonder if I should wait until closer to March since it seems Disney is changing things a bit as they go? Wonder if the procedures will still be the same then?
I would wait till it gets closer since things can definitely change as the ride starts to get into a better flow.

Left BWV at 6:00 this morning. Through security by 6:15, lined up along the construction wall (but were already backed up almost to security). In the park by 6:30. We were able to make our way almost to the front of the pack in order to RD SDD. Lined up in a small section that branches off near Brown Derby. At 6:50 a CM told us we would not be able to go that way to TSL or SWGE, so we made our way out of that area.. only to be told by an older CM that we would definitely be able to go that way. We made our way back to our first spot. In my group of 5 we had 4 phones ready to get a BG at 7. My mom counted down the seconds on her Garmin and right at 7 we clicked on the find out more button. We were all using AT&T LTE, but only my mom’s button turned red right away (yet she has the oldest phone of the group). She secured the 5 of us BG 10. Group next to us clicked in just seconds after we did and got BG 92. After RD we went to SDD, boarding around 7:14. Group 10 was called at 7:16. We went ahead and rode TSM (posted wait was 45 minutes at 7:25, waited almost that long). Went from there to our ToT FP around 8:20 and were off around 8:40. From ToT we went to RotR, checking in right at 8:55. The line was backed up all the way to the entrance but we were still off by 9:45. The ride was quite possibly the best I have ever ridden.

For those of you who may be wondering, this ride is ok for those with moderate motion sickness. My mom gets motion sick very easy (can’t ride Star Tours, FoP, MFSR) but did just fine on RotR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter