READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my son got in about 5 or 10 after. He got group 90. It said I was not in park. They led us to a customer service line with hundreds of people. We gave up and went to Galaxy’s edge. There were finally cast members who could help with little line. Learned on this board to ask for same boarding group as party who did check in. We were close to front before all of this so didn’t get on MFSR. might try tonight. As of 8:09 ride had not started yet

Ride has not been operational all morning according to team Member I just spoke to. I have seen any progress on my app and I am BG 58. She said they are scrambling to get it working. So frustrated.

We were in the park at 5:40ish and our group of 8 got BG 27 and 56 (thanks to hubby not listening). Moved us all to 56. Bag check was INTENSE today, but no finger prints. They dumped someone’s entire thing of diapers. 🙄

I know nobody knows for certain, but am I pretty safe assuming for our last week of January trip they will still be doing BG? We are going right after Christmas/New Years crowds, and then the MLK Jr. holiday. Tomorrow is my FP day, we aren't staying onsite, and I'm trying to figure out if I should try for a morning FP or if we will have to rope drop ROTR. I have 1:55pm Oga's MDRs. SWGE is our priority, but if we have some extra time I would like to use it wisely.

I know nobody knows for certain, but am I pretty safe assuming for our last week of January trip they will still be doing BG? We are going right after Christmas/New Years crowds, and then the MLK Jr. holiday. Tomorrow is my FP day, we aren't staying onsite, and I'm trying to figure out if I should try for a morning FP or if we will have to rope drop ROTR. I have 1:55pm Oga's MDRs. SWGE is our priority, but if we have some extra time I would like to use it wisely.
Well look at it this way. If there are still using the VQ and BG then you should rope drop. If they are not using VQ and BG then you should rope drop cause the attraction will be standby only, no fp will be offered for the time being.

When you say try for a morning FP, I assume you mean for ROTR? If that is the case, I dont think you will see that ride go to FP for at least 4-5 months. MF is not near as popular and has been open for 4 months already and still hasn't opened its FP queue.

When you say try for a morning FP, I assume you mean for ROTR? If that is the case, I dont think you will see that ride go to FP for at least 4-5 months. MF is not near as popular and has been open for 4 months already and still hasn't opened its FP queue.
I meant morning FP for another ride, in another area. I'm not expecting FP for ROTR by then. Before it opened with BRs, my original plan had us in line for ROTR all morning.

MFSR is popular just because it's efficient and doesn't have a long standby line does not mean it isn't. Also more kid friendly as the height req is lower than RotR

Left our room at pop at 5:30, called for a Minnie van on the way down the stairs.
Minnie van arrived at 5:40 & we got out of the car about 5:55.
Got through security quickly & through the tapstile right at 6.
Was able to join right away with no issues & got bg 79.

MFSR is popular just because it's efficient and doesn't have a long standby line does not mean it isn't. Also more kid friendly as the height req is lower than RotR
Didnt mean to offend,lol. I have ridden twice and going again this week to be a pilot as well. I enjoy the ride, but I was just using as a comparison that MF doesnt get the lines of say FOP when that oppened and it still hasn't oppened its FP line. My point was mute anyway as I misunderstood OP question.

Is it sad I am still watching this thread even though we returned home yesterday?

RoTR was absolutely amazing and we had a great time even with the early wake-up calls. My one tip, do not forget to interact with First Order Cast Members on the ride. They are really into the experience and it is a ton of fun. Some quotes...

”There is no smiling”
”Remember your color...DONT LOOK DOWN”
”Your holoscans will reveal nothing....you will tell us the location”

Enjoy!!!

My Disney dates were Dec 12 - 19 and we just got home from Florida yesterday, and we have been checking BG statuses all week just for fun and out of curiosity. We did 3 HS days out of our 7 park days. Dec 14, Dec 17, and Dec 19.

We did the standard get up at 5, get to the park for 6 thing for our first HS day. Got BG 54 and rode between 1 and 1:30pm.

Our second HS day we decided to sleep in until 7am and not bother with trying to get a bg. Plus the kids said it wouldn't be the same without the initial surprise. But we got there at 8:30am and then 10 minutes into the park I just happened to check and there were still backup bg's so I grabbed one and didn't tell my family. Got bg 120 and knew we might not get called anyway. We got the notification at 6:22pm at Disney Springs while having my daughter's 16th bday dinner. We headed back to HS as we had other rides planned. Told my family about our bg and they all decided to ride again though the kids had their qualms! We arrived for our bg at 7:54pm and got to walk straight on. The kids ended up loving having both experiences of the initial ride and the walk on experience. They called up to bg 122 that day.

Third HS day was our last park day and we headed back to our resort for 3pm so we didn't bother with getting a bg that day. :)

Last edited:
Didnt mean to offend,lol. I have ridden twice and going again this week to be a pilot as well. I enjoy the ride, but I was just using as a comparison that MF doesnt get the lines of say FOP when that oppened and it still hasn't oppened its FP line. My point was mute anyway as I misunderstood OP question.
oh no, not offended at all :D
FoP long standby queue wait times is due to the fact that it does offer fp. If MFSR offered fp the standby queue would be much, much longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter